1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlinks - looking for some practical explanation

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 28081981, Sep 1, 2008.

I have heard that one would need a lot of standard back links, if he wants to improve his rankings in search engines.

What I would like to know is that how exactly we get a back link ? For example, I just made this lil forum about a week back :

http://rocobaroco.co.cc

Now I have placed its link here on DP. So this is it ? I have got a back link from DP to my site ? Or there is more to it ?:confused:

28081981, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  2. joshsteve4

joshsteve4 Peon

Best Answers:
    exactly what you have said... ^_^

joshsteve4, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  3. pubdomainshost.com

pubdomainshost.com Peon

Best Answers:
    backlinks are incoming links to your website, so you are right about DP link as a back link for your site.
    There is indeed more to it than just placing a link on any place, if you get a back link from a page with good PR, chances of your PR to improve increase, so a few back links for say PR 5 sites, would be much better compared to 100 backlinks from PR 0 sites.

pubdomainshost.com, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  4. franchises

franchises Banned

Best Answers:
    Back links are incoming links to a web page. The number of back links are one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page.

franchises, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  5. 28081981

28081981 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is another thing of which, I would like to get a resonable explaination. Of what I have read, is that PR is something, whose importance is highly overestimated, for no substantial reason. May be a site with a high Main Page PR (they say that PR is for page and not for site) sells better, and it indicates its reputation, but still, I am not able to get why people get crazy to increase their PR.. I mean what exactly is the BIG DEAL ?:confused:

And could someone elobarate on how backlinks works, I mean how do I get a better ranking in SE cause of them, I would like to get some real content - an ebook or may be a good detailed blog, that can explain the algorithym, or atleast the basics of how it works.:confused:

I am looking for more than theoratical stuff like - Backlinks helps yor site getting better rankings in SE :eek:

28081981, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  6. theworldwinner

theworldwinner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    backlinks with ur keyword as anchor text helps u rank better in search engine
    for backlinks try commenting on wordpress blogs,forum sign links ,directory submission,free classifieds

and blog commenting can help u getting more no of backlinks if the blog has keyword luv,comment luv and top commentator enabled

theworldwinner, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  7. Kneoteric_eSolutions

Kneoteric_eSolutions Banned

Best Answers:
    Page Rank is an indication of your link popularity and is based on the number of quality back links you have. Google algo considers back links as votes for a webpage and the more the back links the more authority the webpage commands. However a direct relationship between PR and search engine rankings cannot be established and I personally think that PR only holds cosmetic value. So you need not worry too much about it. But back links and not just back links but quality back links is essential.

Kneoteric_eSolutions, Sep 2, 2008 IP
    28081981 likes this.
  8. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    magda, Sep 2, 2008 IP
    28081981 likes this.
  9. darkangel07

darkangel07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bro, Your right that by adding link here it is considered a backlink. Try adding your link on the Sig, to get more it'll help. :p

Just imagine that backlinks are like votes to your site where in more relevant votes means better chance to get to the top.

darkangel07, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  10. padameshwar

padameshwar Guest

Best Answers:
    Backlink can best be explained as a link received by a web page, directory, website from another web page,directory and website.More backlinks indicate more traffic to them.There is a bigger chance of them being viewed by visitors.

padameshwar, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  11. genuineseo

genuineseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you will try at home page link exchanges.

genuineseo, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  12. saleelm03

saleelm03 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will also help if you can make some post in Digg, Sphinn,Technocrati etc.

saleelm03, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  13. 28081981

28081981 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the links. Could you also comment on following :

1. Why people want to get a High PR ? What would they attain from it ?
    2. How can we know those 'quality links'. Is there a way to determine how many sits are backlinked to our site 'according to their quality'

Also someone their commented that we can sell links of a high PR ( 4 plus) pages, but then if this is what people look for, then whats so qualitative abt it ???

28081981, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  14. alifahru

alifahru Peon

Best Answers:
    backlink is link from other site that refer your site

alifahru, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  15. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:

As you stated above, that is how you make a back link. There are other ways too. PM me if you would like an explanation.

catanich, Sep 2, 2008 IP