1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Off Page Strategy Should I follow?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by manoj.kapoor, May 2, 2013.

Hello Guys,

Hope you doing great!

My website ranking is dropping like crazy every month even after doing quality off page activities on it. I've not received any warning message from Google for creating unnatural or un-authority or low quality links.

2 months back I've 14 keywords on first page, last month it went down to 8 and this month I've only 6....whats happening with my rankings i am not sure..

I am doing following activities on my website..
    Directory submission (with anchor text variation)
    Social bookmarks (with anchor text variation)
    Article submission (only on few high PR sites with anchor variations)
    Blog Promotion
    Press Release submission
    Social Media pages promotion
    Video Promotion
    Guest Posting (2 monthly)

Can you help me out why my rankings are dropping back or what should I do to regain my rankings?

manoj.kapoor, May 2, 2013 IP
  2. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you shouldn't do the same strategy. Other user will give you the answer. As for me, I only think create good content and leave it as is. It works fine for me.
    Useful content and proper on page seo could be the answer for better ranking.

Arick unirow, May 2, 2013 IP
  3. Jen 101

Jen 101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Though you've said you haven't gotten any warnings, perhaps some of your directory submissions and article directory submissions are hurting you. When you submit to directories be sure that they are relevant to your industry, if they aren't industry or high quality try to get your link out of there.

Jen 101, May 2, 2013 IP
  4. esther.paul

esther.paul Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never try anything just to increase links... Build link in a proper way... As Jen said always link to site which is relevant to your site.

Content is King so thats what you have to do... Quality content and on page SEO and smart link building will help you get your site back on track.

Cheers,
    Esha

esther.paul, May 2, 2013 IP
  5. eDailylife

eDailylife Member

Best Answers:
    Just post interesting and useful post at Digitalpoint

eDailylife, May 2, 2013 IP
  6. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by interesting? I am not here to post entertaining things.....if you need something interesting then watch Cartoon Channel...

manoj.kapoor, May 3, 2013 IP
  7. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Jen,

Thanks for you answer..but as you know none of the web directories are them based, they contains lots of categories..so how could i know which is relevant to my business...even article directories like ezinearticles also have different categories..not based on a specific theme..

manoj.kapoor, May 3, 2013 IP
  8. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:

azharSEO, May 3, 2013 IP
  9. ushahm

ushahm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think you need to change your website content. and also do directory submission with highpageranksites,give a comment on govt or edu sites.it really works.

ushahm, May 3, 2013 IP
  10. eDailylife

eDailylife Member

Best Answers:
    Who told you interesting means entertainment...cartoon channel...every subject in this forum are interesting...if you don't find interest in your work, then how it is possible to continue you work... So, think carefully before reply any comments...

eDailylife, May 3, 2013 IP
  11. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    @OP (Manoj.kapoor): For someone whom already doing submission in various directory and articles submission, you must already know about SEO.

I'm not that good in SEO but I have written few posts about it in DP. Would like to paste it here but I believe you may want to look on that thread by yourself. I believe it may useful for you.
    Go here My Keywords are not ranking
    and Losing Rank in Google
    There are another threads as well but I couldn't remember it.:)

@eDailylife
    Apology to jump into conversation. I believe OP was thinking you might give inappropriate suggestion. Your first comment in this thread was quite hard to understand.

I believe OP was asking on how to safe his site from being drowned and slapped. He has done various methods to safe it but it seems everything were not working for him. That's why he ask for solution in this thread.
    Your first comment may sound 'to force' someone to write useful thread or post. OP think the thread already useful and your comment sound inappropriate for his thread.
    But then I thought you may want to help OP by suggesting him to write good post in the site. Or else write good post in DP and make him able to have signature. The signature will be helpful to increase the rank and safe the site. Well, that is what I thought at the moment.
    Just remember, We all brother. That is why the forum exist.

I respect all members and I believe all member deserve to get respect.
    Last, Let's focus on the topic again. SEO is easy to imagine but have many mysteries. The more time we observe, the more time I think we need to learn about it.

Arick.

Arick unirow, May 3, 2013 IP
  12. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As you said here:
    It may be the reason behind your low ranking and also un natural things hurt the rank, its reputation and also traffic..So, i would like to suggest you not to do these un natural things..And you are in the line of those who are waiting to get penalize soon for their black hat or un natural ranking techniques..

afoley77, May 4, 2013 IP
  13. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Arick,

Yes really my reason behind asking this was to know how to keep my site safe and regain the previous ranking.. I really don't know how to make it entertaining ..as @eDailylife said make it entertaining...don't you think bro it is useful to get the strategy that can help you to regain the ranking... I am not here to quarrel with anyone and if anyone don't want to answer then please do not reply...but do not use hard words like post entertaing or useful...Everyone has different way of thinking and working so anything that could be worthless for you could be useful for someone else...everyone has right to ask their queries here..

what I am posting is useful for me but @eDailylife if that is not useful for you then please do not reply..I am not forcing you to put reply...so enjoy with what is useful and entertaining for you..

Last edited: May 6, 2013
    manoj.kapoor, May 6, 2013 IP
  14. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How could you say that I am not interested in my work? If I am asking query here that mean I want to resolve my problem..

just read your comment..post entertaining and useful...don't you think you have used hard words..can you really help me how to make it entertaining so that i can make my other posts entertaining.

manoj.kapoor, May 6, 2013 IP
  15. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi in my opinion blogging and Guest posting both are best for promotion...

SASA Techno, May 6, 2013 IP
  16. great_friend

great_friend Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just increase the guest posting 10 monthly and leave other activities and also do some on page changes.

great_friend, May 6, 2013 IP
  17. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    You may not going to believe for what I'm going to say. All of your methods described below are not useful in long term.
    It only useful if you already have 'good website'. To have good website, make sure to have good article.

Always focus on the topic.
    1. If it is about 'helm', write first article 'about helm' which has the best content.
    2. Later on, create 'about helm 2, 3, etc' which point to 'about helm'.
    3. Always make sure 'about helm' has better content than the rest.
    4. It is important to choose the right category/label. Choosing 'helm' as the category or label will help.
    5. Other irrelevant post should not link to those post and must be categorized outside 'helm'.
    6. That way the category 'helm' and 'about helm' will gain the rank.
    Your eight steps above will help you after you did six step above. Always avoid:
    1. Link building. It is better to Receive link and not get / buy links.
    2. Excessive submission. Only do submission to selective directories or services. Doing so will make it easy for SE to categorize your site and gain trust.
    Another users in DP available in my Profile at 'left widget' under "Following" (I follow them) may have better experiences and skills in SEO. Have them as friend sound like good idea. I have conversation with 'Revelation-Decoders' and he know lots of facts about SEO.:)
    Me? I know nothing.:D

hope it clear your questions and help you bring back your site to first page on more keywords.

ARICK.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
    Arick unirow, May 6, 2013 IP
  18. prt81

prt81 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    off-page activities play important role in improving search engine ranking for a particular keywords. There are various activities that you can do to optimize your website including-
    -search engine submission
    -directory
    -article marketing(high Pr article directory)
    -press release
    -social bookmarking
    -blog creating, posting & commenting
    -make a strong profile in social networking site
    -classifieds
    -forums
    -video & ppt submission

prt81, May 6, 2013 IP
  19. eDailylife

eDailylife Member

Best Answers:
    Forum posting is another important part of off page seo. Digitalpoint is also a Forum. Thats why I told you " just post interesting & useful post at digitalpoint"

eDailylife, May 6, 2013 IP
  20. jamesboss

jamesboss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    daily i do the following task for off page optimization is..
    directory submissions (50)
    Article posting (4)
    social bookmarking and voting 20
    Blog comments (15)
    Forum posting and forum profile creation (10 )

jamesboss, May 6, 2013 IP