1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are areas of Digital Point being manipulated?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by The Pheonix, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi there, I have a puzzle, I posted here a simple and what I believed fair question as to the activities of certain members on this great forum only to find that the thread was moved and closed with who I believe was possibly the moderator? http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=332510

I can't for the life of me think what I said wrong when I stated how highly regarded DP was. Is there something fishy going on with the moderators and posters of certain areas of the forums? This isn't an accusation its a question, and a question that even long standing members like britishguy agreed should be answered.

I sincerly hope Jeff picks up on this thread as I fear for the commercial viability of forums that don't show transparency and are afraid to answer questions that are actually quite legitimate and well thought out.

Now I know for a fact that I've posted in the correct area which gave me an infraction last time. :eek: So could someone please advise and maybe investigate my concerns.

The Pheonix, May 16, 2007 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Are you serious?! You're absolutely ridiculous!:mad:

The DP staff couldn't care less about your directory, his directory, her directory or anyone else's F'n directory!

And dude, if you make one more BASELESS ACCUSATION like this, I am going to ban you.

Crazy_Rob, May 16, 2007 IP
  3. bkleinhe

bkleinhe Peon

Best Answers:
    I've noticed similar strangeness on DP....overzealous mods, etc.. it's what happens when boards are somewhat neglected.

bkleinhe, May 16, 2007 IP
    JoyGoRound and Bondat like this.
  4. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    I havent made a single accusation in my life and 100% have not made one accusation here either so am a little puzzled as to why Rob is so angry at my post.

5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Overzealous mods that are neglecting the boards? That statement seems to contradict itself wouldn't you say?

GuyFromChicago, May 16, 2007 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  6. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Do you know what an accusation is?

Suggesting there is a bias and manipulation (collusion) is what I'm referring to.

Why am I angry about your posts? Because they're a waste of time and just flat out NONSENSICAL! (although I will admit I didn't read them entirely) :mad:

Maybe you just don't know how things work around here. If you see something that is against the rules, report it! [​IMG]

We don't get involved in personal disputes. I understand there's some kind of petty feud going one with people in the directory section. And it doesn't need to be aired here...END OF STORY!

Again, if you see something taking place which is in violation of the rules, report it [​IMG] or contact a moderator directly.

Crazy_Rob, May 16, 2007 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.
  7. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok Rob thanks for making it clear, I wasnt making an accusation though for certain. There is some petty feud going on mate and I wanted to get to the bottom of it as I jsut bought my first directory script from phplynx went and promoted the fact and got involved in some kind of bar-room brawl.

If you guys aint got anything against phplynx would it be okay for me to post on how I like it or what I might not like about it even, I so don't want to be banned for doing the wrong thing like.

Ad for the [​IMG] thanks for the nod on that I will do from now on mate. :) sorry about that.

8. jaybong

jaybong Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen the phplynx guy accuse a number of people of various things in relation to other directory scripts - even in other webmaster forums.

But really, think about it...Do you seriously think that there is some sort of DigitalPoint conspiracy regarding directory scripts?

People have better things to do

jaybong, May 16, 2007 IP
  9. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah so whats this ?

U accuse me of being a girl called paidhosting ? Thats a serious accusation and acting out of line ? What i do not see no line where is the line , can u draw me one ? Ya i got more posts than u so i can call u noobie without fear, cause from looks of it thats what ur so called posts count speak out loud. :D.

U started posted in Garys thread as if u and him are 1 entity and were getting paid to take this side. People can understand when something is fishy u know.

Cheers mr non-accuser ;)

paidhosting, May 16, 2007 IP
  10. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    *cough*Read da FAQ.*cough*

Make a thread about some one you don't like/scamed you, then you just might start seeing red infractions.

Nintendo, May 16, 2007 IP
  11. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    and some red red rep's as well

inworx, May 16, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.