1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Unique Desktop Search Blog

Discussion in 'Sites' started by seank1, Mar 19, 2005.

URL: http://www.desktopsearch.info
    SEMrush

Overview: It is the web's first, and only, desktop search blog. Powered by WordPress 1.2, the blog is dedicated to everything about desktop search. If you do not know, desktop search clients create a searchable index of your hard drive so you can search through e-mails, word documents, PDFs, and other files for a specific word/phrase. Desktop search is basically Google for your hard drive.

Traffic/Revenue: High $X from adsense in the last 10 days (channel screenshot available). 2000 visitors so far this month (screenshot). The site was just blogged for a recent entry on very prominent tech blogs: Techdirt.com and RealTechNews.com. Most visitors come from MSN search where the site is ranked #1 for "desktop search".

Domains included in sale:
    http://www.desktopsearch.info
    http://www.desktopsearchblog.com
    These will be transferred to you on GoDaddy

Hosting/Transfer: I will give you the admin login/pass to the Cpanel and you will have until Sunday April 3rd, 2005 to move the site onto your own host. After April 3rd the monthly hosting account will be cancelled and the site will no longer be hosted on SolidHost.com. It is your sole responsibility to move the entire site before that time.

Finding content to blog about: Google News and search "desktop search".

Time Commitment: Just like any other blog, several minutes a day to find content and create a post through WordPress' user-friendly blog interface.

Future Revenue Potential: Desktop Search is a fast growing sector in personal search. PC World magazine just had a front page story comparing desktop search clients. Google, Yahoo!, MSN, Ask Jeeves all have desktop search clients. The adsense keyword value will be increasing in the next few months as consumers begin to adopt desktop search technology.

Promotion done: I have simply placed a bunch of forum links and a couple sitewide links (which will be taken down) on my network sites. Some SEO work as well.

Reason for selling: Time limitations due to a recent part-time job and upcoming University final exams.

Payment: Paypal only (I am verified and accept credit cards).

Auction Starting Price: $150. Auction ends on Tues. March 22nd at 9:00 PM (GMT -8) pacific time.

Site is being advertised on multiple boards and I will keep this post updated on the highest bid price.

I reserve the right, to sell the site before or after the deadline, or not to sell the site for any reason.

PM me with any other questions.

seank1, Mar 19, 2005 IP
    SEMrush