1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Most difficult part of working online

Discussion in 'General Business' started by KonRadicool, Apr 14, 2014.

Hey everyone, I have been working online for the past 7 years and have found many reasons why it is so difficult to work online.
    But what have you found to be difficult, what were your experiences and how did you overcome them?
    Regards
    KonRadicool

KonRadicool, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  2. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just being consistent in my marketing and posting efforts. I'm not very disciplined working on my own.

Dionne Taylor, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  3. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me the difficulty is - freedom.

I have the freedom of working for another hour or freedom to go and visit my cozy bed...it's looking at me every day since it's so near. :p

But everything is difficult - it's just the way you overcome the problems.

GFX2, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    For me the biggest challenge to working online is finding the time to devote to it. Working online is by no means my biggest source of income. In fact it comes in a poor second. Added to that I also have a quasi social life which if not attended to, would make making money pointless and futile.
    Shouldn't life be about the pursuit of happiness? If we are chained to the yoke like oxen then what is the point?
    So in a nutshell I guess time management is my main issue as far as working online.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 15, 2014 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  5. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    It's hard to balance clients' time with my own time. I don't have much time to keep up with my blogs.

Alyssa Lochmore, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  6. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is hard for me to understand all Google Search changes and to adapt. I am creating websites for me or for selling ( after are established ) and it was like a battle with Google. I had some penalized, i had some that were ranked bad. I guess the hard part is complying with search rules and promoting the website with free methods.

Jedineka, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  7. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    I find it very difficult to work online if you have all the distractions surrounding you.
    I can't focus.
    I can't work or shall I say I always have to cut the hours when there's so much distractions..

jonrod, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  8. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that makes sense. It's even worse if you live with adult children -- which thankfully I don't. When other people who can walk, talk and move about don't life a finger it can drag you down emotionally as well as financially. Whenever possible, keep a distance from these people.

Boost_Software, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  9. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The most difficult part of online work is getting high quality traffic and build authorship.

iwebsocial, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  10. Sharmeen

Sharmeen Member

Best Answers:
    The most difficult part?

Having patience. When I see my projects are not ranking well, they are falling, I just feel like running awayyyy :(
    Although in my heart I know it will all be up and running but this makes me so nervous and broken inside.

Other then that everything is cool for me. :cool:

Sharmeen, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  11. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keeping up with the trends. I have been doing web design work for a decade now and the trends are always changing/evolving. Anyway .. it happens in other specialties too, so keeping up to date is mandatory, if you want to provide a good service.

SuperiorWD, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  12. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have went through few comments above, and it seems that most of us have the same difficulties : Time management, lack of focus, impatient and few more.
    It is actually a challenge, nobody said it is going to be easy, it is a bit hard at the very beginning since it is the period of important decisions such as investments, quiting a 9-5 job, sacrificing a social life and a regular salary ..etc.
    At the end, only few will accept this challenge a make it through.

HomeDesigner, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  13. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think about your work process, visualise each step and each effort to make that step complete.

Think about distractions, everything that bothers your senses - get rid of it.

Execute and control.

GFX2, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  14. prozeal

prozeal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me the difficult thing is to sit at the computer for so long, focus, and lack of social life.

prozeal, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  15. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    In saying that if you were making money in something that made you happy then how chained would you feel??? Money does not bring you happiness but what you can do with it does and that is why working online is about doing what you want. Its about the freedom to pursue your favorite things. It takes you just as long to set up a website that you are really passionate about then one that you just follow for the money. Are you working online doing something you enjoy, Are you following your values?
    Check out this list I wrote the other day on another thread which I recon is the best way to finding your real values and by doing so helps you focus on something that you really love.
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...what-niche-to-get-into.2717155/#post-18943338
    Let me know how you go
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  16. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    You know that some of the greatest successes in this world did not have time, but they somehow managed to put an hour or 2 together each week. They would work after their day jobs, work on the weekends.
    There is only 24 hours a day for each and every single one of us yet most of us (me included) fill it with pointless things that don't serve us at all. Time management seems to be a big thing in this post. Maybe if we all worked on time management and followed it then we could be a lot more successful online?
    Regards
    Konrad

17. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    I think you should stop focusing on Google. Google is not the goal, your goal should be traffic and it does not necessarily have to be from page 1 rankings, Spend as much time working on interacting with your niche communities as you do putting measures in to get page 1 rankings and not only will you get people coming to your websites but they will also trust you. If your name is out in all the relevant forums, blogs and communities on the net for your niche they will look at you as an expert and will trust you more.
    I focused on SEO for a long time, and page 1 rankings, and my websites are more successful after I decided to put SEO on the back burner and focus on the people. Just a suggestions
    Regards
    Konrad

18. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Did you write out a plan, with goals for yourself to follow. Having a list makes it easier to stay focused as you know what you have to do step by step. Simple pen and paper will do the trick, if you divide each part of website building into hourly blocks then it will keep you on track. Additionally if you find yourself jumping to your favorite social networks and blogs then you can get apps for both chrome and firefox which will block those websites whilst you are meant to be productive. I used stayfocusd for chrome and really helps.
    Regards
    Konrad

19. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Those could be a distraction but if you can't overcome them then you are not really focusing on making money online are you. If you are allowing for things to take control of your life then you require a plan that will manage your time more effectively.
    Just a thought
    Regards
    Konrad

20. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    How do you go searching for traffic these days?
    Regards
    Konrad