1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

For Sale: DragSource.com - Traffic/Revenue : Ends 2/5/2006

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Spendlessly, Jan 30, 2006.

Domain: http://www.dragsource.com
    Registrar: GoDaddy.com
    Expire: August 2006

I started out testing the waters and the thread was moved to the website reviews section. Since then, I have decided that I will sell to the person with the highest offer as of Next Sunday, at 12 AM Central time (Feb 5th). http://www.dragsource.com

I have several other sites that have taken a priority recently, and have to force myself to move on. The site started as a hobby, and grew until it consumed my local area. Every automotive enthusiast in my city - and even my state, generally knows of the site by name. The site has done promoting for local drag racing tracks, and I frequently receive offers in regards to being a parts distributior. (I haven't entertained any of them as I wanted to avoid drop shipping things) It has grown over the years, and continues to grow quickly -

The site consists of articles, which I wrote. Calculators, that I coded. A very active forum with 1000+ registered users. Several subsections where users can upload pictures of their cars with descriptions (write content for you), and also upload pictures from shows they've gone to, etc.

I didn't record statistics until part way through 2004, so that is where they begin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------

Below are my actual earnings with AdSense for this month, up to the time of this post. I use both AdSense and Yahoo on the site currently, but more AdSense than Yahoo.

[​IMG]

The ONLY portion of the site that IS NOT included is the DS Productions section. That is a business owned by another individual, it and the videos under that section will be moved to another domain prior to the sale, and are not included. All other videos were created by me, and do come with the site (archived videos section). In regards to the section that is not included. It consists of 4 videos. It has received 443 pageviews this month so far... not exactly the meat and potatoes of the site, more a hosting favor for a close personal friend. There are 2 or 3 more of the videos from DS Productions hosted on the site - but they are only hotlinked from a couple threads in the forum, and a couple other automotive forums - and they are also going to be moved to a new domain.

----------------

I will entertain questions publicly - fire away.

Question Asked: How much work is required.

Answer: The registered rides section is fully automated. When someone uploads a "ride" it doesn't show in with the rest of them until they upload at least one image of it. Currently the only way to edit the rides in there is through the MySQL database - however I could whip up an administration page prior to sale.

The member timeslips section is fully editable using the admin panel in PHPBB.

The past events section is automated to the point that - when someone submits an event, it waits in queue until it is reviewed and approved. (once agin, no admin page - it is done by changing a "n" to a "y" in the MySQL database - and once again, I could put together an admin page prior to sale upon request)

The archived pictures section is dynamically generated. To add pictures to it you do have to manually upload the image, and type a description of it into the MySQL database - I would be willing to make a simple upload form prior to sale.

The archived videos section is the same as the archived pictures section ^^

The DS Drag Racer game is fully automated, and has active players daily.

Everything on the site is stored in SQL databases for easy re-arranging/reformating.

Here is the other revenue from this month up to when I took the screenie yesterday.

[​IMG]

As you can see from to screen shots I posted, this has been my busiest month (in terms of unique visitors) ever. Revenue has followed suit. It wasn't until about 7 or 8 months ago that I began actively trying to rank in the search engines. It wasn't that I didn't want to rank, I just didn't know how. I found WMW and DP and began to apply my knowledge, and I've had ups and downs... but more ups.

I had the revenue on a steady climb until Jagger. The site took a big hit in the SERPS, and I saw a lot of URL only action. Luckily, Google Images picked up the slack - and then some. I've been watching the Big Daddy servers, and as of current (crossing fingers) all of the content pages are back in the SERPS and ranking as they were before - but I take the Big Daddy results with a grain of salt, as it's all speculation as to weather or not filters/etc have been applied. Although it would be nice to have substantial traffic coming from Google content search as well as Google images. After Jagger, I implimented a site wide 301 redirect in hopes that my www/non-www issues would be resolved in time.

Here is an image of what my referral/direct visitor statistics looked like back in September of 2005. I believe Jagger hit me on the 22nd of Sept.

[​IMG]

Here is an image of what my referral/direct visitor statistics look like for the current month up to the time of this post.

[​IMG]

And for the money shot - my earnings since I started with AdSense back in September of 2004. I just recently started with Yahoo at the end of October, and I gave Chitika a test run but wasn't pleased and have since removed it.

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first time selling an entire site, content, domain, and all - so I may need my hand held a bit through the process of the transfer.

I will sell to the highest offer I receive by 12 AM Central Time, February 5th (Sunday)

The current standing offer is $5,250.00 from Sem-Advance

Thanks for looking, and just let me know if you have any questions.

Spendlessly, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  2. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you have a BIN (Buy it Now) price in mind?

a389951l, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  3. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Bin - $10,000 Usd

Spendlessly, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  4. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    BIN reduced to $8500 -

Spendlessly, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  5. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am ending the auction early - (I could not ask for a nicer or more professional person to deal with)

Winner = Sem-Advance

Thanks for looking folks

Spendlessly, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  6. xoticpt

xoticpt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    he got one hell of a deal on that... missed the boat :-(

xoticpt, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  7. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Two way street my friend....there are always concerns usually with spending large amounts on a transaction such as this and the seller has been more than accomondating and forthright under scrutiny.

:)

More than anything drag racing is something I have loved for years and so this suits me great as it something I know and love, and there's not much better a mix in business and pleasure.

Thank you for allowing me to continue this for you!

Sem-Advance, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  8. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Congrats man best of luck on the site :)

Seiya, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  9. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Seiya

Thank you :)

Actually it has already started thanks to DP..

Peace to you

Sem-Advance, Feb 7, 2006 IP