1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can you tell if Google is punishing you (because of the ad-network)?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by txchou, Apr 16, 2005.

1. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    the most obvious and the biggest difference is the point. the systems are totally different. other then the fact that they are text links, what is the same about them?

wendydettmer, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  2. PhilipB

PhilipB Peon

Best Answers:
    That they are text links and that they rotate. I just find it funny how it came out soon after the co op network

PhilipB, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  3. mattmdesign

mattmdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Shawn disagrees.

mattmdesign, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    He's free to do so, of course. How about you? :rolleyes:

minstrel, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  5. mattmdesign

mattmdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree also. Got any evidence of the coop helping a site rank well in google (lately)?

mattmdesign, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  6. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Well, it's hard to say definitively, of course, since SE ranking is based on many factors. But if you just want to look at PR, but probably http://www.psychlinks.ca/phpbb/

minstrel, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  7. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was just laughing at the chicken "coops" adsense ad here. Can't get enough of that poultry house construction.

jazzylee77, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Dear Jazzy:

We, the National Coalition on Chickens of America (NCCA), resent the implied racial (special?) slur of your post about the construction of chicken coops.

Chickens are people, too, you know! errr... Chickens need houses, too, you know!

Don't make us start a cluck-in! It's never pretty!

Signed,

NCAA Secretariat

9. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    exactly.

i have no proof that it doesn't, i just know that i haven't had success like i used too ... the sandbox effect makes it real hard to tell with new sites too.

and before you say "what sandbox, what proof have you?" ... i have 2 examples ... site was not in first 10 pages for 7 months and then on superbowl sunday ... **poof* ... #1.

that said ... i just got a PR 6 using coop alone! so for that ... it has merit for certain.

skattabrain, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  10. minstrel

Best Answers:
    That's my point: there are a lot of variables determining SE ranking...

PR, on the other hand, is a more direct result of number and quality of backlinks -- my psych forum has had coop links for a relatively short while and the PR increased in this last update after remaining stable for about a year -- could it have been something else? of course, but the most likely is the coop since nothing else has really changed.

11. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    supersizeme.com is top 5 for "McDonalds". Before the co-op, it was not top 1,000, and no on-site optimization done.

Truthfully, I thought it would have dropped down by now because it has not been running any co-op ads for about a week now... so it should drop back at some point.

digitalpoint, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  12. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Boo-yah!

Sorry, that was childish... :eek:

13. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    supersizeme.com is in the coop .... nice. which members site is that? (assuming it's public knowledge)

skattabrain, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  14. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:

:p Didn't mean to offend all the chicken farmers here...

jazzylee77, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  15. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Buh-gawk! :eek:

16. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Cheers to the thread that shall never die. Why? because we cannot tell for certain what roll the COOP plays in serps now with Google. My personal feeling is yes it still works with Google just not as well.

The latest PR update was indeed quite strange, not to infer that it has something to do with the COOP, of course. I know we are talking about COOP here but I can't help but notice the many times this thread has naturally evolved into PR. I think that some COOP links are still sliding through Google's link-curning algo (if there is any truth to the patent). My notations are WOW, to pages newly created. I created about 30,000 webpages in Feb 2005 within a well established domain. Very strange, all index pages of these 30,000 webpages are now PR 4 and the deepest pages are PR5 :confused: My IBL's doubled at Google...most of the ibl increase was directly from the COOP.

I now am convinced that the COOP still works well with Google. The question that I now have is, does the COOP help with PR? :confused: I know the answer Shawn would give would be the COOP was not designed to influence PR. Well I better end here.

Homer, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  17. Tapanti

Tapanti Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a really new web site (3 months old) and have not done anything to promote it or find links to it, etc.

I have just given it some weight in the Co-op for the last 2 months, and in the last PR update it went from PR0 to PR4... I'd say the Co-op works with Google. :D

And for those who might say PR isn't important anymore, I have noticed an important increase in my CPM for that channel in AdSense. But that is subject for another forum.

Bottom line is: I'm a believer and I'm convinced that this particular site will be ranking on the top positions in Google once it's out of the sandbox, as it is already dominating search results for its main keywords in MSN and Yahoo!

Tapanti, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  18. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    You to, eh? Did not want to get into that, but YES CPM is noticable greater in AS. I must confess I was beginning to wonder what PR was representative of, if anything. Google must tie in the smart pricing algo with PR.

So I can conclude that PR seems to be very 'important' with AS. But it seems to play a small roll in SERPs. As some have mentioned there are more that 100 factors that make up serps...I have to agree.

As far as COOP advertising. Those that think it is useless...YOUR WRONG. I started a thread a while ago and recieved a bad rep point from someone at DP. Whoever you are...eat your heart out :p

Homer, Apr 24, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  19. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a site that i used coop links on, no outbound links at all (coop not running on this site yet, using another sites weight) ... site is less than 2 months old - PR 6. :)

#'s are one thing... it's another to say that your phrase has awesome serps. never had an issue counting links, or getting pages indexed... but as far as turning "my phrase" into page #1 material ... it's effectiveness has slowed. of course ... the sandbox is a HUGE part of that equation as well.

skattabrain, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  20. minstrel

Best Answers:
    You mean incoming links, not outbound, right, skattabrain?

minstrel, Apr 24, 2005 IP