1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A public apology from Cantufind

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by cantufind, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi there, my names' Kevin, I'm the owner of the phpLynx script of which most who visited the directories area here and on other forums will have heard of.

Many a comment has been made on my attitude which sadly clouded my purpose of providing what I believe to be possibly one of the best products in its field in recent years. I can now happily tell you why I had such and attitude and why I always came across as arrogant, angry, gosh, you name it I came across as it. :eek:

Today I was given the all clear for Cancer, this, after being given a year to live, people close to me knew I was ill but not many knew just how ill I was. (Here's me just last week) Please do not look if easily upset

You might not think this much of an excuse, or some cynics might think 'yeah, nice try', but do you know, I don't care, I'm alive and going to stay that way.

I started the phpLynx script as a challenge when I first got diagnosed, I poured my company money into it with the aim not to make pots of money but to 'prove' to certain people, (moreso myself) that it could be done.

Even though I've been in the directory game for over 7 years I have no expericence of forum speak, I'm an offline businessman by rule. I never for one second though that my attempts to promote my offerings on the forums would be taken in such bad taste and to my shame I reacted badly and retaliated. My view was "Who the F do these people think they are?" Don't they know why I'm doing this? Don't they know that I wont' be here long? I called every one of them Bastards for being so cruel but they were just defending thier territory and reacting to the way I was portraying myslelf.

I learnt a very valuable lesson and that is that life is far too precious to be angry, you never know if its going to be taken away from you but it is no excuse for my actions.

I would therefore ask humbly to all those I may have a offended, or annoyed to forgive my actions and understand that sometimes we can't always be in control of our emotions, whilst this is no excuse it is a reason. Now I'm well (at least not dying) I will never lower myself to this level again, I am going to learn to step back and listen to what is being said and if I feel I don't like the answer I'll ingore not retaliate.

I am going to keep phpLynx going, I owe it to the good people who stood by me on the forum and also to my Company who has put in rather a large sum of money to develop this, in fact I'm going to make it even better, but what I'm not going to do is to brag about it. I'll leave more qualified people than I to do the marketing fir it and do it the right way. I intend to do a lot more for the internet community as well and this will be witnessed as time goes by.

So in essence I ask those who I offended to find it in thier hearts to accept my apologies and perhaps also to learn that sometimes people aren't really as they come across.

I know I'm going to get chasticed, mocked, whatever but I am going to rise above this. If anything I owe it to myslef to apologise for my behaviour.

Yours Sincerely,

Kevin

Please donate to Cancer Research

cantufind, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  2. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, the picture shows your throat operated. Which disease was it ? I can really imagine your condition.. :( :(

aditya_sfs, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  3. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    He did say its cancer and i really feel sorry for him becaue i know someone close person to me who was also a cancer patient.

Edit : I dont know why you said you are not kevin here - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=45581 and here you say you are kevin followed by an apology :confused:

amitpatel_3001, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  4. procrastinator

procrastinator Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont really know who you are, but i wish you good luck & good health.
    One thing ive learnt in life , anger, hatred is must of a waste of an emotion , one must try to be good always.

procrastinator, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  5. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right procastinator, i just took a glimpse at your past threads, i dont see you did anything wrong. Why and for what are you apologizing.

aditya_sfs, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  6. Mahumba

Mahumba Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Kevin,

No apology needed here. Actually I refuse your apology. You were trying to make a great thing happen while going through the toughest time in your life. I have lost loved ones to the big C and seen what they went through so therefore I'm glad you are better! Keep the Directory going!

Roger

Mahumba, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  7. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    before this you were a little too aggresive and strong - especially when people didn't mention or suck up to your script. well, good that you have decided to take a step back and relook at the way you market your script.

all the best!

daboss, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All the best from me

w3bmaster, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  9. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you get more better in the soonest possible time.

As I have said we can be friends here. :)

popotalk, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  10. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No need to apologize, just get better!

nate_king1, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  11. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck and health for the future.

Brian1970, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  12. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    I also see no reason for apologies, I followed few threads of yours and they were fine I think, you were just defending your script. I even downloaded your script and was going to install it but then I said that I won't lose my time with a script if it is encoded and I know that I will need to modify it to fit my needs. However if someone is satisfied with out of the box solution then it looks very interesting and a good alternative to phpld.
    good luck and get better

enQuira, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  13. steveb

steveb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there was anything wrong with you defending your script, which you worked so hard for.

Wish you the best Kevin.

steveb, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  14. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best of luck for your health. Thanks for giving world such a great tool.

infonote, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  15. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    All the best, for now and the future.

pipes, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  16. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Thankyou all for your kind words, I will do my utmost to not only fulfill my promises but to enhance on them and share what I can as the donors did for me.

Please donate Blood and give what you can to Cancer Research.

cantufind, Feb 28, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.