1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just got the worst call ever.

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by r32faisal, Apr 28, 2006.

1. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    that's true

r32faisal, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  2. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps the problem is what I've seen on all the myspace and "funny video" sites....

They are all about myspace, but they all show mortgage and loan ads. Pretty much 100% unrelevant targetting... maybe that's why they don't like? And maybe your site was better targetted? Who knows...

yo-yo, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  3. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will say your right on target yo-yo. I have to admit I have done the same thing in the past because I figured well since there in there early 20's and 30's maybe they would want a loan for say there first house or something but after hearing this it makes me like WOW. So I figured that we all should change to a better possibly more relvent cat like maybe computers/internet.

SEO Jeff, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  4. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    probably.

does anyone out there want to help me geo target my ads? I have phpadsnew set up but not a clue as to how to use it. It's so confused. :(

5. FIVE539

FIVE539 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, I thought google was strict....kinda rude. Thats all they said? Was it automated?

FIVE539, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  6. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it was automated. I think he spoke with a real person on the phone.

7. PGZ

PGZ Peon

Best Answers:
    That would suck dude.......Google here you come. I too run a MySpace site and do quite well with it....Your getting 30k Un a day and I know what kind of money that is.....

PGZ

PGZ, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  8. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, this sucks. Now publishers are also repsonsible for traffic quality? What next? How can a publisher possibly control who clicks on their ads? I wonder if advertisers can be so picky about other means of advertising; print media, tv, radio, etc...

SamOwen, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  9. Savant

Savant Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm... it all seems a bit... strange to me. It is ok for Yahoo to target poorly during their beta of YPN, but it is not ok to run ads on sites that attract an audience of mostly 18-21 year olds?

I am really sorry about what happened to you, it really is sad (kind of like losing any other job I suppose), but with the ammount of traffic you are pulling in, I really think that you should at least get a bit more of an explanation. My guess is that you are generating a nice bit of revenue.

Would you mind disclosing the site you ran?

Savant, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  10. Chrisal67

Chrisal67 Active Member

Best Answers:
    See the post here about geotargetting..... http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=75962 I installed the script I found it much easier then phpadsnew and the customer service and support is great. If you have any problems they will walk you through it and trouble shoot for you.

Chrisal67, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  11. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    I am using PhpAdsnew and I've asked a few people and I now get 100% US traffic and all my other traffic goes to AdSense which makes me a few extra bucks a day not much but at least I don't get crap from YPN for getting international traffic.

ArcticPro, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  12. adill420

adill420 Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry to hear that faisal. do you mind sharing with us what category of ads were you targetting?

my assumption is that yahoo is more of cpa type rather than just cpc/ecpm based. somehow they are monitoring the conversion rate

but then thats just an assumption

adill420, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  13. S2X

S2X Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that sucks man.

I guess I better start showing relevant ads rather than high paying ads that have nothing to do with my sites topics =/

S2X, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  14. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    My friend who runs a myspace site has gotten this email today at 5 pm (the time I got a phone call):

--------------------------------------------
    Hello *Friends name*,

I have attempted to reach you personally to discuss this matter but the phone number we have is invalid.

As part of our efforts to ensure high-quality traffic for advertisers on the Yahoo! Publisher Network, we continuously monitor publisher attributes such as:

1. Sources of their traffic, including its geographical distribution.

2. Suspicious click activity.

3. Advertiser conversion rates.

4. Overall quality of leads generated on your site.

Unfortunately, due to poor traffic quality, we will be terminating your Yahoo! Publisher Network account ID as of end of day, Monday, May 1, 2006. In accordance with Sections 6(a) and 6(b) of the Yahoo! Publisher Network terms and conditions, we will not include clicks from non-U.S. users or otherwise invalid clicks in your payment. We have refunded amounts generated from the non-U.S. users and otherwise invalid clicks to our advertisers and will pay any remaining amount owed to you in accord with the Terms and Conditions.
    --------------------------------------------

be warned.. :(

15. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    God, does this mean we should pull out all ads on myspace sites just to be safe?

I know a couple of us website eaters at least have our hands on one or two myspace sites.

This is not looking good. :(

keikor, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  16. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    I switched to more relevent ads IMO of education / computer-internet ads. Now the question is will this work? Will these ads convert? Who knows.

17. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What site is he running?

ForgottenCreature, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  18. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    i'm not sure if he wants me to reveal them to be honest. he had a good 40k+ uniques coming in a day i believe on 2 or 3 sites.

19. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They always have been. Doesn't anyone read the TOS they agree to? :rolleyes: :D

yo-yo, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  20. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're being silly. They need to be able to monetize of all internet traffic. myspace.com was purchased for half a billion dollars. If Myspace can make money off of their visitors, Yahoo should be able to aswell. They've been in BETA for 9 months. Great pay and great customer supports. Their software needs work more than their publishers. I guess closing our accounts until they figure it out is the way they're going to solve the problem. Just giving my honest take on the matter..

r32faisal, Apr 29, 2006 IP