1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is clickbank any good?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by chronage, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, you should try to bring more traffic, create more articles, youtube videos, and stuff like that to drive targeted traffic and more hops each day.

Ripped, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  2. goliath

goliath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah if you believe that a vendor has made a million, and you're seeing most products in the 60 - 75% commission range, it's easy math to see that some affiliates made as much as 3 million in the process.

There's an impressive amount of money changing hands every day. The counter on the clickbank site may be a gimmick, but in so many years of doing business it's not that unbelievable.

goliath, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  3. simply-seo

simply-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Let them laugh, if they really know why they are laughing. :D
    Comparison is what i did and there are many great sites that are performing far better than click bank a clever affiliate is who invest his time on good supplier with smart work,
    I mentioned IMHO dont you noticed that ?

Then you need to understand how people got familiar with this affiliate marketers, and those who don't know this mostly don't buy a product on internet (through affiliate)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    simply-seo, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  4. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Again you are talking crap. You said clickbank was an "utter waste " when clearly it is not. Comparison to what?, you are not backing your statement up with anything factual, just making a stupid statement.

Although I can barely understand what you are saying but you seem to think people know what a clickbank link is, well I'm sorry to say that the massive majority of people haven't got a clue as to what an affiliate link is and whats more an even bigger majority have never heard of clickbank let alone a clickbank link, again your talking out of your butt hole!

terryd, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  5. elgregro

elgregro Peon

Best Answers:
    clickbank for the internet noob is ass.

elgregro, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  6. zk5182

zk5182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank has good digital products but their payment system suckksss and that what ticks off affilaite, I have received payment for sales done since the last month ..I ve posted a thread below

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1533539

If anyone has the same issue please let me know how to contact them as I ve had no response to my mails to their support center

zk5182, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  7. mushu

mushu Peon

Best Answers:
    do not use it more money for us. :) why you come to this group asking that question

mushu, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  8. chronage

chronage Peon

Best Answers:
    clickbank is rubbish in my experience but you can still use twitter as means of traffick

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
    chronage, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  9. Lotos1

Lotos1 Peon

Best Answers:
    ClickBank is not used to bring traffic. I think you confused it with something else. Just promote a product that sells well that that is currently wanted, and you'll make some money on CB but you won't get rich. I have not made any money yet with CB, but that's OK. The gravity for the products I was promoting was below 100 so I knew I would not make any sales quickly and the niche is also very competitive. I will wait a little more and then substitute it with some other affiliate program.

Lotos1, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  10. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm somewhat reluctant to get involved in yet another conversation based on "misunderstandings about what 'gravity' is and what it measures", but at the same time, I'm fascinated by the above statement, albeit in a slightly macabre kind of way. Why do you imagine that the gravity of a product you're promoting might affect the speed with which you'd make a sale?! :eek:

alexa_s, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  11. chronage

chronage Peon

Best Answers:
    thesmarterfish.com is the site that claims clickbank are no good or at least the products are no good

chronage, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  12. chronage

chronage Peon

Best Answers:
    im not confused most affiliates on twitter are using CB and thats why i mentioned twitter

chronage, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  13. digitalkey

digitalkey Peon

Best Answers:
    It's hard to make money with CB these days. CJ is a little bit better.

digitalkey, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  14. aladinhw

aladinhw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is used for CPA offers more then Clickbank offers

aladinhw, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  15. Lotos1

Lotos1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know what gravity means. Products with low gravity that have been on CB for a while do not sell as well as the ones with higher gravity and that's the bottom line. If you want the full definition of gravity, it is the number of affiliates that made sales of a particular product in the past 8 weeks. Many products on CB have very low gravity, and this means affiliates in general are not making much money. Only a few products have gravity over 500 and as you might have guessed it, those products also have very stiff competition. If you know so much, why don't you tell us how much you make on CB as an affiliate? Are you even an affiliate on CB?

Lotos1, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  16. johnevans

johnevans Peon

Best Answers:
    Some will succeed profitably and some won't. CB has been around a long time and wouldn't be if no one made money there. As with any kind of business, your effort will determine your results.

johnevans, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  17. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually it means no such thing at all.

Here's a little example, which might possibly clarify the issues for a few people:-

Clickbank Product A
    - Sales-page conversion-rate 2.8%
    - Solid product from well-known marketer
    - Product has almost no refund requests
    - He has 20 affiliates of whom 10 are superaffiliates who sell huge numbers of the product
    - Product is easy to promote and sell
    - Sales numbers are therefore very high, but the gravity figure is obviously very low (maybe around 10)

Clickbank Product B
    - Sales-page conversion-rate 0.2%
    - Crappy product from scammy marketer
    - Refund request-rate is higher, of course
    - Product had a "professional launch" with 100 "temporary affiliates" (accounts used once each to buy one product, privately refunded, and/or the figures were massaged in one of the other "customary ways")
    - Product is obviously a complete and utter nightmare to promote and sell because the sales-page doesn't convert well
    - Gravity figure starts out at about 110, and rapidly rises to 150/200 because gullible affiliates are attracted by the gravity figure, believing wrongly that it "validates the fact that the product is selling very well", and they all struggle and waste time/money, but eventually they obviously make 1 or 2 sales each anyway, and for this reason the gravity figure rises still further to 250/300 as the inevitable consequence of its self-fulfilling prophecy for the naive.

Obviously enough, product A has a very low gravity (which according to some people, apparently means "affiliates in general are not making very much money" :eek: :D ).

Product "B" is the high gravity product on which, as you can see, most affiliates will be losing money while the product's gravity climbs.

Which one would you like to be an affiliate for? ;)

These examples are in no way contrived. They're actually both realistic and common.

Indeed so ... your efforts, whether they're misplaced, and your degree of understanding of the information provided.

Like many before me, and many now, and many to come, I struggled with Clickbank for 6 months before making a living. Partly because I misunderstood what "gravity" measured, and believed what I read in forum posts from members like our friend Lotos1 above, imagining that "they must know what they're talking about". :eek:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
    alexa_s, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  18. Lotos1

Lotos1 Peon

Best Answers:
    alexa_s, you still have not said how much you actually make on CB. Also, if you think that there are only 20 affiliates promoting a product and 10 make loads of sales (according to your story), then you're are wrong. There are tens of thousands of affiliates on CB and I'm pretty sure that every product has more than 20 people trying to promote it. You may be right in the case when a product is still new and not many people have started promoting it. But believe me, products that sell well also get competition very quickly. Gravity does not mean directly how well you will sell the product, but at least gives you an idea if people are buying the product and how many people are making some money from it. It's a way to measure popularity of a product but does not guarantee that you will be successful promoting it. I would still like to know how successful you are as an affiliate.

Lotos1, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  19. HowDoYou

HowDoYou Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a good place to find niches that are less saturated.

HowDoYou, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  20. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I haven't, because my examples and explanation are simple and factual and require no earnings representation to vouch for their credibility or accuracy. Their logic is self-evident and irrefutable.

They wouldn't be worth any more (or less) if I made $6,000 per month rather than $3,000 per month: it's completely irrelevant.

If you're "pretty sure that every product on Clickbank has more than 20 people trying to promote it" you're living in a dream-world.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
    alexa_s, Oct 17, 2009 IP