1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo! Ban???

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Adamlert, Jun 26, 2005.

Does anyone have any idea how to 'fix' a ban on Yahoo? My site went from #1 for two years to being completely gone. My main page is in their index, but no sub pages (used to be about 50) are showing. I get spidered daily but it doesn't seem to matter. I also got rejected from Yahoo Search Submit Express, even though several of their resellers agreed that my site is OK to be listed. The best I could get out of Yahoo is that there must be some outstanding 'issue' against my site which is causing it to fail, but they won't give me any more info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Adamlert, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Umm what's the site?

exam, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  3. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you have co-op links pointing to the site? My site was banned as well, and can be described as an almost identical situation to yours.

(3 year old site, in the index and crawled daily, just approved 3 days ago for the Directory, was #1 on 250+ keywords and now not in top 10,000 on any of them, many of my subpages still show under the site: command but it is dropping daily.)

The only thing I haven't tried was applying to Search Submit Express since there is no way I'm going to pay them every time my listing is clicked. If I wanted to do that, I'd advertise on Overture.

I had thousands of good quality links before, but when I pointed 200,000 co-op weight to the site it was eventually banned. I've emailed Yahoo but haven't heard anything yet.

SEOGuru, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  4. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt you were banned unless you did something you're not telling us (which I doubt). The search engines want as many sites/pages as they can in their indices for better search results and (morelikely) bragging rights of index size (always trying to catch Google). Apparently Yahoo made a big change to their index within the last week. Sounds like your sites may have gotten lost in the shuffle. Hopefully it shakes itself out soon and you regain your rankings.

stymiee, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  5. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of people in this forum that would disagree with you :) You also might want to take a look at this ranking experiment.

exam, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  6. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, in reading their search help pages, you can actually be in their INDEX and still be banned from their results if they feel you have violated their Guidelines. I also get the impression that the Directory listings are a completely different division and they really don't care if you were approved or not.

When I don't ranked under a search for my domain, I find it hard to believe it is anything but a ban. I'm not talking about not ranking on the first page. I'm unlisted.
    But my link count continues to increase. Funny how on their search help section they tell you to check your links by typing in

link:http://www.yourdomain.com

yet they never mention linkdomain:www.yourdomain.com

A few weeks ago the numbers were nearly identical. But now the link: command keeps going up (up to 1.5 million links) but the linkdomain: command keeps dropping (down to 800k)

Have no idea what this means but it doesn't seem like a simple glitch. Especially when people have emailed them and have heard back that there is an "issue" with their site. Granted, they don't tell you what the issue is but it DOES confirm that they found something and took action against it.

SEOGuru, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  7. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i wish someone figured out a way to get around this problem. there are a lot of us that this has happenned to.

It has been a while and it is drastically hurting sales. :-(

Juls, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  8. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On my site the Yahoo-bot isn't crawling anymore. Before it was crawled several times a day, which I think was a bit to much.

The question is, what causes their crawler to stop? Could it be a hack too?
    I think when the crawler starts working again we're up and going well again.
    Unfortunately it has hit thouseands of quality sites.

Arnie, Jun 26, 2005 IP