1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Keywords are not ranking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rrrum, May 2, 2013.

Hello Friends,

I have one website which had almost high search keywords and they were ranking good in google. After the panda update nearly about 6 months back, the keywords were no where found in google.

Now, again I have started optimizing the site, but I am not able to get an idea how to proceed and what methods do I need to implement to bring back the keywords back on google search..

Please help...it's urgent

rrrum, May 2, 2013 IP
  2. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi rrrum,
    I suggest you create backlinks using various link building methods so that you will have a wide variety of links pointing back to your site/page. Pay particular attention to social media sites as they can give you good backlinks as well as traffic to your site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, May 2, 2013 IP
  3. rrrum

rrrum Greenhorn

Best Answers:

How much days it will take to get back my rankings??? Also do I need to follow other methodology... if yes, please suggest

rrrum, May 2, 2013 IP
  4. simrankim

simrankim Member

Best Answers:
    I think, social media sites help a lot to increase the back links of a site. Back links coming from high PR sites also help a lot in increasing the site rank.

simrankim, May 2, 2013 IP
  5. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hi rrrum, Welcome to forum.

Google always updating their SE. Your site and others may affected by their change in logarithm. Don't panic. Google Panda, Penguin or whatever hits your site, you have to understand the basic and simple thing. Find out what make your site drowned and disappear from SERP.

To help your site ranked well in the same keyword, I (and maybe other members) need to know your site and what you have done. You don't need to tell us about your URL/domain (we already understand about privacy and security concern). Just tell us what niche it is? automotive? insurance? game? blogging? or whatever it is.

It will help if you told us on what you have done in the past? Understanding what make your site gone from SE is the first step to bring it back. I encourage you to find the cause and then move on to improve your site. I believe solving the problem is better than leave it as is. Sometimes, people optimize the site and didn't realize it make the site even goes deeper in the blackhole/Sandbox.

I have seen another member probably has the same problem with you. You may want to look at this thread. Losing Rank in Google.

Last, don't say urgent. You may want to say "Any help would be appreciated".
    We already understand every problem is urgent. :)

ARICK.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
    Arick unirow, May 2, 2013 IP
  6. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry rrrum, I don't have an answer to that, nor do anyone here. No one can say for sure when you can regain you rank. For one thing, those backlinks you build need to be indexed before they are counted for your site. As I mentioned in my previous response, it's best to use other link building methods. If possible, do all of them so you get varied and divers backlinks.

Hope that helps. Have a god day!

affilorama, May 2, 2013 IP
  7. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are saying that "the website is been hit by panda update" if it so, there is issue with your content (duplicate, think or user generated one). so concentrate more on quality and unique content. And also edit the posts which were duplicate contents., and again send a reconsideration request to Google.

and also follow the steps mentioned by the arick unirow

sameer_max, May 3, 2013 IP
  8. rrrum

rrrum Greenhorn

Best Answers:

1. Thanks Arick for your suggestions. Is there any particular tool to find out why my site drowned and disappear from SERP. If it's there.. plz let me know or else tell me any other method which I can find out such...

2. My website is into tax filing.

3. I have some low quality links as well as irrelevant links, which I have submitted to google using Disavow Links.

Now My concern is after doing this, how do I need to proceed..

Your help will be appreciated..........:)

rrrum, May 3, 2013 IP
  9. henrychen876

henrychen876 Member

Best Answers:
    rrrum,

If you already report and submit low quality links to Google, then I guess you already know how to gather those links.

Maybe you want to check your internal linking structure also. If you are not doing proper onpage in the past, you might want to start to do it now.

I once read somewhere that if you got a very aged site, and do not have proper internal linking structure, you can start to linking your post one by one, or you can use a plugin to help you with this if you are using WP.

If you think you got too many posts, you can try to build more posts and link them altogether. Just my 2cents.

henrychen876, May 3, 2013 IP
  10. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hi rrrum.
    I didn't use special software to find out whether the site was drowned or hated by SE. Using software to check for it only produce bogus result. They may provide report on backlinks or other comparison On-Page optimization between sites. Software may help but believe manual method work better.
    To check the site, just enter the url of your site and see what is the result. If your site in the first position, it didn't had severe problem, maybe just got 'slapped' by SE.
    Do the same thing for every pages which always win the competition for some keyword.
    By doing manual check, you will understand what kind of 'next post' which will improve your rank.

Nice website. A niche that will give more revenue... :)
    It also has some 'good' competition.

These tips may working for you.
    1. If it possible, Don't delete link in Google. Using it will only make Google didn't rank your site higher. Disavow link was available and usable only if your site has private and important information which need to be deleted such as credit cards number, etc.
    2. Irrelevant and low quality links should be improved, not being deleted (if it possible). For some website, a useful post was linked to low quality links (such as label,tag,category,etc.) and sadly, SE think the post isn't unique enough (less than 50% unique) while the 'low quality links' were labelled as >70% unique. Those make SE think 'low quality links' deserve to be showed and ranked higher for specified keyword (due to uniqeness).
    3. The problem is, you were deleting it, so SE wouldn't show your site. But don't worry, they will realize the links was changed or deleted three or six months later.
    4. The best scenario would be to improve the 'low quality link'. If it was tag or category, why don't you implement 'description' on it. Adding more element exclusively will help. If it was really hard to do, there is another alternative. Give the attribute 'NoIndex' for those low quality and irrelevant links. It is better than deleting links via disavow links in webmaster tools.
    5. Deep linking will help to make SE understand the structure of your site and categorize it in correct category. Download the title of your posts (along with it category, label, tag,custom taxonomy, whatever it uses), write it in notepad and make arrangement on what post should linked to another post and what tag or category should being used. Did the same with category, tag, custom taxonomy,etc.
    Last, I'm not an expert in SEO. People who comment in this thread may have better skills than me. Listening on their comment may help you solve the problem. I know few peoples who is better than me. You may want to open my profile and see the right tab. There is a 'widget' named as 'Following' (which mean, I follow them) and 'Follower'. You may want to join in their thread or familiar with them. Doing that will make you love DP and get many friends along with more knowledge on how to improve the ranks.
    Arick.

Arick unirow, May 3, 2013 IP
  11. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It may be due to the use of high competitive keywords..So make sure that you are using low competitive keywords with high local or global searches..

afoley77, May 3, 2013 IP
  12. pahal

pahal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you sure that your on page is okay?

pahal, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  13. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nowadays quality content is very high demand and Social media level so make sure create a content is relevant and added a high PR or article website and after approval marketing in Social media so that the better way to increasing a traffic and as well as keyword ranking in search engine.

SASA Techno, Aug 2, 2013 IP