1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Official Thread about the Reputation System

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by chulium, Aug 22, 2006.

1. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

That would do nothing but start fights and create " this guy is abusing the rep system " threads

Come on now be serious

sundaybrew, Aug 22, 2006 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  2. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then how come the red rep comes from posts INSIDE the political forum, genius? :rolleyes: (just kidding on the genius snap.)

It's just that red rep applies in the political forum, but not green. It bothers me, this whole rep system does.

I am. If they knew who left it maybe they'd think twice about it, so they wouldn't get reported. Also, you'd send a PM to report the user, not make a thread to report abuse. The reason I started this one is because I think a change NEEDS to be made.

chulium, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  3. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    have you seen fryman's picture?

<BTW>

Your rep is grey not red, compuxp. But thanks for caring! :)

Crazy_Rob, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I love it...CompuX was flaming and taunting people OUTSIDE of the political section (Maybe people didn't see the iwebtool thread).

I suspect the majority of his reds was from that. And despite the way he was basically telling people they were stupid about complaining when a directory decided to go paid and delete all the links where people paid for "lifetime links", he is still green so I actually think he should be the last person complaining about the rep system.

Even when it came out that he had a vested interest, he still stayed green.

I love how people say things in these threads like, "Yeah, its a horrible systems you shouldn't have got any reds" when they have no clue who this guy even is or why he got so many.

Sheeesh (I suspect this thread is an attempt to get more greens so he can be free to flame some more people)

PS. You may want to read this thread before playing your violins

yfs1, Aug 23, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.
  5. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    I would say he is Lucky he is still green, bashing honey and other well liked members, wow .......:confused:

SHEEEEEEEEEEESHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sundaybrew, Aug 23, 2006 IP
    GRIM and yfs1 like this.
  6. chulium

Best Answers:
    Well if you don't want to pay a measly $5 more for it, obviously your sites aren't worth it. :rolleyes: But, this is not the purpose of my thread.

Maybe you forgot that I said sometimes I deserved it, huh? Did you even *read* my thread post?

How about now? Now in this thread I have not been calling people names or been rude, yet still I got a whole bunch of red rep.

Oh, and I love this post: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=1268572#post1268572

Tell me where i'm flaming other members, I got at least -10 points for that post, things like "moronic" (which is of a moron in itself), "moron", "***hole", etc, just because you guys don't want to agree with me because I'm a minority and you guys hate that. It's not just me getting abused in the rep system, a LOT of people are! Your rep comments are worse than my posts.

Barely.

Maybe they do but they realize I'm not a bad person. Have you seen my NamePros account? Look at all that GREEN rep! ^_^ (1310 points total) Now if I was a bad person, do you think I'd have that much green and have been nominated for member of the month a few times? Nu uh. This is happening to many users over DP.

And yet again, you suspect wrong :( Show me once in this thread where I've flamed somebody...

I did. Like I said, there is one maybe two posts there where I deserve the red rep, but not every other post I make on DP...

It used to be green, I never saw it gray, and it's red, so I dunno where you get gray from....

I wouldn't do that if I was you, I'm red now :p

SHEEEEEEEEEEESHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :p

Lemme tackle these one at a time:

So there I deserved a little red.

You're forgetting he called me clueless too? lol, yeah, just pick on ME ignore everybody else. This is fact not flame. I did not deserve red for this.

*MAYBE* I deserve some here, but if you aren't willing to pay $5 more for your site, then maybe it *isn't* worth it, but don't get mad at ME for that!

So there is one time here maybe two where I deserved some red, but I'm getting red rep from EVERYWHERE even posts that don't matter.

I'm just saying that there are some major abuse issues going on here with the rep system, and *SOMETHING* has to be done! Removing the anonimtity and seeing what other rep the user has left would basically FIX this!

chulium, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  7. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some of us manage to have very heated discussions in the politics section and still not give each other red rep.... Makes you wonder...

hextraordinary, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  8. chulium

Best Answers:
    Well I can prove it to you, just check out my recent posts (click on my username, click Find All Posts...) and see where I deserve all this red rep. And it's usually cause they don't agree with me. Maybe 5% of the time it's because I really deserved it.

I rarely give red rep in the political section, I never care since only -1 point will hurt me than it will them who REALLY deserve it. It's always the majority that gets green rep no matter what, nobody cares about the minority and they only get red rep. What's this place coming to? Can't the staff here be somewhat fair and reasonable and do something to stop this?

chulium, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Don't sweat the red rep. You are getting it from a select group of jerks that frequent the general chat area of the forum. You are getting nasty comments from the same small group of people over and over again. Trust me. Judging from the comments it is easy to tell who it is.

If you PM me, I will tell you exactly who it is. Again, don't sweat it. I'd green you, but I've apparently already done that at some point.

At your age you make some pretty intelligent arguments and are making a decent contribuition to this forum IMO. That kind of attitude bothers the select group of buttheads in question.

Mia, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

It works just fine the way it is now... Much better than before anyway.

Though it would be nice if you could green/red rep in the gen chat areas again.

Mia, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  11. roadies

roadies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Oh this is a must. I'd rock your schoolyard!

Choose your attack:

Scowl -2 HP
    Stick Tongue Out -5 HP
    Give em The Bird -10HP
    Namecalling -14 HP
    Pull Hair -25 HP
    Stomp Foot -30 HP
    Bitchslap -35 HP
    Cat Scratch -50 HP
    Tittie Twister -100 HP
    Bring In The Meanies -500 HP

roadies, Aug 23, 2006 IP
    Alis, iowadawg and Lpspider like this.
  12. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I will fess up to giving you negative rep in the thread about "that directory" ... but I am pretty sure I signed it as I always try to remember just so someone else doesn't get blamed or you can come whine back to me if you feel it's unjust.

But the way you're acting here, I wouldn't be surprised if you've gotten more.

You would be more active if the rep system was different? Okay, I'll say it, "who gives a shit!?"

Your rep at another forum? Same response, who cares. What matters in THIS forum is YOUR actions in THIS forum.

Instead of letting things be water under the bridge, you blow the dike and start an "official" thread about the rep system.

Move on, be professional, and it won't be an issue.

wrmineo, Aug 23, 2006 IP
    iowadawg, Smyrl and GRIM like this.
  13. chulium

Best Answers:
    Heck nah, don't jump to conclusions. Where did I say that?

That's not my point. I agree, but my rep at another forum shows that I'm not a bad person.

I said "MY" official, not "THE" official, as in the one and only official one. I have no authority or place to go doing that anyway :p

You haven't acted a whole lot more professional in this thread either :rolleyes:

chulium, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  14. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt:

You're right, I did misread one thing:

and you were talking about the reputations received.

Sorry.

My point about being professional, is that you're wearing your emotions on your sleeve in many posts I've seen by you; also, you respond abrasively more than professionally when questioned about something. If you handle yourself in a more calm, collected and professional manner, you shouldn't have to worry about negative reps.

Again, your reputation in another forum doesn't mean that you're an okay guy necessarily. You very well may be a stand up individual, but you're treated here by the way you act here.

Believe it or not, you can change that perception and people will let water flow under the bridge and come around to liking you better and giving you respect - but you're not going to earn it with rants and juvenile attacks.

When I join here last year (Jun 2005) at the recommendation of a valued member that I knew from another forum, I didn't have the best start either. Hell, I even did a little ranting myself about a thread being pulled and some neg reps I got as a result (Wrongly Accused). The thread generated more red reps, but I think I conducted myself (mostly) in a professional manner and as a result, TOPS30 brought it to Shawn's attention ... the thread was misread and hence pulled by an honest mistake to wit Shawn even publicly admitted, reinstated the thread, and then he rep'd me!

It's not always what you say in life, but how you say it.

wrmineo, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  15. chulium

Best Answers:
    The reason I come out harsh and abraisive is because I spend most of my time in the political forum, which in order to survive, you need to be tough and outright. I am a webmaster with webmaster interests, but don't have time to post in other boards as I have responsibilties elsewhere. Also, now I cannot post in some webmaster boards due to my reprutation. But, when possible, I do get out a bit. I just forget that not everybody is politically active.

Which is understandable. Again, though, it was only to show I'm not evil or anything.

I'm not ranting, I'm requesting a change.

It's not always how you say it, but it's always how they interpret it.

chulium, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  16. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    But you have time to post in the political forums?

Quit your bitching and go away.

Dekker, Aug 23, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    compuxp I gave you red for this thread, I signed it as well but I want to make sure you know it was me. I also gave some green for some funny yet cocky comments :p

Lighten up man, you'll get green if you change your ways.

GRIM, Aug 23, 2006 IP
    Alis and iowadawg like this.
  18. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've gotten enough reds to be in the oranges now. The key is to focus on green.

Blogmaster, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  19. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    it's also a good idea to have a sexy avatar like blogmaster's

Dekker, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    yeah if you want some real green, make sure your legs are at least half way open :cool:

Blogmaster, Aug 23, 2006 IP
    cormac likes this.