1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Managed VPS from $10/mo | 2GB ram 500GB bandwidth $50/mo(FULLY managed)!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by adam@thevpsguy, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacksurfer

blacksurfer Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    the VPSguy has been very helpful with me setting up my account. I wonder if this has anything to do with the issue with Mattheww?

blacksurfer, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  2. vaggos

vaggos Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you really find him after you pay?

vaggos, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  3. mattheww

mattheww Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I don't think it would have anything to do with me... He never violated any DP rules in our debates that I am aware of. I certainly wouldn't report him to DP for giving what I thought was subpar customer service, there are lots of reviews by people here who think he is fantastic. My experience with Ian could be a 1 time thing. When my vps was running I will say that the performance was fantastic. The banning probably was from other threads with the newish rules about bumping.

If you want to get in touch with Ian try . Apparently thats where he gives the most support ;)

mattheww, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  4. vaggos

vaggos Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes seems like great guy :) Anyway even if I won't use his services anymore due to some problems I will recommend him to my friends. He doesn't deserve to be banned.

vaggos, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  5. blacksurfer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hopefully it's a temporary ban, and he can come back reclaim his good name.

blacksurfer, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  6. blacksurfer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    OK...I spoke with him on MSN. He'll be back on the 29th. It was just a temporary ban.

blacksurfer, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  7. blacksurfer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My one week review of the VPS plan:

I'll have to admit I was hesitant about moving from a shared server with cpanel to a VPS server with LXadmin. My site has a medium size vbulletin board and because of other sites on my previous shared hosting company, my site would slow to a crawl because of some other site hogging the resources. I needed a VPS hosting company where other sites on the server wouldn't affect my site.

I bought a VPS plan from the VPSguy.com a week ago, and I'm impressed by the service. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to using SSH and setting up DNS settings, but the VPSguy was very helpful on MSN messenger. I learned to use google to host my DNS and webmail. I am still able to use Outlook Express, powered by google mail. I am now able to backup my vbulletin database using SSH. I used to back up my files in phpmyadmin one at a time because they would time out, but now it's a breeze with SSH. My site no longer suffers from other sites on the shared server hogging resources. I would recommend a VPS account to those using shared services. I am quite satisfied with Lxadmin and I love the fact that it's free compared to the bloated, and memory hogging cpanel.

blacksurfer, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  8. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    SOULZRIPPER, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  9. mattheww

mattheww Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I figured I should give an update as to what happened with my tantrum! I was wrong about the dns and yes it was the registrars fault. I do think that at first the response I got to my support ticket was slow (the ticket system was getting spammed), but as soon as he was made aware of the problem everything was done to correct it. I don't usually use msn so I never tried him there. Since all this happened they have kept my vps going and I left a few sites there to see what would happen. There hasn't been one second of downtime and the speed really is fantastic... better than 1 or 2 of my dedi's! Overall since our initial problems I would honestly not hesitate to recommend TheVpsGuy, I hope my initial reaction did not cause to much damage to their reputation.

Matt

mattheww, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  10. blacksurfer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You're a good man for Mattheww for the above post. So you're still with him?

blacksurfer, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  11. Solid_Nuts

Solid_Nuts Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've been searching all day for a decent VPS for my sites and i stumbled on this thread today.
    i read all the comments in this thread and i'm really thinking about getting one now.

btw thumbs up to you mattheww for being upfront and honest.

Solid_Nuts, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  12. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey guys!!...I'm back..Just to clairify, i did respond to some thread with "pm me" or something like that, and thats why i was banned. Also, the $5 plan is closed(don't know if i already said that), and the $10 plan is going to be open, as we got a new $10 node, due to the popularity of the plan.

Highest quality reseller accounts on DP!...These plans will be hosted on a node with:

• AT LEAST 5x 15,000rpm scsi drives raid5
    • 4x dual core xeons or 2x quad core xeons
    • 2 or 3 redundant power supplies
    • 100mbit unmetered uplink
    • The latest cpanel
    • 99.9% uptime guarentee(actual network downtime was 3 mins 45 secs in 6 months)
    • True 24/7 ticket support

These plans will start at only $15/mo! Are you tired of these reseller accounts that are down for over a few hours per month! Well look no further! Our reseller accounts are hosted on server that are FULLY redundant, no more "no raid" or "no redundancy at all"...This makes our reseller accounts the fastest and most reliable! No other host on DP uses high quality 15,000RPM scsi drives, like we do! Lets take a look at exactly how much faster our IO is than other hosts.

An analysis of other cpanel hosting provider's hardware:

Each of our 15,000RPM scsi drives is roughly twice as fast for total bandwidth, and seek/latency than a standard 7,200RPM sata drive. Since we use 5 of them in a single server, and raid5, we have the total performance of 4 of those drives(5-1 because of the parity used for redundancy). That leads to a performance of over EIGHT times the performance of a single sata drive(the 256MB cache of the raid controller makes it closer to 9). Also, any single drive in the array can fail, and there will be no downtime at all, and no data will be lost! Now, lets look at what other hosts use:

Scenario 1: NO raid

In this scenario, as earlier stated, no raid is used, and our arrays are almost 9 times faster for reads, and writes. Also, if a drive fails in this array(very likely when IO is put on a single sata drive), you lose all your data, and chances are you wont be able to get a backup.

Scenario 2: raid1 with 2x sata drives
    This scenario is the second most common, after a single sata drive. This means that one drive in the array can fail, with no problem. Write performance is that of a single drive,and read performance is almost twice as fast as a single drive, or as fast as one of our scsi drives. This means that our drives are 8 times faster for writes, and 4-5 times faster for reads.

Scenario 3: raid10 with 4 drives

This scenario is the third most common, and involves 2 sets of raid0 arrays, that are mirrored for redundancy. This give the performance of double read, and write speed. Our drives are thus 4 times faster for reads, and writes.

As you can see, no hosts around on DP can get faster Disk IO than we do, and has better redundancy. Also, a SATA drive is almost 3 times more likely to fail than a scsi drive, as SATA was designed with the desktop market in mind, so they weren't built for the intense disk IO of an overloaded server. Now, lets compare prices:

A single 250GB 7,200RPM sata drive sells for around $50(which is the most used drive in alot of these hosts)

A single 146GB 15,00RPM scsi drive sells for around $250

Now, we are selling resellers for less than a 40% premium than standard reseller hosting, and our drives are almost 10 times more expensive than sata drives, and we also use higher quality HP servers, which is rarely used in the hosting industry. Think about this, and decide for yourself, what host you are going to use.

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  13. qit3

qit3 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm interesting with $10 plan
    do you allow RapidLeech?

qit3, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  14. ajohn03d

ajohn03d Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    These seem awfully cheap. How long has your company been up for?

ajohn03d, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  15. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We own all the hardware, so our prices are rather competitive. The $10 plan is hosted on a ~$1000 server, and other more expensive ones on a ~$3000 server....We colocate our hardware in a rack that we lease, so our monthly bills are rather low.

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  16. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Our reseller packages are now LIVE! They include:

• 10GB high speed 15,000RPM SCSI Raid5 disk space
    • 300GB quality tier1 bandwidth
    • FREE private nameservers
    • dedicated ip's at only $2/ip/mo(buy 3 get one free)
    • Unlimited cpanel features
    Only $15/mo(limited time only, then they are $20/mo) Please pm me to order.

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  17. exeQutor

exeQutor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What is the difference with Fully Managed and Unmanaged? Can anyone enlighten a complete VPS/Dedi noob please.. Thanks!

exeQutor, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  18. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, with our managed plan we monitor your uptime, help you with things likw scipt installs, and give you better support. The $10 plan is not managed, but al others are.

adam@thevpsguy, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  19. exeQutor

exeQutor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ahhh.. I see. Thank you!

Btw, your signature says both plans are FULLY Managed.. ^_^

exeQutor, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  20. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have to change that, as that has changed. Thanks....

adam@thevpsguy, Aug 4, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.