1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Gained Top Ten Rankings in Google and Made Over $100,000 in One Year

Discussion in 'Google' started by James Dean Nash, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    How I Gained Top Ten Rankings in Google and Made Over $100,000 in One Year....Sound like a sales pitch? Well let me tell you it is not! It is the honest to God truth. I was fed up with working the 9-5 making chump change. So I studied SEO, marketing etc. etc......and learned how to succeed online.

So I decided enough was enough!!!!!!!

I started out with a mere $40 to start a Yahoo Ecommerce Store back in May of 2006. But this was not my initial investment. I had to find wholesalers which took awhile to find legit wholesale dropshippers...Legit wholesalers you must have a business license or Tax id. Fake wholesalers do not require tax id.....

To find legit wholesalers you can either go to http://www.worldwidebrands.com or you can do this type of search in Google. "My niche" wholesaler tax id.

I went with http://www.worldwidebrands.com which I think the lifetime membership was about $100...I used them because they have a huge database of dropshippers....Dropshippers will ship your product right to your customer so you don't have to carry inventory... but before that I invested about $30 or so in getting a tax id and my business name recorded. Then I had to have a merchant account which was $30 a month to accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover. Also $5 a month for 800#. Plus I got an extra cell phone line to direct the 800# to my cell which was $10 a month.

So my initial investment was:
    $40 a month for yahoo store
    $100 for lifetime wholesale membership
    $30 a month for merchant account
    $5 a month for 800#
    $10 a month for extra cell phone.

So were talking $85 a month and $100 upfront for wholesalers. So now that I had everything all lined up and ready to go with my store I started building my website. This took me about 3 months at about 5-8 hours or so a day 5 days a week. So the money really wasn't the factor but time definitely was.

Once I had the store built around Aug of 2006 I started really marketing and working on my SEO....such as gaining backlinks and "Bum Marketing" - Bum marketing is techniques that you can use to get basically free promotion.

I started writing articles for "Article Marketing" the first 200 articles that I published I wrote myself. Which the first 200 articles took me around 6 months to write and publish. I published the articles to:
    http://www.ezinearticles.com
    http://www.articledashboard.com
    http://www.articlecube.com and lots of other places....this was before IMO Google started discounting most article directories and really tightening their duplicate content filters....

Now when I publish articles I usually only publish to Ezinearticles first and then "Spin" or "make unique" the articles that I publish at Ezinearticles.com so I can publish the spinned articles elsewhere.

Now after my first 200 articles that I wrote I started getting great rankings in the search engines and more traffic and then I could afford to actually hire a writer or two. Now finding a great writer is hard to find. You have to just have patience and really weed out the bad writers. You can find writers at http://getafreelancer.com http://www.rentacoder.com http://www.need-an-article.com

Once I hired writers I then eventually worked my way up to almost 600 articles published in Ezinearticles.com and elsewhere....and I became the top author in my niche in Ezinearticles.com.....What did this do for me...Well since other webmasters can take your content and publish it on their website this means that tons and tons of people have published my articles on their website which in turn gave me more backlinks, traffic and more sales.

Now article marketing is not the only thing I did though but it really gave me a big jump on the search engines. I ranked in the top ten for almost every major keyword in my niche....Now my niche is a very good one. Just one of my major keywords gets over 1500 searches a day in Google according to their traffic estimator https://adwords.google.com/select/TrafficEstimatorSandbox
    This is just a link to the tool my niche is not revealed sorry :(

Now what did this mean for me...Well top ten rankings meant more traffic, customers and a very life changing event. After just 4 months of being open I was doing 10K plus a month in sales. Why? Well because I had the knowledge about marketing, SEO and studied these marketing techniques and business methods for almost 3 years before I built the site.

Why did I wait so long to build the site? Because I wanted to be confident that If I was going to spend tons and tons of time and money investing in the site that I wanted to be successful....and indeed I was....

From Jan 07' to Nov 07' I did over 90K in sales and then eventually really started pulling my hair out running the business because it got soooo busy so I sold it here for 47K.....I'd say thats an ROI worth talking about...

Why did all of this happen to me? Because I took the time to learn SEO, marketing etc...and took the time to be patient and learn the business. I learned from others success and failures...

Why am I making this post? Because I know it is hard to find reliable, great, inspirational information from a legit source.

So if you want to learn SEO, article marketing, web 2.0 marketing and lots lots more then you can grab my free Ebook that has been a smashing success here and read it and visit my blog and learn from me....I am going to be doing lots and lots of stuff that will help you gain more backlinks and higher rankings in the search engines trust me! :) So go grab the book now for absolutely , 100% free no strings attached and keep up with my blog Because Ecommerce is definitely not all I do or that I have done...I also do Adsense, affiliate marketing, Ebay etc...anyway to make the $ I do it...and I am very successful at it...

James Dean Nash, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  2. motoxxx

motoxxx Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice to see someone just offering up an exact blueprint for others to follow. The sales pitch will usually come later but thats OK if you are offering up a bunch of info for free first. Works for Aaron Wall, Brad Fallon, Any Jenkins, Dan Theis etc.

Best of luck to you.

motoxxx, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    Emie. likes this.
  3. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    What I like about your story is that you demonstrate that success comes with learning the business, and lots of hard word. I see too many people here and elsewhere who say "explain me how make G #1". My answer to them is if you are too lazy to go find out for yourself and too lazy to at least try to write decent English, you are simply too lazy to succeed.

/*tom*/

longcall911, Jun 12, 2008 IP
    Emie. likes this.
  4. hbsjcd3

hbsjcd3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I applaud you for what you have been able to accomplish. I too got sick of the 9-5 drudgery and have taken the plunge and also am beginning to see some real good income.

Thanks for your ebook and link to the dropship directory. I myself have been looking at drop shipping to establish a store on Ebay. Up until now, I have been selling info products on Ebay but that has been curtailed.

I have 9 different revenue streams, but getting some SEO tips from your would be wonderful and improve on my revenue streams, since SEO is not my fortay.

regards,
    JC

hbsjcd3, Jun 12, 2008 IP
    Emie. likes this.
  5. dailywarez.net

dailywarez.net Peon

Best Answers:
    James strikes again! ...thanks for the information !!

dailywarez.net, Jun 12, 2008 IP
    Emie. likes this.
  6. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    You are very welcome!!! I know how hard it was just starting out you know...Read my story for a bit of inspiration that you can do it too!! Heck I really use to be homeless..I am not by any means claiming to make millions but I do make well over $100,000 a year and it keeps growing because once you know how to make money online you just keep repeating the process period!

James Dean Nash, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  7. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good story! Good lesson! I also use article marketing to make sales on the internet.

himanuzo, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  8. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks....Article marketing applied with multiple other forms of traffic generation and you will succeed online.....but it takes hard work, determination and of course the knowledge.

James Dean Nash, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  9. ShareNow.com

ShareNow.com Guest

Best Answers:
    thank you james. i am also trying to start the way you started. i work for an internet company and found a weird attraction to the web. so, since i'll be on the web, i figured might as well make some money at it. thanks agian!

ShareNow.com, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  10. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem everyone.....anything I can do to help just let me know...

James Dean Nash, Jun 15, 2008 IP
    GlowStormLion likes this.
  11. edesignerz

edesignerz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great article James!!!!! Thanks for the information

edesignerz, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  12. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A good success story to be followed by others. Again hard and smart work pays :)

dairyman, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  13. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep...exactly

James Dean Nash, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  14. Mr. Websites

Mr. Websites Active Member

Best Answers:
    Superb post; may you have continued success and prosperity! Reputation points added. :)

Mr. Websites, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  15. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot!! Very appreciated.... any way I can help contribute then I will....

James Dean Nash, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  16. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow sounds great!

mind showing me some proof?

If you do ill join your bandwagon :D

laterz
    malcolm

malcolm1, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  17. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    In the book I show lots of proof....plus me recently selling the website here at DP for 47K.....also in the book you'll see lots of screenshots of orders I received from this Ecommerce site....plus I show a screenshot of over 4K in sales in 10 days.....Seriously I have no reason to lie or be misleading just stating the facts...but I can understand why you would want to see proof..

James Dean Nash, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  18. killer2022

killer2022 Peon

Best Answers:
    I made 100k selling e-books to people on how they can sell e-books to other people and make 100k :)

killer2022, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  19. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah yes, I remember selling you my ebook about how to do that. Glad it worked out for you.

SmallPotatoes, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  20. Webbguru

Webbguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting, Very great story. My goal for the year is 100k also, I know it can be done.

Webbguru, Jun 19, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.