1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling: Webmaster tools site. Monetized and stable (Web and earnings stats inside)

Discussion in 'Sites' started by scriptman, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This is a webmaster tools website created in late June last year. It's running on AdSense at the moment and is completely ToS complaint. I have written most the site and tools within by hand, generally meeting w3c programming standards. I have optimized the website for minimal bandwidth consumption and maximum usability / simplicity.

The main feature of this website is the server stress tester. Essentially this is designed to simulate the "Digg effect" which is handy for those on questionable webhosts who wish to see if their websites can stand up to a high volume of traffic. I have also written in a few extra features such as a multiplier which allows for more serious stress testing, as well as a message system which ensures your session ends up in your server logs in case you wish to check over them (I am a statistics geek myself).

I have also set up an RSS feed, which has collected a few readers over the past several months. This has not been fully developed, but it's there with a lot of potential if you wish to add on, say a blogging section to this website. Feedburner stats can be found below.

The website also has the following subsections:

• Request - A lightweight and spam resistant messageboard which can be handy for getting in touch with your users.
    • Proxychecker - Does what it says on the box.
    • Safemessenger - A blowfish encrypted messaging service designed for secure communications. This was an experiment in programming but it seems to have been a success. I am at a loss as to what people use it for as everything is, of course, encrypted. Never the less it gets some use!
    • Filehunter - A Google AJAX SOAP based searching tool that is built to hunt around all the file index listings in Google. Quite handy, and I use it myself fairly often.

Here are my Analytics, Awstats, Feedburner and of course Adsense statistics:

Note:The analytics panel loses the veritical axis numbering when scaled back to June 2007 and as such has only been shown from December till today. I consider the Awstats screencaps to be more revealing than analytics, regardless, all stats are included below.

Analytics: Visits (Dec to Feb)
    [​IMG]

Adsense: Total earnings (All Time)
    [​IMG]

Analytics: Pageviews (Dec to Feb)
    http://www.gigaloader.com/forsale/DecToFeb_Pageviews.gif

Awstats: General (All Time)
    http://www.gigaloader.com/forsale/Awstats_AllTime.gif

Feedburner: General (All Time)
    http://www.gigaloader.com/forsale/Feedburner_AllTime.gif

Overall general info according to analytics: (All Time)

72,198 Visits
    169,251 Pageviews
    2.34 Pages/Visit
    54.53% Bounce Rate
    00:02:47 Avg. Time on Site
    76.84% New Visits

What you'll get:

The domain name. It has about 4 months until renewal is necessary. The domain name is specific enough that it helps establish a good branding for the webmaster tools, and general enough that you could afford to re purpose the website to some extent. Of note is its PR3 homepage ranking followed by PR3/2 on other pages. It's currently ranked at 377,865 on Alexa but has seen the low 320's late last year.

All website contents. I will happily FTP over the contents if you wish, otherwise the files can be zipped and e-mailed to you. Your server will require a MySQL database. The database is necessary to contain a list of domains blocked from the stress test service, which leads to the following item...

Responsibility. Although the stress tester component is quite a handy tool, you will need to keep a close eye on it for abuse. You must actively monitor your e-mail inbox for abuse reports and use the built in (hand coded) blacklisting panel to ensure that misuse doesn't get out of line. Occasionally you will get a spike in traffic and often times this is an organised set of people looking to meddle in other people's online presence by hammering their web server. I have considered requiring a text file or some other form of authentication to prevent unauthorized use, but from an accessibility standpoint that is not a good solution. So far blacklisting has been quite effective, but it is necessary for you to keep an eye out for this.

----------

Overall this is a promising website that hasn't yet realized it's full potential. As you can see there is a fair bit of natural traffic, and the design lends itself to being expanded to include more webmaster tools. I would have liked to include a pagerank checker however I am uncertain about possible Adsense ToS compliance issues. Keyword density tools and the like would be an excellent addition to the site and bring in more repeat visitors. The RSS feed is an unexplored area with a lot of potential as can be seen by the Feedburner stats (The feed has been updated a grand total of about 2 times, and yet still maintains a small readership). I'm making it available for purchase because I do not have time to monitor and expand the website to its full potential.

Interested bidders will be considered at offers starting from $300 USD, and I'll consider the auction finalized when there have been no subsequent bids for 36 hours. A final sale (if any) will be determined at my sole discretion. Your verified PayPal account will suffice for a transaction, and I will be performing various background checks, so scammers need not apply! The final bidder will be contacted via P.M to discuss the exchange of website contents, the domain, payment and so forth.

I'm happy to answer any questions from interested parties - Send me a P.M please. If you are concerned about credibility, I can provide the final bidder with adjunct access to my analytics account to verify these statistics before a purchase is made.

If you're keen on webmaster tools, have some spare time and are looking for a more than self-sustaining website, this website is may be worth your consideration!

scriptman, Feb 8, 2008 IP
    sarahk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.