1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ron Paul surpasses $8 Million in donations!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guru-seo, Nov 11, 2007.

1. billion

billion G.E.M.

Best Answers:
    The message from RP makes people raise money. That's why RP fans are excited about it. The money will make it possible for RP to get noticed in "traditional media" even without any "traditional media" support. I think it's great!

billion, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hunter, Tancredo. He polled better than Huck until recently as well in most cases, yet Huck got more questions ;)

Not at all, it gives funding to spread the message, it also gives free publicity and 'hype' at the same time. Many don't support him simply because they believe the 'no chance' theory, the more people see him bringing in money and support the more people will swing to him.
    Ahh he might need it more than you realise, I could be wrong but I'd be shocked if he makes it. He's running strong ATM, I highly doubt he continues to do so, I also highly doubt he could win a national election. The dems are hoping he's the guy they run against ;) He also could have used the hype just a few weeks ago, he surely could also use the $$$.

GRIM, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's not RP raising the money, it's his followers who are very passionate about the process.
    Money does not, passion does. Someone could have 1/2 the support, if his support however turns out at near 100% to vote and others turn out at 30% who will win? ;)

Those on RP's side are extremely passionate, a reason for the money bombs working so well.

Money sure the hell does help get your message out...

GRIM, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  4. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Mia,

Try searching for "Ron Paul" on YouTube and you will find lots of invertiews with the man where he sticks to issues. John Stossel (of ABC's 20/20)conducted one (it's in several parts on YouTube) which they only released on the web (yeah, the same thing happens to all the candidates, right?). There are others well worth watching, notably the Cadidates@Google and PBS NOW interviews. Of course, you can also read about his platform directly from his campaign site: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Ron Paul will be on Glenn Beck tonight @ 7PM EST and on Meet The Press with Tim Russert on Sunday. Have a look and I think you will find he spends the majority of the time talking about issues and his platform.

Bernard, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  5. Bernard

Best Answers:
    One thing lost in the media coverage of the money raised is that $18 million plus raised in this quarter comes from over 118,000 individuals. It's not coming from a small group of high rollers or PACs.

The polls don't tell the whole story

Bernard, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  6. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great answers from Zibblu and Grim, thought I would add my 2 cents as well.

Every debate various blogs count up the speaking time and question count. Paul regularly finishes around Tancredo/Hunter territory, even though he polls double whey do, and outraises them almost 10 to 1.

Do you mean the campaign, or the supporters on DP?

Sure. Huckabee polls well, so the polls get discussion for his supporters. Paul raises money well, so that gets discussion. Seems natural to me.

Well, it's a chicken and egg issue. You don't poll well, if you don't get facetime and you can't get facetime, unless you poll well. Just a couple days ago, Rasmussen put out a call I think in Florida. Paul was buried under "Press 6 for other candidates". This has been the way of polls for this campaign since the beginning.

Hype is a big factor. Virally marketing the candidate on and offline is another. growing the campaign (20,000+ new donors on Sunday) is one as well, and of course, filling the war chest for the 50 state campaign.

That's true, but without money, you can't pay ballot fees, you can't travel as much as you like, you can't setup offices, provide yard signs, or conduct "Get out the vote" operations.

Rudy spends $3 million a month, just on his advisors. Not to mention the paid ballot petitioners, phone bankers, mailouts, TV and radio ads etc.

To put that in perspective, Duncan Hunter is having a hard time raising $1 million in a quarter. I think Hunter is a better candidate than Rudy, but how many people (1) know he is running, (2) get to see him in their state, (3) have him on their ballot, and (4) think he has any chance to win (regardless of his superior platform)?

So money does matter, because with the exception of Huckabee and Paul, the polls reflect the fund raising clout of the various campaigns.

guerilla, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  7. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    where can you donate? ill throw in a 100$ or something.

killafawk, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
  9. Bernard

Best Answers:
    The man is consistent

Bernard, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  10. Bernard

Best Answers:
    The Buzz: Ron Paul says his fundraising earns GOP respect

Bernard, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Mia, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yep consistantly slowly rising, not going up and down up and down. Glad you noticed them ;)

GRIM, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  13. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I will love to see the look on the skeptics when Ron Paul gets elected president. He will win!

guru-seo, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I can hardly contain my laughter..

Mia, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  15. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can't contain so many other things, why draw the line at laughter?

guerilla, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  16. Bernard

Best Answers:
    I know one GOP candidate from Texas who will not be affected by this..

As Primaries Begin, the FEC Will Shut Down

Bernard, Dec 21, 2007 IP