1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Directory Owner Members where are they now !

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Oct 22, 2007.

?

Which would you Prefer in the DP Directory Category

1. That the category is beneficial to all POSTERS

69.9%
  2. That the category IS TAKEN OVER BY TROLLS

30.1%
  1. banless

banless Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice thread pete. Looks like this one is catching everyones attention. I do my best to ignore the post by those who do not know what they are talking about. Even though this section is crazy now, there is still some valuable information to be found here. I think the best thing that most of us can do instead of replying to the attacks is just not reply to their post. I know that can be hard sometimes because these guys say such stupid things but that is the best solution that I can think of which would be fair.

banless, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  2. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually i believe that "downunder" said it all...

Look... if you and someone wont agree on something or nothing but each others hatred for each other
    then simply choose not to see each others posts and keep your opinions against that person to yourselves ...
    yes that includes "innuendos" and all "snide remarks" period!

Many off us have different views and we are entitled to that but throwing crap and trying to light fires
    under each others asses wont help anyone and only plummets us lower in the eyes off everyone ...

Ive learned alot from many here this includes our newest members as well as those that dont have anything to with the directory world.

What has gotten my blood boiling was the attacks on each other and the "wolf packs" i see forming on
    both sides as thiers no need for any off it. Why? cause we all have a few skeletons in our closets bottom line...
    and i myself wont sit here and "choose sides" between my friends and colleagues..

I only suggest we start showing a little more respect for each others opinions and comments and help each other
    rather then tear each other apart for no good reason..

@mikey Ive learned alot from "minstrel" ...
    and i honestly believe that change is must for that niche to succeed and progress further.

As for the Moderators....

crazy rob and others do just fine, though i wouldnt mind someone that has positive mindset concerning this section
    also help to get us back on path... just my ...whatever

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    stoner3221 likes this.
  3. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    One day malcolm will get my name right :p:D

mikey1090, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  4. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thats something I want to know too what is your preferred name ?:D

Or do you have a nickname you like better:cool:

britishguy, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  5. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    family call me mikey or mike. Others call me michael. Whichever...i really dont mind. I guess you can use mike/mikey on the forum as thats what i have always signed my posts and PMs as:)

mikey1090, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  6. britishguy

Best Answers:
    So malcolm with Mickey is not too far off then ;)

Thanks Mike :)

7. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Since when are moderators elected at DigitalPoint? This is not a democracy. It has an owner who has appointed and/or hired staff of his own choosing. You didn't really think that thread was going to get any one of you appointed moderator, did you? :rolleyes:

minstrel, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    stoner3221 likes this.
  8. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread
    msolution, acuman, alpna, an0n, balkanboy, malcolm1, mikey1090, mywebsearches, steveb, stock_post, threebuckchuck

You sure made a point BritishGuy,
    i myself have stopped posting here! due to trolls and the "penalisation topic" lovers!
    i tried to kill a few of those bitchslapping threads, but to no use :(

im still reading the rapid growing thread, but thought ill post and then read! ....5 pages!

we need to rid of these trolls who pose themselves as gr8 directory owners,
    who have nothing better than to throw personal attacks at others just to get attention!

But i should mention here, i have been reading some posts in the past few days, and some of the newbies and others are really good and make alot of sense! LaCabra, bobby9101, Downunder to name a few.

afcourse there are old timers whos post are pure information,.. like the OP! ;)

M.

msolution, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  9. britishguy

Best Answers:
    I did not think anything and as I did not open that thread, you better ask the OP

10. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, it got 15 votes so far.

adnan, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  11. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Tell you what, for the past month or so, go read EVERY recent thread / post of mine, then follow them through to where you've chimed in, and people can make their own minds up on who's done the following, you or me? If you need help I can always post them for you, just let me know, I'm always open to helping those in need. ;)

As for your threats; that's a little sad as it portrays you as a sad and bitter person, with my theory of playground bullying absolutely correct. I was hoping I'd be proven wrong there but guess that's not going to be the case.

Moving swiftly on.....

The Pheonix, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  12. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Enough with your total BS: Read this and answer it.

What I hate are people who commit wrongs then when the wrongs are brought to light are the first person to join the banwagon and say they are against it.

One of your MANY problems TP is that when you say anything towards seeing the other side you always roll your eyes and make a joke of the person. You're the joke and a liar which I'm going to prove further down.

You're running PHPLD on the ONLY directory you promote here... Yet you argue all day about your PHPLink script and say how PHPLD isn't anything close. Your a CODER why not migrate it!?

You claimed to have no affiliation to PHPWhatever until finally it was too obvious you then said you just started recently working for PHPLINK.. Right.

Go back to my first point. You've done that on ALOT of threads.

This isn't your first or last account. How is your throat surgery going? You make this long apology email to all of us in the forum then come back with a new account as the same old @sshole.

Are you really TP!?

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?find=lastposter&t=253388

Or are you cantufind?? (see link above)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=254332

You make this thread on the 26th asking why SPAM you start isn't sticking around... Shawn quickly informs you that he coudln't care less. (I found that post quite funny - you know your forum is HUGE when someone complains and you tell them you don't care).

Now... Oddly after / during that response you make a new account! (Your a genius!!!) Your TP account was created Feb 27th 2007.

The next day you report that you've been an @$$hole and apologize.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=254805

You then Vanish!!!

You then come back alittle while later and only 2 or 3 posts in you just can't help yourself can you? You start a thread!!!

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=332958

Look at the 2nd Paragraph 2nd sentence... Wow coincidence!?!?! Also look at Crazy Rob's response hahaha.

You USE THE SAME EXACT phrase to describe "something fishy" about manipulation... Wow it's intent is almost identical to the original thread that was closed under cantufind. Well not identical but same question. You think your smart. Your not.

You are a joke and a liar cantufind aka TP aka whatever other SPAM account you have here. I don't even know if you had cancer or was that a lie too; was that picture of you with throat surgery even really you?? The problem with LIARS is you can't TRUST THEM. Without TRUST you have NOTHING!

Why would good people and good directory owners care to share there thoughts when they will be berated by a guy who doesn't care about his forum reputation or respect? Why am I going to waste my time in a forum where there is someone always arguing who never even acknowledges the hard hitting questions?

I'm NOT a mean spirited person just this has gone on to far. I used to freaking love this forum. My girlfriend would be like oh no here we go... And I"d spend countless hours on digitalpoint.

Everyone giving TP green reps wake up. This guy is playing you for his own agenda. I just can't phatom how you thought a) we wouldn't catch on and b) how you'd get different results with the same gameplan????

I hate to be the one to break the story but it has to be said.

Dubz, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    Bernard, msolution, mikey1090 and 2 others like this.
  13. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Now then that is the best post in this category for a long long time

Thanks Dubz :cool:

Now then let us have some straight shooting stand up and be counted now
    :eek:

[​IMG]

14. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers: