1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Testing Waters - 3.5 Year old Automotive Site

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Spendlessly, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    In regards to the section that is not included. It consists of 4 videos. It has received 443 pageviews this month so far... not exactly the meat and potatoes of the site, more a hosting favor for a close personal friend.

Here is the other revenue from this month.

[​IMG]

As you can see from to screen shots I posted, this has been my busiest month (in terms of unique visitors) ever. Revenue has followed suit. It wasn't until about 7 or 8 months ago that I began actively trying to rank in the search engines. It wasn't that I didn't want to rank, I just didn't know how. I found WMW and DP and began to apply my knowledge, and I've had ups and downs... but more ups.

I had the revenue on a steady climb until Jagger. The site took a big hit in the SERPS, and I saw a lot of URL only action. Luckily, Google Images picked up the slack - and then some. I've been watching the Big Daddy servers, and as of current (crossing fingers) all of the content pages are back in the SERPS and ranking as they were before - but I take the Big Daddy results with a grain of salt, as it's all speculation as to weather or not filters/etc have been applied. Although it would be nice to have substantial traffic coming from Google content search as well as Google images. After Jagger, I implimented a site wide 301 redirect in hopes that my www/non-www issues would be resolved in time.

Here is an image of what my referral/direct visitor statistics looked like back in September of 2005. I believe Jagger hit me on the 22nd of Sept.

[​IMG]

Here is an image of what my referral/direct visitor statistics look like for the current month up to the time of this post.

[​IMG]

In regards to the backlinks. I wish I knew what Googles definition of a backlink was... and if they are showing them all to us. If a backlink is a link from the "main page" of a site - it is very possible that there could be as little as 13. I haven't made much of an effort to exchange links.

And for the money shot - my earnings since I started with AdSense back in September of 2004. I just recently started with Yahoo at the end of October, and I gave Chitika a test run but wasn't pleased and have since removed it.

[​IMG]

There you have it - I'm naked (received PM offering $5,000 shortly ago)SEMrush

Spendlessly, Jan 28, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not really interesting in this either so is my opinion objective? I don't think this site is anywhere near $12.5k value. Maybe 6-8k but a $4k offer isn't that bad either. It's an initial offer and obviously in a auction it can go higher. A site is only worth what someone will pay. I wouldn't pay $12k for this. Someone might but not me. If he had a buy it now of $5k...I would take it asap...7k buy it now..someone else might. I think you can get 6k or more on this so goodluck.

RectangleMan, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  3. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    Current best offer stands at $5,250.

Spendlessly, Jan 29, 2006 IP
  4. MountainLife

MountainLife Active Member

Best Answers:
    with avg revenue of 200-300/month i'm really doubting those offers

MountainLife, Jan 29, 2006 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes... me too ;)

Sem-Advance, Jan 29, 2006 IP
  6. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    You are entitled to your doubts. In the mean time, I have received more than one $5,000 offer - and as it currently stands - $5,250 as the best offer.

I will be consulting a local broker on Monday, and see if I get any offers from that angle - if not... I will make up my mind by the following weekend as to weather I should hang on to it or sell.

I appreciate your offers and feedback folks. Thanks to those who have PM'ed words of wisdom - I appreciate you taking the time to educate a first timer.

Edit - in researching proper website sales etiquette, I have learned that it is proper to list the Registrar and expiration date:

GoDaddy
    Expire: August 2006

Sorry for not including that in my original post.

7. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    I have made my decision to sell to the best offer received prior to Next Sunday at 12 AM Central time (feb 5th). So I am no longer "testing the waters" - it's going to someone.

Current BO stands at $5,250 -

Thanks for your time and consideration.

8. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The bids should be publicly posted.

Otherwise we dont know if the bids are genuine.

joeychgo, Jan 29, 2006 IP
  9. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    Sem-Advance made the offer of $5,250

10. diamondsinfo

diamondsinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curious if you have ever had any legal issues with the site? Some may interpret parts of the site as encouraging or glamorizing street racing which is illegal.

I think the site has lots of revenue potential and am interested, but I worry about the legal side a bit.

diamondsinfo, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  11. xoticpt

xoticpt Peon

Best Answers:
    i run a website of similar fashion. there are no issues with such illegal content as you put it.

xoticpt, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  12. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never had any legal issues with it. In fact - at one point in time an inside source from the Des Moines police department brought it to my attention that an officer tried to use a video from the site to obtain a warrant to prosecute the person in the video, and it was shot down.

It's been smooth sailing.

Spendlessly, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  13. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    Spendlessly, Jan 30, 2006 IP