1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there something fishy going on?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by cantufind, Feb 26, 2007.

Can someone here tell me why all of a sudden you keep moving phplynx threads on the features it has even though they follow the rules. Is there one rule for one and another rule for others?

Are we really that much of a threat to phpld who seem the main complainants? I was under the impression that DP was one of the most respected forums on the planet but to move posts on a whim when they clearly dont break forum rules is a bit of a worry?

cantufind, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  2. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For some reason, i can't imagine mod's moving posts due to competition for PHPLD. Your directory software seem's good enough, but i'd watch out that this thread isn't in the wrong forum. :confused:

terryuk, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  3. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    What was the move?

! Ask !, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  4. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol i am wonderin the same thing ... can u track it where it was moved too ?

which threads are you talking about ?

smub, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  5. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:

It was this one offering news about the features of a FREE script

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=253388&highlight=phplynx

It was moved to Digital Point Forums > Business > Buy, Sell or Trade > Content

The script is FREE, you cannot buy it, you cannot sell it, as its not for sale, or you cant' trade it. I would understand it if I had not READ THE RULES fully, and ironically other scripts are still allowed on the directory area promoting thier script.

Lots of people are whispering that phpld are behind this as they are afraid of the challenge the phpLynx script poses? I'm not for conspiract theories, why would anyone steer threads?

phpld have a great base and I respect that, sure I think my own script beats his hands down, whats wrong with this? I posted the features to prove this and they were sin-binned?

HERE THEY ARE....http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=253388

If I was selling the script I would understand but I've made it clear that this is a FREE script and even the support is FREE. Why such drastic action? And should this not apply to EVERY script that advertises features or scripts? Not just the one. :confused:

Come on DP, please let this be an oversight, and restore the link to where it belongs.

6. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing wrong with competition.

I for one would like to see a one on one comparison with only owners speaking for their behalf. No third party .02 fro anyone else.

mano a mano

an0n, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  7. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you Rob, and this comes from the man who along with Bobby all but built the competition, if it wasn't for you Rob there would be no competition and I mean that, this isnt solely my opinion either!

Why is is so difficult to get others to accept a features comparison?

8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I thought Rob is part of PHPLD and one of its developers. :confused:

popotalk, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are two places to talk about scripts.

Digital Point Forums > Design & Development > Content Management > Scripts

and

Digital Point Forums > Business > Buy, Sell or Trade > Content

If you are just discussing directories etc then your comments would be fine in the Directories forum but you are actively promoting your script and so it belongs in BST. If you had read the note that came with your infraction you would have seen the comment.

If phpLD or any others are promoting their scripts in the directories section click on the magic [​IMG] and let us know.

sarahk, Feb 26, 2007 IP
    saadahmed007 likes this.
  10. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No idea what phplynx or phpld are (nor do I really care to be honest), so not sure what either has to do with anything...

As far as placement of threads, a thread "not breaking forum rules" does not mean it was put in the most appropriate category. No clue what thread you are referring to, but if a moderator moved it, my guess is because it was misplaced to begin with.

digitalpoint, Feb 27, 2007 IP