1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for A new RSS Reader now Google Reader is Closing

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by Dean_Saliba, Mar 30, 2013.

I have been using Google Reader quite happily for a number of years but sadly they are closing in June so I have been forced to look for a replacement, I was going to go with FeedDemon but they have also announced they are biting the dust.

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a new home for my feeds?

Here are the key features I'm looking for

- Free
    - Web-based
    - Ability to create folders
    - preferably able to sync up with Google Reader to make transferring the feeds easier.

Syncing up with Google Reader is not essential but it would make moving the 200+ feeds I have much easier. :)

Dean_Saliba, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  2. jayo2k

jayo2k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try buzztc.com . You do not need any rss reader, no plug in or nothing... Just past some keywords into the website and it will search the web bringing you websites with rss/atom feeds. You can then prevew the page on buzztc and if you like it, just click "subscribe" and voila... Your buzztc main page will feature all feeds from your subscription like friends' status and to read them, just click on them.

I've found many websites using their search engine to get rss... And the best part is: it doesn't feel like rss, more like friends' status or tweet on your page but when you click, you see the content

jayo2k, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  3. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the suggestion, I'll certainly check them out. :)

Dean_Saliba, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  4. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Devtard, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  5. Carl B

Carl B Peon

Best Answers:
    Readable.cc meets your requirements, it's very minimal but perfect for reading. The headline view is great if you subscribe to a lot of RSS feeds.

Carl B, Apr 24, 2013 IP