1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 5 Most Effective Methods for Traffic Generation

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by lpstoops, Oct 31, 2008.

I'd like to start a thread targeted to the 5 most effective ways to general traffic. Now, before some of you jump to say there are more that 5 effective methods of traffic generation, I'd like to say the point of this thread is to offer the best starting point for anyone new to online marketing. I'd like to know your opinions for traffic generation that will best serve others who are just starting out.

We need to highlight the least technical, quickest results, and longest lasting traffic generation strategies that will be easiest for the newest of marketers to implement.

I'll list mine first, you all list yours and the final thread post before we close the thread will list the definitive solutions that best suit the needs of new marketers.

1. Social Traffic: Facebook, Myspace, Twitter
    2. Forums: like this one and others
    3. Article: unique content posted to top article directories
    4. Video: submit video to youtube, google video, etc.
    5. Blog/lenses: wordpress, blogger, squidoo

I'll get into the formatting of each in later entries. I just wanted to get this topic started for others to post their advice.

Let's keep this friendly and full of rich advice, keeping the new guys in mind.

Thanks,

Jonathan

lpstoops, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  2. adigital

adigital Peon

Best Answers:
    Well for each traffic method there is a different way of how to monetize the traffic. Getting 100 targeted visitors from an article is greater than having a video on YouTube that has more than 100,000 views. But does the video tells people to visit "that" website? If your squidoo page ranks well on G! then you will hit success for sure. Lenses sites are great for list building. Also with social traffic you could get 100X more than all other traffic methods but it might not converted well! It is all about getting the right people at the right product.

adigital, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  3. events

events Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pay per click

events, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  4. eSlacK

eSlacK Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, pay per click and cpm works great...

eSlacK, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  5. naman

naman Banned

Best Answers:
    I am trying mobile marketing and Sms marketing to get success in my online business. And it is really beneficial till now.

naman, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  6. arcturus1

arcturus1 Member

Best Answers:
    Other options include link and banner exchange programs such as Spottt, Entrecard and Publicity Wheel (see sig) :)

arcturus1, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  7. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    does twitter really help?

toby, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  8. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic is such an exhaustive term that it is impossible to arrive at a general conclusion and has different meanings to different webmasters.

aspire, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  9. fouzie

fouzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, can you tell me how to get traffic from facebook? I have facebook account with many friends, but don't know how to get traffic from it

fouzie, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  10. camp185

camp185 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just started using it about two months ago. Looking at Octobers stats I got 182 hits from them with the average visitor looking at 4.25 pages. In October I had less than 150 followers so I imagine if you have a few thousand following, Twitter traffic could be substantial.

camp185, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  11. lpstoops

lpstoops Peon

Best Answers:
    It does. Depending on the people you're following or who are following you, and how active you are. The big G love twitter, and people are extremely active on twitter creating a cesspool of traffic. If you were to use a combinations of your links and other links in your posts, you'd see some great traffic coming through to your site.

lpstoops, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  12. lpstoops

lpstoops Peon

Best Answers:
    I offer three free videos that help you get traffic from social sites, and explain in some detail how to use facebook and myspace for marketing. You can find them here http://www.frontierinternetmarketing.com, or click on my signature.

lpstoops, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  13. lpstoops

lpstoops Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Within the first few days of using twitter I had nearly tripled my traffic for that site. It's great!

lpstoops, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  14. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to really disagree with your list. I get around 70 percent of my traffic from search engines. Any traffic with serious traffic is getting most of it from search engines but I do get some traffic from social bookmarking and social networks but the quality doesn't compare to the search engine traffic.

primeelite, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  15. lpstoops

lpstoops Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to stay away from PPC methods for right now. The idea is to help the new guys get great traffic without much expense. I agree that PPC is great (if you know how to use it), but it's pretty involved and requires a lot of attention so you don't blow your budget. Let's start with stuff that's free for now, and maybe get into that later.

Thanks!

lpstoops, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  16. davetdgs

davetdgs Peon

Best Answers:
    Kind of surprised ... I would have thought video would be listed at the top. Guess it's all in how you use it.

Technical Question - anyone have any problems with Camtasia from some sources? I get popping, clicking, skipping that seems to happen when I get videos from some people and not from others - on the same computer. How to fix it???

Dave T

davetdgs, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  17. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I personally like usng blogs, lenses, article for getting rankings and hence, traffic. Traffic from social networks isn't really good for the niches I'm into, it's not converting for me.

mixke, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  18. ilexx

ilexx Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of people dont utilize free advertising enough but there are great ways to turn your free advertising into sales by targeting it as much as possible.

Within things like traffic exchanges and different free programs, always take advantage of the banner and text ads because most times those clicks convert into sales so its good to always have your website rotating through their website and generate many sales throughout the day.

But also within all the things you are doing already with the forums and the social networks especially.. you want to always advertise with your banners and text ads because you will also generate some sales just from a simple banner.. depending on how effectively placed it is.

Nice post.. really appreciated it and so will many others..

ilexx, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  19. Alex Brooks

Alex Brooks Banned

Best Answers:
    I think this topic is about free advertising, but yeah, their great aswell.

Alex Brooks, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  20. SellingContent

SellingContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Yea your article isn't so direct but thanks for the share.

SellingContent, Nov 1, 2008 IP