1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I got 3 Likes in 2 days and under 30 comments to become Established...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CarefulCash, Jul 4, 2013.

Okay - well I now have 3 likes from different people, and have officially become Established.

And since others seem to have had some frustration with getting likes I thought I would give some details that might help...

I was a member quite a while back and had posted about a dozen times, but dropped off. Then two days ago I wanted to get access to the marketplace, so I decided to see what it took to get Established ie 3 Likes from different people.

So what did it take?

I made less than 30 comments / posts (39 as of this writing, and about a dozen of those were old ones.)

These got likes from:

- a bad joke post - https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...having-a-holiday-today.2665607/#post-18635303

- a solid tip post - https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...out-your-online-skills.2664947/#post-18631508

- a funny SEO quote on a thread - https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/google-seo-myths-vs-facts-thread.2664495/#post-18632231

What didn't get likes?

Well most of the other things I did were to put solid tips on people's threads. Ah well.

So my advice for getting liked is:
    1. Be funny (or at least a human being with some personality / a story or two)
    2. Create threads (be prepared to stand out and take the lead)

Hope this helps some people here.

CarefulCash, Jul 4, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It certainly is a refreshing change to read a thread about how *easy* it is to receive likes, as opposed to the incessant threads about how supposedly hard it is to get them.
    Many members on here manage to get 4 or 5 likes with a single comment, it can be done.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 5, 2013 IP
    CarefulCash likes this.
  3. CarefulCash

CarefulCash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I put up a lot of comments thinking it would be easy. It didn't work for the first 24 hours.

The likes came on ideas I tried later, and so I hope my advice from experience can help others shortcut their 'Welcome to the Establishment' process.

CarefulCash, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  4. Trichstir

Trichstir Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a little strange that we have to prove ourselves after being a member all these years, but if it helps take out some of the marketplace scammers then it's OK. Anyway... i'll just be over here, not in the marketplace, sitting in the corner eating some worms.

Trichstir, Jul 6, 2013 IP
    CarefulCash likes this.
  5. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it is nice to see someone who is happy for getting three likes, but I think there is no need for this type of thread.. You get 3 likes in 2 days?? So?? Some noticable members can get 30 likes in 2 days, and they don't post threads about that.. I see that you are willing to help, but we all know this tips.. If you are a spammer, there is no tip that can help you, cause you are an idiot.. On the other side, if you are normal human being, you will get tone of likes.. ''3 like'' rule has been established in January, and it's been discussed hundread times previous months, so I think I speak in behalf of all: IT'S ENOUGH TALKING ABOUT THIS RULE..

VukasinI, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  6. CarefulCash

Best Answers:
    Actually what would be MOST useful is a single sticky thread for this topic - a place to collect all these bits because it's going to be an ongoing question/issue. Just as Trichstir up there.

This particular thread was written as a positive story from someone with no 'reputation' or history of being 'noticable' on here. It is targetted for newbies, not experienced, quality users like yourself Vukasini.

There was some advice I read on this forum that did NOT work for me. I'm just summarizing what seemed to work.

7. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A bit like this you mean where my cartoon birds only left out "humor" or "humour" (depending on whether go to the theater or theatre where you live) but gave some good hints on the how to's.

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  8. CarefulCash

Best Answers:
    Actually I think that was one of the threads that put me in the 'be humourous/humorous' mindset that worked.

9. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Well it's nice to know it worked then as I was bored with seeing posts asking how to get likes which prompted me to knock the cartoon up and make the post as it happens...

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  10. RedTrio

RedTrio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the useful info, Ive been looking for info like this, but most posts just go round and round with no real advice :)

RedTrio, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  11. CarefulCash

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the support RedTrio.

Leave your results on this thread as you go - or create your own :)

CarefulCash, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Truthfully, you don't even really need to try to get likes, you just have to be able to interact and converse. The system works really well because the people who are trying too hard to get likes tend to not get them. People who just interact and act natural get a ton.

digitalpoint, Jul 7, 2013 IP
    Howard Lim, VukasinI, ryan_uk and 2 others like this.
  13. CarefulCash

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I was being a bit anal about this process :)

So, I looked at the message count v likes ratio - eg with yours you have 21 message for each like.

I tried to copy those who had the lowest ratios which was about 10/1 - and I achieved my goal ie <30 messages to get 3 Likes.

"Act natural" - I totally agree. This IS my natural.

CarefulCash, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  14. jeffrisk

jeffrisk Member

Best Answers:
    What i m not getting here is i m a member since 2009, and as i have read the instruction to post something which help others or interact with people by Shawn in some other thread and also he mentioned that you must have over 48 hours active account, my question is here that i m a member since 2009 and the other person who is also member since ages then why i cant see the like button in his/her post. For example in this very thread i cant the like button in anyone's post, please let me know what i m missing here?

jeffrisk, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  15. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter how long you've been here, if you don't have 3 likes of your own then you can't *like* anyone elses posts.
    read this:https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...ers-answer-of-your-why-where-and-how.2637220/
    its all explained there.

malky66, Jul 8, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  16. CarefulCash

Best Answers:
    You don't get to see the Like option next to the Reply option until you have yourself gotten 3 Likes.

It's a quality control measure.

I hope this all can be turned into a Sticky post

CarefulCash, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  17. jeffrisk

jeffrisk Member

Best Answers:
    ohh, now i get the point, you mean to say that you can clearly see the like button when i post something because you have more than 3 likes of your own, right?

jeffrisk, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  18. CarefulCash

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

Where you see "Reply" under a message - I see "Like Reply"

CarefulCash, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  19. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Reading Rules especially 'establishment' section and Sticky links from malky are more than enough for any member.
    If you would like to make your page being 'sticky', at least give link to useful threads and rules which discuss about 'likes'.
    Please follow link from malky above and all your questions would be clearly answered. Any returning member should read about it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jul 8, 2013 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  20. jeffrisk

jeffrisk Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Carefulcash and Arick, i m all clear now

jeffrisk, Jul 8, 2013 IP