1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to invite OTHER G ads on pages

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by hans, Oct 3, 2004.

An accident with results - how to invite OTHER G ads on pages

a few weeks ago i used one of my testing pages ( normally not linked ) to test adsense rotation ...
    title and everything optimized for G adsense ..
    after the tests were finished - i removed part of the text and a few days later i tested a new poll script for my forums.

just accidentally the G adsense text in-line was immediately BEFORE the poll box

the entire page had VERY ( totally ) different text form the poll box.

the poll at

http://www.kriyayoga.com/var/testing.html

was among others about languages and contained - in regular fonts ... i.e. NO H or B or i tags ...
    it contained these options

YES - but in different language
    in German language
    in French language
    in Spanish language

and today i went back to that testing page for a new test ...
    and saw amidst a page with other content and other keywords
    a G adsense directly related to languages ..

very apparently as a direct result of a.m. 4 repeated select-options from my poll. this one poll with just a short few new keywords was inviting a new advertiser.

this leads to the possibility that actually it may be possible amidst a page of ANY content to INVITE an adsense of a totally different keyword group ..

now its already 7:58 and the working night was long .. but as i know me i may soon create another poll on another page and see what the result is.

of course i have G filtered out of my domain - because on that page immediately after creation there was but ONE advertiser G .. and that was far too boring because i thought that all who are interested in the topic of THAT original page have already adsense - hence no need for G to occupy all ad space - like on may pages Shawn has HERE.

now i have interesting new "guests" - i will test, it may take a few weeks - an dlet you know of the outcome.

since this case is a very precise result,
    i would be interested if anyone else also has experienced a precise situation of totally different keyword-advertisers due to a group of text or keywords amidst other text ??

hans, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  2. younghistorians

younghistorians Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have no idea what you're trying to say.

younghistorians, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  3. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    with other words
    its about how to invite OTHER / different adsense ads into a page page using ONE set of keywords
    such may be of interest to create a change in ads appearing

like all the pages about adsense
    of course are more or less full with ONE single adsense ad ---> G
    hence boring for all those being HERE almost daily

with such a change - totally different - may be even MORE interesting ads can be invited ...
    for a reason of course !

hans, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So what you are saying is if you had a website about chickens and then changed the title to Dogs and the keywords were all about dogs and the content was dog related that Google would display dog related ads?

Yup, that is how it is supposed to work.

NewComputer, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  5. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    i am running a site the caters different keywords. Since adsense relates on the content of the website it display different keyword related ads...

melfan, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  6. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    Is this what HANS is really trying to say?

That he can have a page which is optimsed for DOGS in title, content, etc that you would nomally see Adsense Ads for DOGS,

BUT, by placing the CAT in a certain position near the ad block, he can get Adsense to display Adsense Ads for CATS

nadlay, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  7. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i said
    you optimize for real MAIN content - that is for G search engine and all other SE,

but in the MIDDLE of your dog or cat or fish content .. or whatever
    you may create a small island about frogs and have frog-adsense - or about bikini and have binikini adsense ...
    or about pizza ... may be just something from the OPPOSITE as a "color spot of spicy complimentary add"

since i love to test,
    i will test more soon and let you now - each test with a published page to verify and copy the principle if you love to do so.

just have a look at my testing page - soruce-code ! and visible text

it happend accidently
    i did the page in full for what the title is - just for Google request i sent a few weeks ago about howto SSI adsense.
    then i remove the text - but leaving all descr. and title meta etc optimized for Google adsense
    and added the poll for testing

and forgot about all

all is still fully optimised for G adsense and the only way i got G adsense about G adsense OUT of that page and my entire domain is by filtering Google.

but next to the small text-island ( poll ) about languages i have a clean language add about the totally different topic

hence

among all the boring stuff - a totally different but of public interest add MAY apear MORE attractive for the readers ... may be

just make sure you SEE that like in my testing page the adsense CODE INLINE is NEXT to and on top of the island with OTHER content/keywords .

it's never about where it is optically - but the INLINE proximity matters
    and MAY be it matters whether the text is above or below ..

but as seen in the sample i used NO title or any highlighted version of text for the 4 language related word combinations that triggered THAT language add.

hans, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  8. johncr

johncr Peon

Best Answers:
    Hans,

The ads your see at your location are not the same at other's location. This is true even if you use the Preview Tool.

johncr, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  9. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Hans, what you're saying is quite true.
    A recent example. I operate a real estate website. I recently added a couple of entertainment links (sci-fi) directly below the ad by coincidence. Lo and behold, within no time at all, Adsense was trying to hock moon property sales ! :)

Needless to say I relocated them which fixed the problem, but in essence, proximity is a major factor in augmenting what Adsense shows. :)

john_loch, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  10. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    So is the lesson to be learned here, that

the text immediately below the Adsense box

is the most important on-page factor to determine the relevance of the displayed ads?

nadlay, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  11. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Similarly, i noticed in this thread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=3802 the ads being about (you might have to refresh once or twice) bird cages. So it's definitely not the title being the most important AdSense trigger. It's not the text below the ads either because that's the standard DP forum header, repeating the title again. In fact, the whole page on that thread is more about google and SEO words than bird cages but somehow G decides it's about bird cages etc. indeed.

Maybe it evaluates outgoing links as well?

T0PS3O, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  12. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tested a lot about Adsense and how to trigger other ads (since my website was updated daily, the ads would change too the new content too, but that didn't work).

Some people say that proximity is a plus in trigering adsense ads, but I dind't find that usefull... I think is more related to keyword density and copy size that other thing, but this is my personal conclusion, don't put any money on what I say... ;)

eduardomaio, Oct 6, 2004 IP