1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Clickbank down?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by LilPutian, Oct 10, 2008.

I normally convert 5-10 sales per day, yesterday I started out the day great I had 5 sales by 8am. Its 430pm now (CST) and not a sale since. I am just curious if something is wrong over at CB or am I just extremely unlucky?

LilPutian, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  2. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank blows...

Supper, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  3. badar100

badar100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally. How's your experiment with Paydotcom by the way? I'm sick and tired of this freaking Clickbank

badar100, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea I was cranking along with CB with a couple of 20 sale days but usually averaging 5 a day and either CB decided to close the spicket or the economy did.

SoCalDude, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  5. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    i suspect the economy is at least part of it, thinks haven't looked this black for a long time ... not sure what it's like with the tv news in the states, but in the UK every hour it's "you'll lose your job, your house is worth much less than you paid for it, your pension is gone, everything is more expensive" :eek:

antantnz, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  6. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Bad. Paydotcom doesn't have the variety I'm looking for, so I'm literally starting from scratch with it. I might have to breakdown and sign up at CJ again.

Supper, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  7. SEOTherapy

SEOTherapy Banned

Best Answers:
    competition I guess?

SEOTherapy, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  8. kinitex

kinitex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the economy is affecting some niches a lot more than some people think.

kinitex, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  9. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah its been abit slow for me too, but got 3 sales today!! the USA is the biggest market to get sales from and at the moment people are spooked and as a result are holding their money close to their chest!! Be patient guys things will come right

Patchkaa, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  10. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    even though I've still been generating sales, something still isn't quite right, I received 2 emails form customers saying they've been trying to buy and are not able to. And they've been trying to pay with paypal. Who knows..

This isn't rocket science.

The question is;
    When are we all gonna stop complaining and all get together and make our own program? We have all we need here, publishers, affiliates..
    The number 1 problem with other programs is quality products to promote. Well, if we all stick together on this we could pull off something awesome, and it would be much better for us all.

What if there was a program made by publishers and affiliates and actually communicated with members? There is a few great affiliate programs, cj,pepperjam,even epn, but they way clickbank does it is still the best. Digital products only; profit margins will always be higher this way..

I'll help if others will....:D

eikliw, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  11. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd agree with this - and I had even laid out a plan many months ago as something I would want to do. However, when investigating the costs of setting up such a program, covering all legal angles and then driving it forward... it was beyond my financial ability.

The very basics involve setting up a company (limited liability likely the best option, but with other people involved, possibly a partnership arrangement - loads of legalities to cover in that version). It also requires a payment processor (CB works on paypal backend... so maybe trying to look at googlecheckout or some other merchant account would also be required).

On top of that, there is legal requirements and responsibilities for fraud detection and prevention - can be costly.

Overall, it can be done but would require collective effort and an some decent funds to start up... and that is when it gets more difficult to communicate unless there are a few full-time staff... which also brings in employment legislation etc.

Ganceann, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  12. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Duplicate clickbank and make it better? Piece of cake - I'll have it done by morning and it will be flawless forever.

NCMedia, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  13. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah I have to agree, you'll have to get some big investor to pull that one off

Patchkaa, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  14. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    ehhh...

wouldn't be that far outta reach... c'mon guys, as publishers and affiliates, naturally, we're dreamers. and thats the best way to be. thats called progress.
    clickbank has done a great thing dont get me wrong, but it can and will be done better eventually. like all industries, a pioneer company begins,has a good run, then eventually becomes outdated and loses its market share to a company with fresh ideas.(i.e. microsoft vs apple)

what clickbank didn't have when it started was a ready network of experienced publishers as well as affiliates to push products. They also didn't have the many trials and errors we've all experienced in this business.

One person couldn't do this, but a few of us could. An agreement with Google Checkout? that would be an idea...

no company can ever claim to be completely flawless, but based on experience, I bet we can jump a heck of a lot further ahead than clickbank.
    secure guaranteed payment processing and regular contact with it's members.. ok, there's a huge step there, how about hosting all the digital products we sell; securing not only delivery, but payment processing.

legal angles can be covered easily; all parties involved bind into a partnership,each contributing an equal share of money and/or expertise/labor, file the legal docs for the company and bam! up and running

not one big investor, but many smaller investors..

hell I'd put up at least 10k right now if anyone was serious, if we had 10 of us do that we would start with 100k, you can leverage that very well.

Get that into motion, and I guarantee we could pitch it to a venture capital firm and walk out with more than anything else we would need.

don't ask why, ask why not!

this wouldn't be rocket science, especially considering THIS IS WHAT WE DO!:D

eikliw, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  15. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    The hosting the digital products was also in my plan - it would also enable us to deliver exact stats/tracking to each affiliate and help improve affiliate performance for those who are not performing as well as they could (given the amount of effort they put in etc).

A partnership also needs to cover everything - including what happens if someone wants out, if anyone else is able to come in, voting rights within the partnership, liability of each partner, role of each partner specific to daily operations... I could go on... you'd be looking at $10k - $20k probably in lawyer fees to sort every single aspect out for the partnership (depending on how many partners involed PLUS you'd still need to ensure all legal loopholes for the operation are duely covered).

Ganceann, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  16. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    see, you've already thought about this, and worked out solutions to general problems that may arise. Perfect! That's a start. More people contributing ideas,thoughts,questions to this could create a great program we can all enjoy. i started a new thread on the matter:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1061918

eikliw, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  17. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah well with the global economy like it is dudes I doubt you'll get investors!! People are holding onto their money these days

Patchkaa, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  18. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:

nah dude, no doubt were in a slump, but its only temporary.
    and its not affecting everyone.
    just think, this is really a once in a lifetime chance to buy stocks for half their value!
    and trust me a lot of people are banking off the current market (like me).
    and i just got a loan from the bank to buy more stock; they've got mucho money to hand out.
    people will spend again. and soon. :D

eikliw, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  19. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually clickbank system is very simple. Its just tracking of affiliate ids (when it works at least) and the rest is the payment gateway, which anyone that was ever involved in such systems can tell you that clickbank's is very basic.

The only problem is legal stuff to cover your ass against law suits from clickbank for example. The payment gateway needs to be pci compliant and thers a big monthly fee for that. Since clickbank recieves all the money on his account and then issue the checks, it will involve extra fees and security measures...

Then even if the system is up, the problem is to attract publishers and affiliates....But still, im sure that we (as DP) would be able to get it done if we ever join our forces

web_18designer, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  20. lisa27

lisa27 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad someones noticed this my hops have incresed a lot the past weeks and I've tripled my Ads exposure but no sales whatsoever and I've been averaging 2 a week!

This is no good at all!

:(

lisa27, Oct 11, 2008 IP