1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Pagerank Dead?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Renuka Prasad Yadav, Jun 13, 2016.

1. irfansyah

irfansyah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not all just a few...

irfansyah, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  2. sofaleather

sofaleather Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think page rank is not dead because i hear that Google just hide it from page rank bar for Seoer dont concentrate on it.

sofaleather, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  3. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, just a few meaning Google people only. So, that means it's not dead just like I said.

If it was dead, that would mean that nobody is using it. ;)

ulterios, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  4. Alor Nishan

Alor Nishan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So many times google is not updating its pagerank status.

Alor Nishan, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's hardly surprising to anyone who has actually read this thread.

sarahk, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  6. ulterios

Best Answers:
    Google IS updating PageRank all the time, they just do not let the public know about it. It's their own inside information that they keep to themselves.

It is constantly update but not made available to the public so that people can not "Game" their system and get a benefit in rankings without earning them. It does have flaws, but that's some of Google's thinking.

ulterios, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  7. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, its true page rank is dead but SEO is live, Ranking factor and page rank both are different thing so I don't think you should be worry about PR, you can start SEO for your website.

Aryans, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  8. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    About PR? It is already irrelevant. I just stated facts.
    Why you think your answer is relevant? You are so sure that Google still use it internally yet you say "..it must have some value"
    There you go, quoted it for you ^_^

Patricia Ann Lee, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  9. sethuram

sethuram Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whats the point if you are still looking at PR which is not updated by Google? Even though they use internally.

Better stop looking at PR and Domain Authority is the new ranking factor.

sethuram, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  10. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What a load of nonsense. DA is NOT used by any search engine in their ranking algorithms, so how the f is it the "the new ranking factor"?

Agent000, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  11. ulterios

Best Answers:
    It's relevant, just that Google is the only ones who know about it's updates and status. They ARE updating it always, it's updated internally and not available to the public. Do some research on the authority SEO sites and with Google webmasters and you'll see it's true.

It's relevant because it's true and can be seen if you do some research in the proper places and not on spam sites that know nothing. It's amazing what you can find out if you look in the right places.

It does have value to Google in their rankings and to website owner. However, Google took away people's ability to game the system and buy PR links, sites, domains and such to get links and gain an unearned advantage.

ulterios, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  12. ulterios

Best Answers:
    You should probably slow down and go back and read my posts before you go making up false statements. Where exactly did I say that I was "Looking at PR"?

All it takes is to read more of the thread than the last post and you might know a little bit of what you are talking about.

PLEASE show me where I said I am "Looking at PR"!

13. ExtremeIM

ExtremeIM Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's not updated by google now. you can refer to other metrics such as domain authority, page authority, trust flow, and citation flow if you're into seo

ExtremeIM, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  14. ulterios

Best Answers:
    Actually that's not correct. It is updated by Google but the public doesn't have access to it anymore. Google has stated that they are still using ut but they are not going to let the public have access to it and they are keeping it for internal use by Google only.

Here's a nice article from an authority site with accurate information on Google's change to PageRank:
    https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-pagerank-official-shuts-doors-public/161874/

Here is an important piece of information:

"Google will still be using PageRank score when determining how to rank content in search results, but individual webmasters will not have access to their PageRank score."

Since Google is the only on who can see what PageRank scores and data are, these that you mentioned are some good metrics to use since the public has no PR information anymore. ;)

15. Kabul

Kabul Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes, currently Google doesn't value page rank PR anymore, rather there're certain other factors that Google consider for high ranking. For instance; quality back links from authority sites, quality content, high number of internal linking, site speed etc. For best results you need to do both on-page and off-page optimization for your site.
    For the last 1 year I'm working on a project i.e; Dubai Poster website in Kabul Afghanistan believe me I got awesome results. Now the site owner is very happy, because I'd drive a huge traffic. Though it is a bit tricky and complicated job still you can do it if you plan so ~

Kabul, Jun 22, 2016 IP
  16. ulterios

Best Answers:
    Yes they do value it because they are still using it. Why would they use PageRank internally if they don't value it? They are just not letting the public have any information about PageRank like they used. They are still using PageRank in their ranking factors but the PageRank information is kept for their use only. So, Google is still using it but we the public do not know what the PageRank is for any website.

Read this article listed below:

Here's a nice article from an authority site with accurate information on Google's change to PageRank:
    https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-pagerank-official-shuts-doors-public/161874/

Here is an important piece of information from it:

"Google will still be using PageRank score when determining how to rank content in search results, but individual webmasters will not have access to their PageRank score."

There is lots of good information around the web about what Google is doing with PageRank now, just check some authority sites and you'll learn more about it.

ulterios, Jun 22, 2016 IP
  17. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever you say man it is still irrelevant. You know why Google stopped updating its PR toolbar?
    Because people go crazy about it. They overdo strategies that they think will help increase their PR but didn't succeed, until Google decided to shut it down; for people to stop working on numbers (PR).

Patricia Ann Lee, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  18. TREYC

TREYC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    In the words of Bishop Bullwinkle...

Hell 2 da naw naw!

It's just outdated is all ;)

TREYC, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  19. jayadeep

jayadeep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should do seo for any site still page rank is there

jayadeep, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  20. ulterios

Best Answers:
    PageRank is not dead, just hidden from the public eye. Only Google knows what it is know and they are using it internally still. We as the general public just have no accurate way to know what the current PR for a site is.

MORE INFO - HERE

ulterios, Jul 13, 2016 IP