1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New System for phpLD Site of the Month

Discussion in 'Directories' started by dvduval, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Accepting is the main thing, not 1 - 2 lines or 1 -2 characters ;)
    What do you say?

EDIT : if i did any mistakes tell me so i overcome them :) instead of continuing the mistakes.

amitpatel_3001, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  2. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i never said i am as good as you in those type of tactics ... but sure can try to get a good ranking in SEs

i never participated in any seo contest but i sure seen some around and am very familiar with how it works ....

so let me see whether those words of yours and the offer of 5000$ are actually going to be true... waiting eagerly :D

should i join gii forums ?? is that where the contest be held ... let me know

smub, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  3. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Reading comprehension and the moral of the post, do you not understand it?

ok, let us requote exclusively

an0n, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  4. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats what is known as intellectual property and there are so many laws for it around. Even if many people has known it by wrong means (looking into source of other's directories), it is certainly not your duty to make it public since it hurts the interest of the coder who spent long nights and took up pain to make the particular thing.

aditya_sfs, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  5. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If I lied:
    1. I'm very sorry
    2. It was not intentional

dvduval, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  6. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    If it was just a easy 2 lines, which can be done so easily by anyone, then why didnt it get into your head while you coded phpLD for the first time. Doesnt seem that it was such a easy 2 lines of codes.

aditya_sfs, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is not I who needs that apology. I am long past your ways of deceitful lies to me.

It is the end users who bust their a$$es night and day to better their projects for which you don't even give a crap about that deserve an apology

you sinner.

an0n, Jul 3, 2007 IP
    SEOBoy likes this.
  8. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:

Well, actually in the article script (www.articlescript.org) we did already. We just didn't do this on the detail pages, and then after repeated pressure from An0n because he was selling the mod, I continued to keep it out of phpLD. So it wasn't a matter of us not knowing how to do this. It was a matter of being told not to add it (even though it is quite simple and has been done by many).

dvduval, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  9. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't feel I have a reputation for being a liar. I have tried to address this situation the best I could.

dvduval, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  10. SEOBoy

SEOBoy Banned

Best Answers:
    Next thing to note will, to run contest which will have Terms and Conditions already setuped before starting the contest, not like some of the contests like directorycontest.com in which the rules where being made, remade at many times.:D

Running a contest should be in favor of everyone, and if that doesnt works out you cant say whether its fair or not.

There should had been many factors already thought out which will make up the SOTM.

SEOBoy, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  11. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    See how David tries to squeeze his way around things here.
    He claimed that site to be his, and he had been doing it, when in fact the site wasnt his, nor was it being done.
    (activeweblinks.com is 18 months old and was rewriting urls like this. articlescript 1.5 wasn't even around in a stable condition)

hahaha jeez... will you ever stop lying David? Will you ever repent for your lies and come clean?

an0n, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  12. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hmm...

interesting place this nomination thread has gotten ...

the mods: itself if it is a custom developed mod is actually reserved by the owner....

but copyright such things as adding a field !! (thts out of here)

<input type="text"......> i dont believe anyone owns this ....

Javascript can be done now mhamdi have used a free java script so that mod is available. (there are many ways of doin a java script) one can write one from scratch ... no copyrights there !!

its saying coca cola came first so pepsi can't produce the drinks

editing .htaccess file (to make a page seo-friendly)

Many tutorials are online .... that mhamdi has done also ... so i believe david you should add that as an option in the next release of phpld whenever tht will be.

Rewrite-.... << it is not a property of anyone either ... as many sites uses it.

Why didn't developers thought of it before .... Nothing is ever final otherwise there will never be update releases ... like Microsoft Windows XP or vista

if everything was thought at once ... y do we hav this xp y not windows 98 or 95

Why didn't people think of things at once ... i mean come on ... gosh ... why are we keep getting more and more ram ... i mean before it was only like 512 ... now it can be 2b 4 gb ... y dont they just make it 10gb at once and stop ...

its called advancement in technology ... knowledge never stops... maybe some people get places before others..

i mean look at Apple

they made Mac and continue doing so ... (i dont see them crying) about Vista took our look ..

geez people ...

its a nomination thread ...

let it be a nomination thread

smub, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  13. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:

I understand that YOU feel I am deceitful.
    I don't believe there is a general consensus on this. If I were as bad as you make me out to be, surely phpLD would not be doing well now, because everyone would have jumped ship.

The fact remains that mod rewrite is something that thousands of people know how to do. It is like saying we can't use drop down menus or redirects because someone else wrote the code already. It has been done MANY times, and there is no shortage of people that know how to do it. Ex. they did almost the exact thing on vbulletin and wordpress long before it was done on phpLD. This is an EASY 1-2 lines of code that is not anything that can be protected.

I STILL don't have it in the code for 3.2 to this day to protect YOU. Why should I even bother?
    Somehow I am both protecting your mod AND deceitful. Just doesn't make sense. It's really crazy.
    If you tell me how to repent, maybe I can. I have tried VERY hard to understand you, and I still can't figure you out.

dvduval, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  14. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You STILL dont' get it. You still do not understand the moral of the post. Read clearly: i do not care about mod rewrite i do NOT like liars... like YOU

We know why phpLD is doing well. Don't kid yourself. So when I decide to take my ideas elsewhere, can't call me a copycat.

Should I go on as to why phpLD admin was changed too? hahaha, David, just give up. I don't want to really put you down into a placed where everyone else will be able to see and know what I know. I protect YOU! and I always have, throughout everything, and that includes your lies!

an0n, Jul 3, 2007 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.
  15. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Calling me a liar is not protecting me.
    For the record, I will note that mod rewrite is indeed something that is widely used, and should be included in phpLD (actually already is in other places).

phpLD is great because of the many ideas from you and others. It is because of the MANY contributions that allowed it to become a great product.

I worked on it starting in 2001 and spent 6 years developing it, and only started charging last year, mainly to be able to afford to help people.

If you want to truly "protect me", I hope you will try to do a better job of trying work this out in your mind where you feel comfortable with things. I think it is very bad idea to work with people that you consider to be dishonest. If I am that person, please do not work with me. Move on to another script.

Your directories are doing incredibly well, and I think you have done an AMAZING JOB. I will always say this about you and your sites. I'm sorry you can't give me some credit too.

dvduval, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  16. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its called: telling the TRUTH, but what would you know about that? ha!
    dear god, someone else chime in here and explain that this is NOT about mod rewrite hahaha... For everytime David speaks of mod rewriting, god kills a kitten!
    Yes, we both know of my contributions and all the ideas, for which I always let the others think 'you' did because you wanted it that way.
    Truth be told, and I'll say it now, whether people want to think I'm narcisistic or not, *I* am behind the growth of phpLD.

You couldn't code a line of your own script to save your life.
    Remember, you always came to *ME* for the responses to people.
    *I* answered every last question made to those forums, because you had and still have absolutely no idea. STOP pretending.

I DON'T work with you. What are you talking about? Remember, you never paid me what you were suppose to. hahaha... how quickly we forget?

What credit? You take other peoples ideas and backstab them, and without care. Exactly where is there accreditation in that? Where?

*ugh*

an0n, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  17. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think I will ever be able to understand what I could do better with you. I really do try. I wish you didn't see me the way you do, but I'm not really sure what I could do that would change the image you have.

I know you have also benefited very well from phpLD, as have many. And I do truly hope you will continue to do well.

You have made a contribution, but there are many others too.
    (mine has spanned 6 years)

I just don't know what I can say to you that would make any difference whatsoever.

dvduval, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  18. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm happy user of PhpLD directories too. And even if not so succesfull as some other here, however I'm satified with it.
    And I'll always stay grateful to dvduval for sharing and supporting his script.
    I do not find single reason to say anything wrong to and about him. :)

I also appreciate AnOn for his job and time he spends to popularize the script, to bring fresh and powerful code solutions.
    And also do not find any reason to say anything wrong to him :)

You both run very well and I do not find any reason for all we can read here.
    It hurts, I'm sure it also hurts all of us here.

Thanks.

dargre, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  19. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it really does hurt my feelings too. I don't really know what to do or say. I don't believe I am a backstabber or liar, but that is what a couple of people seem to think. It hurts for sure, and I wish I could have been more perfect, but I am at a loss. I don't know what else I can do.

But it is very fortunate that there are many happy users. I get tons of great feedback every week from happy users. That is what keeps me going. We also have quite a few happy mod developers and template designers, and I am happy for that too.

There are many programmers I have worked with since before phpLD started, and somehow they don't seem to treat me like a liar or backstabber.

Could I have done better? I'm sure I made some mistakes.

Some people hold grudges. I can't do anything about that.

dvduval, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  20. NRLMedia

NRLMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you guys discuss your issues via PM?

This is ridiculous.

Another worthless thread full of BS.

NRLMedia, Jul 3, 2007 IP
    kiviniar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.