1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I lost my rank in google help needed

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sachin12, Apr 30, 2013.

I am running tech blog and now i seen i lost #1 spot to #5 or #6 or #10 in google from this April please tell me how to recover from it.

sachin12, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  2. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey sachin12,
    make sure that you are using low or medium competitive keywords for your blog with high local or global searches..This may be the reason of your lower ranking...

afoley77, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  3. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your rank is decreasing day by day, so what I would say that do some trust link building, authority link building, it would help of course.

SERPpoint, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  4. sachin12

sachin12 Member

Best Answers:
    No keywords low competitive not day by day i lost rank.

sachin12, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  5. Lara Kundar

Lara Kundar Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to increase your back links as much as you can. Submit articles and use tools to increase your traffic PPC etc., to maintain your ranking and position on Google.

Hope this will help you. Also you can see my site which is on top rank from last 6 months by utilizing the above tricks: www.DesignWebDubai.com

Lara Kundar, May 1, 2013 IP
  6. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check your Blog Content that it is not thin or no other person copies your blog content.
    Do some link building and share blog post URLs on Social media sites.

rankwatch.com, May 1, 2013 IP
  7. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are couple of reasons for it:
    1. check for content - duplicate content or thin content or user generated content or the content which is not useful to a user
    2. Backlinks - there might be chance that your competitors are acquiring quality links.,
    3. Updating blog - are you updating your blog frequently or not?

hope this gives you some insights of why your rankings are down.

sameer_max, May 1, 2013 IP
  8. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If your site in lower position for few (several) keywords, SE might think your site has lower value than before. Here are few things to check:
    1. Check for any post and content on your site which may interfere each other. It is very important. As an example, you have a posting about "how to select best hardware" and "selecting best hardware". One post should link to another and not compete each other as the content probably the same. Same articles which compete each other would only make SE dizzy. Google may rank higher the new article and drop the old article. The problem is, old article seems get more support/links than new articles. The worst case, both articles devalued due to same content (even not copy paste/some SE think it as spamming with same content over and over again).
    2. Make new articles to support already created posts. It will strengthen the domain and previous posts. It take times but the rank will increase if there is no 'interfere' between articles. Checking how fast the SE crawl your site after new post being created can give you the idea how to improve the site.
    3. Other site may increase their On-Site SEO or acquire new backlink but it sound that wasn't the real answer if many of your keywords were fall in lower position. Instead checking the competitor backlink, you may wish to check your backlink. Maybe the links were devalued because some violations. Just remember, link from bad sites may not help our site. We may happy to get link from high authority site, but they wouldn't help if the site turn into bad sites in future.
    4. Did you change something in server or your site (theme/content)? While nobody explained about it, I think it is essential. SE will rank you higher if your site is faster than your competitor. If you touch unnecessary setting in your server such as Mod_Deflate or turn off compression to save CPU Power, it can be a bad idea as the size of your site would increase (high time to load).
      If you change the theme, make sure it is as fast as before. Or, you may wish to use the light theme.
    5. Always check for your Database. I assume you were using CMS for your site. SQL database for a site will increase every time the site publish new articles. Check for corrupt database whenever it exist and repair it ASAP.
    6. Did you add new content to the site? Always analyze your newly added content. The answer for your question may relies on it. If you add images, consider to use CDN (not necessary but recommended). For sound and Video, just embed it.
    7. Did you use Cache for your site? it is good to use Mod_Expire or Cache Header to tell the SE if the content has changed. Expired content has lower value. I believe you already know if an article may expired. Especially if anyone posting the same article (not copy paste) with more information. It is best to spend the days by updating the articles and cache it. Don't forget to use Mod_expire or cache header (maybe automatically used by the cache).
    8. Get more link for your articles but do the right way. I didn't recommend article directory (it help but not that much in long term) or the same sites. Join the conversation with another author in the same niche will be better than posting in article directory. Few of them may links to your articles and prepare for higher position in SE. What you need? only articles with attractive content. I believe you already create few of them. What you forget to do is create good relationship with the author from different sites. I do own (maybe) tech blog. I forget to manage it but last time I check it, the position still the same. Google for "Optimal Best Hardware" and you'll know what I mean. It is simple blog with few articles. Just remember, the position may change in future. I have no doubt about it.
    9. If you were using a shared hosting, there could be some errors while accessing your site due to limited resources. Memory,CPU and Database limitation are common things in shared hosting. I remember few years ago I'm starting from free blogspot blog and then migrate to self hosting (shared hosting) along with TLD. Few motnhs later moving to Business class hosting and then end up using managed server. Better hosting give more value. It may not the problem so don't worry for using shared hosting. whatever hosting you use, make sure it work fine. You may wish to open the Control Panel of your hosting and check the error log. I often do it while login to cPanel. Fix any errors whenever it exist.
    10. Check the webmaster tools (Provided by big G) or other webmaster area (bing, etc). Check for the errors page and monitor the index stats. It will give you good idea to improve the site. WHile you were in webmaster tools, pay attention to Optimization => HTML Improvements.
    11. Create good thread in DP with title "do you still reading tech blog? is it helpful or harmful?". Don't forget to give 'grin' emoticon. "How to access DP easily from mobile gadget" could be a good title. :D. If you have skills to create mobile apps, maybe you want to create a special mobile application for DP. You'll never know what will happen but I though many user will love you more.:cool:
      You'll acquire backlinks easily by doing this.:)
      (I didn't recommend people get backlink but encourage them to write good articles to receive backlink. Backlink and visitor will flow naturally. Don't even think about links from other sites. There would be another person whom thinking your site is awesome and link to your site.)
    Well, I need to stop writing as few tips above already make me tired. :) Sometimes I ask myself "why it is easy to write in DP rather than creating article for your blog?" Hmm, I don't know why but I write whenever I want and when I like to write. Maybe I just too lazy to write in my blog.:D
    (Few points above were written from my personal experiences)

I agree with you, checking low or medium competitive keyword with local and global SE will give the answer. Maybe it is in the same position in global SE but lower position in local.

Agreed, copied content will cause lower ranking IF SE (Google, yahoo,Bing, etc) didn't know the truth.

Three useful tips. Rankwatch said the same things. The third tips is good to attract SE and increase domain/articles authority.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
    Arick unirow, May 1, 2013 IP
    yasashii likes this.
  9. sachin12

sachin12 Member

Best Answers:
    hey guys please tell me how to find Spam links how i can filter spam links and good links today i check and found so many links those not created by me what i can do now.

sachin12, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  10. caley martin

caley martin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to check backlinks of your site and try to remove the irrelevant backlinks by the help of google disavow tool. And start making new backlinks in high PR sites

caley martin, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  11. sachin12

sachin12 Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tip and please yu can give me some latest on-page seo after penguin 2.0 update.

sachin12, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  12. naruponk

naruponk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Build a link from high PR site will help you :)

naruponk, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  13. efranda

efranda Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your competitors did seo more better than you. Your serp kick out from the rank.

efranda, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  14. panhwerwaseem

panhwerwaseem Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear all this same problem happen with me i have 2000 daily visitors but after 20th may i got suddenly downfall in my website visitors, my current website visitors are 1200 please tell me how i can recover it.
    I am also doing daily 4 unique content post please help me out from this issue :(

panhwerwaseem, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  15. passcrk2005

passcrk2005 Member

Best Answers:
    disavow bad links and start a decent link building dofolow and nofollow links. Also you need to be careful when you use the anchor texts. The targeted keyword must not be more than 15% from the total number of links.
    Also use the links in blog posts

passcrk2005, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  16. K9_Support

K9_Support Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how can you locate bad links? how do you know if the link that is linking to you is a bad link?

K9_Support, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  17. localhost8080

localhost8080 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

this is the $64000 question.
    the advice from google is to check each link manually and see if the link is on a spammy page or not, then disavow it if it is.

localhost8080, Jun 7, 2013 IP