1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does suicide bombing square with Islam?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mcfox, Dec 6, 2007.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Except that nothing on the scale of this happened until 9/11. It seems either a historical anomaly that will go away - by the collective will of Muslims and non-Muslims alike, or it was merely a spark to the underlying reality, and the world will be forever changed. I hope for the former.

northpointaiki, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  2. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    You realize that you are ONLY cherry picking what you want us to see right? There is plenty of sources that show you that real Muslims condone violence. If you seek to find with such passion as you did to find these select videos you will find tons of other stuff that shows the other side as well.

When you CONSTANTLY feed such one sided information you promote this:
    http://www.tolerance.org/news/article_hate.jsp?id=278

guru-seo, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    First, I have started another thread on the subject - would you mind reposting there?

Secondly, you need to be careful with your assumptions. As you have above in this thread, you are imputing to me a bias that doesn't exist. Above, I showed that my "passion" isn't drawn from news, but from working about 3 feet from a guy - someone in a position of authority in this City's Muslim community - who promulgated murder in the name of Islam, on his websites. I'm not "cherry picking" at all, and you need to stop assuming bias when there isn't any. In fact, I am asking - as close to praying as an atheist can be - for evidence to the contrary.

You mention there are plenty of sources. Please provide them. I would sincerely love to see them as this all troubles me quite deeply (it would be actually easier if I was simply an islamophobe, not as difficult as this for me to raise the questions).

4. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    It took me 20 seconds to find this crap.
    So what are Christians preaching here:
    http://www.lamblion.com/New08.php

http://www.ethicalatheist.com/docs/islam_infidels.html

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

guru-seo, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is not a criticism or anything, but do you know any Muslims NPT?

There has always been religious fanaticism and intolerance. Muslims are not different than anyone else. Unfortunately, American foreign policy, crafted by a small group of people who do NOT represent the will of most Americans, or the best interests of America have been shaping policy for over 50 years, and this has led to a rallying point for the fanatics.

Instead of defusing the Mullahs, all the foreign policy has done is served to inflame them. It's similar to Iraq, which had no Al Queda prior to the invasion. Now, there apparently is a lot of Al Queda, but even reports of that show that they are coming from other countries and inciting the Iraqis to march under their banner.

I'm not blaming America, but I will blame a few people both in America and abroad who have pursued policies that favor a small group financially at the expense of the safety of their people.

And the Mullahs aren't getting off the hook either. Many are poorly educated, backwards thinking, power hungry thugs. But they also are small in number. Yet when appealing to people who don't have a lot of hope, the message becomes powerful, even if it is amoral.

You can find just as much peace in the Koran as you can find hatred in the Hadiths. Organized religion has long been usurped for nefarious purposes. Personally, I think spirituality and faith are personal things, meant to be practiced in our heads and hearts, not in a temple, mosque or church.

guerilla, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    (Just a request - can we join on the other thread?)

I don't take it as an insult, guerilla, and yes, I have many friends that are Muslims - not casual acquaintances, but good friends, and we have discussed this. My concern is that I really see a dearth of public outcry against such crap, and I am left wondering why.

I agree with you that we in the west have done a horrible job understanding both the Arab world (as a secular concern) and the Islamic world, to include arabs and non-arabs alike; more, have mobilized latent conflicts where none existed before. I have posted the same here, many times. But at the heart of it, I want to know if we are at the crest of a brave new world of endless war, or the likes of al-qaeda will expire as much from within as from without.

7. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as we give them reasons to hate us they will use religion as a tool to immobilize extremists they will NEVER seize to exist. It is all because of foreign policy. How come we never had to deal with this shit during the cold war??? Cause we had a balance of power at least, whereas now we are stepping on everyones toes without much resistance. It is our foreign policy that is causing all the madness.

guru-seo, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  8. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    Right on guru seo!

grab my heat, Dec 8, 2007 IP