1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Get 15,000 Visitors From StumbleUpon In 1 Month

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by amosgoh, Nov 1, 2008.

1. lpstoops

lpstoops Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great post. Lost of helpful information regarding traffic generations, and the best part is that there are facts to back it up. I have written a thread on warrior (http://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...ost-effective-methods-traffic-generation.html) and here at DP (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1089112), about generating traffic. I think this applies to both threads well. I'm new to this methods (not to SU), but exchanging discoveries. I'm excited to try it out with some of my blogs. Thanks!

lpstoops, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  2. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The visitors that you are going to get are going to leave once they have saw your site.

Chancey, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  3. moonwalker

moonwalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post. I have seen strange fluctuations in my stumble traffic. Sometimes I get a couple hundred visitors and sometimes none.

moonwalker, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  4. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    @Chancey It all depends on the topic the visitors are interested in. If they are interested in blogging, they would have stayed and read more about my site. These are the ones that I aimed to convert them to potential readers.

That is what marketing is all about. Exposing to as much people as possible and then trying to retain them to become part of the community. If this isn't the best strategy used in growing a blog, would you like to share on your point of view? Would be interested to know more ways to market a blog.

@moonwalker That is what I experienced too. Different timing as to when your article are discovered on Stumble Upon plays a part too. To me, discovering my articles between 8pm-10pm(GMT+8) gets the most traffic. You can tried to use this time to test it out again.

amosgoh, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  5. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    interesting post but i just can't understand why people bother. stumble upon traffic is extremely poor (such is the nature of these sites) and conversion must be ridiculously low.

geoiss2004, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  6. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you that stumbleupon conversion is low but if you can drive 15,000 traffic to your site and convert 1% of it into regular readers, it would mean 150 readers for a blog per month. Within half a year of effort, you are talking about close to 1k regular readers. And this is just from 1 source.

Of course if your blog is already established, you would not have to look at social networking as a source of traffic. But this will help if you are trying to grow a new blog and getting it expose to as much community as possible. However, I must warn that stumbleupon traffic are not good for clicking on adsense. But gaining regular readers are much more important than just a few dollars from adsense since you can earn some affiliate sales from your readers instead.

amosgoh, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  7. bikiassam

bikiassam Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice insights. I liked your blog too. Thanks for sharing. I am working to get my first $1000 per month from my blog.

bikiassam, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  8. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure you could get even more if you work harder. I am pretty busy in school thus unable to devote more time on blogging or I would have make more.

amosgoh, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  9. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    There has been a lot of PMs asking me if I have a fixed group of social networking group which help in stumbles. I thought I will just post it here to clear the doubts.

The answer is yes, I do have a fixed group helping to promote each other article. But we only promote our best articles and not on every single one. It is good to have one group like this in your initial stage of blogging to help to build up your online exposure. Building relationship with your fellow bloggers are essential if you want to make money through blogging eventually.

amosgoh, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  10. fouzie

fouzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Wei can you send me too? I like your blog theme too.

fouzie, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  11. karlp295

karlp295 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just starting out with stumbleupon as ı notice low bounce rates from my visitor traffic coming from this source. I will invetsigate further and thanks for the tips...

karlp295, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  12. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    @ronmac I appreciate your effort to help the community by helping to keep this thread alive.

@fouzie I send the link whereby I bought the theme from. Sad to say this is not a free theme but it is definitely very affordable in my opinion.

@karlp295 I will definitely appreciate if you can contribute to the accuracy of this technique as well. Do share with DP members on the results.

amosgoh, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  13. SydneyWhite

SydneyWhite Peon

Best Answers:
    How about your CTR and eCPM from stumbleupon traffic? Mine is so low :(

SydneyWhite, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  14. uzair21

uzair21 Peon

Best Answers:
    And I was part of your marketing as I am your SU friend and you have been sharing your stuff with me lately. I recognised your avatar.

uzair21, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  15. a2bdir

a2bdir Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing your information , may be we can make a teamwork in social networks we can support our websites in stumbleupon or digg

a2bdir, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  16. cipals15

cipals15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am still building friends in stumbleupon and none of them wanted to share their expertise in stumbleupon. Thanks for your share. Maybe you could give us your stumbleupon account? so that we could add you as friend.

cipals15, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  17. imi_99

imi_99 Peon

Best Answers:
    can we get targetted traffic from stumbleupon. e.g from uk.

imi_99, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  18. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really depend on PPC ads make my income online. In fact, I am more focus on building up my readership first thus social bookmarking sites are a great source.

I agree with you the CTR and eCPM is low for stumble upon traffic and it is difficult to get the traffic to click on your ads as well since the bounce rate could be pretty high. Why don't try establishing a group of readers and earn through affiliate sales?

Hi uzair,

I recognized you as well. I do send my request to my Stumble Upon friends and you happen to be one of them buddy. But I am talking about another group that I have which we contact with each other via EMAIL.

This are the ones that are really actively promoting my stuffs. We believe that helping each other will increase the rate of your exposure. Are you interested in joining me in this group as well?

Hi cipals15,

I don't really want to add more friends from Stumbleupon because I simply met too many there that are not helping. Kinda disappointed with that honestly. If you are interested, you can PM your email and I will kindly add you into my social media group. Currently I have 3 DP members waiting to enter. So I was thinking to wait for a few more days before I officially get them to enter the group with a few rules to bear.

Sorry if this sounds too much for you but this group carefully selects members. We prefer quality to quantity.

No we can't. We are unable to control the traffic that comes from Stumbleupon. You may even find those that aren't interested in your topic to arrive at your site and it all bores down on how good your content is to convert them to become your regular readers.

amosgoh, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  19. alexei_aus

alexei_aus Active Member

Best Answers:
    i heard stumbleupon traffic doesnt convert very well. 1% is great.

congratulations

alexei_aus, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  20. tchr52170

tchr52170 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great posts here. I am just new in the SEO and really wonder how to get more traffic. I'd follow your advice, guys and maybe I can increase my visitors.

tchr52170, Nov 5, 2008 IP