1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug This Domain Is Already Listed Over Here. You Can Use The Bump/relist Option On That Listing.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by WSWD, Feb 16, 2013.

Hi all,

Been around for a while, and do a little bit of advertising in the marketplace from time-to-time. How often can you post advertisement threads in the marketplace? I usually wait at least a week or more, and couldn't find anything specific.

This week, I posted one prior to Valentine's Day, and I attempted to post another for the President's Day Weekend here in the states (they are completely different offers...I'm not trying to spam the same crap over and over), and I get the following error:
    "This domain is already listed over here. You can use the Bump/Relist option on that listing."

I'm not trying to sell a domain...the posts simply asked me for the domain of my hosting company (which has been verified). The error almost sounds as though I am selling a domain, and instead of re-listing that domain for sale, it wants me to bump/relist the existing ad.

I know the Duplicate Listing rule...trust me...I abide by the rules here, but this is not a duplicate listing. I don't really want to bump a Valentine's Day ad for President's Day either. :cool:

Is this how the system is supposed to work, or is there a bug somewhere, or perhaps an unlisted time limit that must exist between posts in the marketplace?

Thanks in advance. I know I've said it in a few other feedback threads, but I love Xenforo and REALLY glad you made the switch here. Now if I could just make this darned marketplace post... :D :D

WSWD, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can edit it when you bump/relist it.

digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  3. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the quick reply Shawn!

I know you can do that, but since you can only bump/relist once every 30 days, does that mean you can only post a new ad in the marketplace every 30 days?

WSWD, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I assume we are talking about hosting... yes. A hosting company can have one listing. They can edit/bump/relist it, but they can only have one.

digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

You might already know, but in case not - Premium Membership allows a bump every 7 days:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/help/premium

(Just mentioning in case you need it more often and wondering if it's possible.)

ryan_uk, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  6. oc-scott

oc-scott Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bumping my thread didn't relist it to the top.

oc-scott, Jul 25, 2017 IP