1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Google acquired Writely ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by BNix, Apr 11, 2006.

Writely is the 8 months old site , that's works like Microsoft Words Online
    Google Acquired them last March.
    I have no idea for letting Writely developers (3 People) use their server , resource , hard drive and free lunch at googleplex (Sounds Great ;) )
    For Writely Site , Visit www.writely.com

BNix, Apr 11, 2006 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  2. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is looking to expand into Microsoft Office territory, while Microsoft is looking to expand into Google search territory. Why? Both markets are extremely profitable and fast growing. They each dominate one of these markets currently, and want to dominate both of them.

Sharpseo, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  3. roadies

roadies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A couple of ideas:

1) Google is also looking to differentiate their product offerings. 99% of their earnings come from search related products. If a competitor were to come and beat google at their own game (no way you say? Everyone thought Netscape and AltaVista were untouchable a few years ago), Google will have other branded products to keep their user base. And that brings up my second point:

2) Brand Loyalty. If you use google to search, check your email, check your webstats, write your blog, earn your money, read your news, check your weather, get directions, write a document, shop, check a companies financials, etc etc, then it will be all the harder to move all your habits to a competing service and Google will be your second home.

roadies, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  4. nuttymarketer

nuttymarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    You see Google is trying to be everything on Internet. I am not very much convince with Google strategy. Nobody has been everything to world at a time. It is a sure way to fail.

Internet should not be seen just merely Communication and information tool. It is a real life for a hell lot of people and nobdy in their mindset can server them in all ways. They will buy their Books on Amazon. They may search at Google and Buy through Yahoo and MSN( Research DataProve that MSN and Yahoo searches brings more productive result per user). They may not buy drugs Amazon.Because it is perceived as Bookstore.

Just the way I would not like to buy my TV from IBM or HP. A wise truth is "Perception is reality."

I am an avid user and worshiper of Google. But I keep my eye open. The fact is Google has been successful only in its Search feature. All other stuff like Froogle, Google Talk, Gmail etc has shown dismal show. Although Gmail has change the way the world see the email But as its own it has not done great because people do not like chaning their browsing behaviour and email address. I would not like to talk to my friend on Google talk and leave behind Yahoo buddies, even if someone provide a bunch in talk over same software like Trillion.

So it is the user behaviour as in real life more important in Internet arena also. We can not just go and use it as Technical Stuff. It is real life for me and for my 15 months old Toddle.

nuttymarketer, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  5. BNix

BNix Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone !
    I think Google just released Google Realestate and Google Automobile Beta
    But They're another better than writely , thinkfree , ajaxwrite (open source)
    It's might be Google Office , Google Rar , Google Zip lol The world is Google
    Page , Brin You're rich enough

BNix, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  6. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    Google's raison d'etre is to index the world's data. Put your written documents online through Writely and it would be very easy for Google to make them searchable.

Plus it keeps it out of the hands of the opposition.

stephenmunday, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  7. vlead

vlead Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with roadies... if you use a particular company for most of your online activities then it becomes very difficult to another company with fewer services to compete with that company.

vlead, Apr 12, 2006 IP
  8. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    While I agree with your statement, I'd also like to add that using one company for most of your online activities is very risky. Speaking from a business standpoint anyway....

wibr, Apr 12, 2006 IP
  9. anjanesh

anjanesh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In some yrs from now, would kids start having Google Classes ? or would they come up with Google Goggles ?

anjanesh, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  10. pkchukiss

pkchukiss Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that there will come a point in time where Google will venture into brick and mortar manufacturing, but only after it has established a substantial brand recognition in the world such that most people would still welcome them into the offline world.

And to Google conspiracy theorists, I am afraid you guys might be right. Google is here to take over the world!

pkchukiss, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  11. BNix

BNix Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid of google now , When we transfer money via google ,

Like some stories something like this
    "When Google purchased Bank Of America and rename it to Bank of Google.
    Citizens is now called Googlers"

BNix, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  12. hmc

hmc Peon

Best Answers:
    just readed.
    "google opens a calendar feature."

I hope next will be online notes:)

I guess that google wants to build "Online Google Office".

hmc, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  13. roadies

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Heh, didn't even notice til now that you were referring to my joke on this thread. :D :D

roadies, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  14. BNix

BNix Peon

Best Answers:
    BNix, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  15. roadies

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    no worries. I didn't notice until later either. :D

roadies, Apr 17, 2006 IP