1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Rank Importance

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by DrZork101, Aug 29, 2008.

Is page rank still a good measure of how well your site is performing in terms of search engines?

My web design site is at page rank 4 and i dont get very much traffic to it, however i think there is some good backlinks.

Thanks,

Julian

DrZork101, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  2. essai4u

essai4u Peon

Best Answers:
    It is very important to have a good page rank. Page rank may not be bring in some traffic but you can sell links in the Pr4 pages.

So that you will get paid for traffic and even get paid for Pr links.

There are several companies like TextLinkAds.com which will pay you to post a link in your site.

Payperpost.com will pay you the most with the Pagerank level. So you can use PayPerPost to make a considerable amount of money.

essai4u, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  3. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I were you, I would drop the hype about page rank and move on with life. Obviously the PR has nothing to do with your traffic. In order to get more visitors, try to involve in marketing and promotion, like maybe using signatures in forums, submit to tutorials sites and link back. If you have the right content and add more of it, the bulk of your traffic should come itself from search engines.

lycos, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  4. James_P

James_P Peon

Best Answers:
    Only because of idiots that spread the misinformation and believe the hype of PR's value... Realistically speaking, it has none. Once everyone works out that it holds little bearing (it is only a minor part of the algorithm, clearly), then nobody will be paying for high PR links.

James_P, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  5. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pagerank shows nothing about where you are situated in the search engines, as it all depends on the keywords you are trying to rank highely for as well as the optimisation that you are doing to your website both on page and off page.

Pagerank is a slight indication to how many backlinks you have but even then Google seem to be becoming more inaccurate with this too, so i would not lose any sleep over pagerank.

Don't listen to what "essai4u" says although many people with high pagerank do sell links on their websites this wont get you more traffic if anything it will lose you traffic through exit pages.

He is right in saying that textlink ads pay you to have their advertisers put their link on your websites however alexa rank has more of an indication here.

Overall don't worry about pagerank its a worthless number as well as alexa rank. Concentrate more on increasing traffic this in turn will effect every ranking on your website.

willyboy104, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  6. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    MattUK, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  7. jg_abad

jg_abad Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no connection of Page rank with traffic, it is very good if you are having page rank but it is not necessary to have high PR. page rank is one of the factor which affact your search engine ranking. If you are having good page rank that means your website having good quality back links and it is atleast 3 to 6 months old.
    Good page rank will help to increase the trustness for any website.

jg_abad, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  8. vickyseo

vickyseo Banned

Best Answers:
    hi,
    i prefer SERP instant of Page rank

vickyseo, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  9. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Pagerank does NOT effect search engine rankings.

Pagerank is an effect of increased links to your website both inbound and outbound or internal and external, it is these links themselves that effect your search engine rankings.

10. goliathus

goliathus Peon

Best Answers:
    DrZork101: You should care on position, not a PR. High PR is fine when you want to sell links ... if you need position and visitors, you should care on SERP more than PR updates ... sure you will need backlinks and so, and with more links will increase your PR, but there are many sites with PR4 with better position than pages with PR5-PR6 ...

goliathus, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  11. DrZork101

DrZork101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok cheers guys, Its good to know that i have the backlinks. However I will concentrate on certain keywords and search position.

DrZork101, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  12. essai4u

essai4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Dream ON Pal !!

Ok if Page ranks are not much important have you ever tried to get more than PR6. It is highly difficult.

If you have back link from a PR6 site then your site will rank at the top of the google result.

And the cost of a backlink from a PR6 blog is around $100 to $???

If they are demanding that much then there is somthing special about it.

I haven't said that PR will help you to get traffic. But having a high PR will increase you earning with less traffic.

If you are not gonna belive it then you will learn as your experience grows on. If you don't want to belive it then go and search for the Importance of Page Rank you will learn it.

Good luck...

essai4u, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  13. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh dear

Yes you did - look above

Can you explain how that works?

I suggest you have a read of this - http://www.clicks.ws/blog/2008/05/21/pagerank-revisited/

MattUK, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  14. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Are you serious, so you think to rank at the top of Google you only need to spend $100 on a page rank 6 link.

Firstly you would have to factor in what keywords the website is trying to rank for and secondly this wouldn't work in most cases. You need more than just one single pagerank 6 link to rank first in the search engines.

If this was the case then why would people spend $1000's on paying SEO experts to rank their websites first for certain keywords.

15. Tjcrazy

Tjcrazy Peon

Best Answers:
    When I go to new sites, I always look at their Alexa Pagerank, it helps me to see how good the site is doing and if it is worth visiting/

Tjcrazy, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  16. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you thinking of Alexa Traffic Rank - That's different from Google Pagerank

MattUK, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  17. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    Pr matters most to the injuns selling crap links on dp.

glenndorsey, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  18. essai4u

essai4u Peon

Best Answers:
    The number of Links you need to get well ranked on google is depend on the competion of the keyword that you compete.

If you are trying to get ranked on the top of the search engine result for the keyword "Dolls for 5 year old Baby" you don't need any back link from higly ranked site.

in the same way If you are trying to get ranked on the top of the search engine result for the keyword "Baby dolls" Do you think you can get ranked easily?

Here we need the help of the highly ranked Site.

Just search the number of backlinks of the site which is ranked first in the search result. and see weather they have back link from normal sites or High PR sites.

if they have Backlinks from low pr sites then buy some backlinks for your site in a high PR site for the anchor text "baby dolls".

That's what you need to get high rank. If you are not still get listed in the top ten then buy links until you get listed in the top ten.

This what I can say about the PR.

It's your choice to take it or leave it.

Any decision you make will not affect me.:)

If you have any chance to buy some SEO cources please read the PR section.:D

If you still think PR is a just a waste of stats, then leave it. fine...:)

essai4u, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  19. essai4u

essai4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Friend I think you haven't read the post fully...

I haven't said about increase in traffic with PR.

and you asked me to explain about the revenue so here it is....

First read my answer above this post about "how to get highly ranked in google"

To get a good rank in google you need to have back link from High pr rank site. So if you have high Pr site you can sell link spaces for as much as you want.

So even though your site don't have much traffic you have Page Rank.

got it? or need any further explanation?

essai4u, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  20. onlytopblog

onlytopblog Peon

Best Answers:
    not important for increasing traffic !

onlytopblog, Aug 29, 2008 IP