1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does the CO OP Actually work?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Homer, Mar 28, 2005.

I have seen this subject posted a few times now. I can say when I joined the CO OP this was my biggest concern.

I started using the CO OP network in December of 2004. I initially only activated a few small accounts. Once I was familiar with how things worked I started bringing some of my hightraffic domains into the picture.

Shown below is the Alexa ranking for one of my higher traffic domains. It was signed up at the end of January 2005.

[​IMG]

Although the CO OP was NOT designed to increase PR. I can say that SERPS with all SE's have improved greatly as you can see evidence of above.

Homer, Mar 28, 2005 IP
    mrdjkcool likes this.
  2. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Such Great Heights, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  3. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Yes I like charts too. That's why I posted them. I could also post the statstics I have keeping specific to this which, clearly point to one thing...the CO OP.

I have been blessed with a fair amout of weight (250k). I have also learned how to use it. It astonishes me that my serps slip...add a little more weight on this term...boom...a few days later back on my game.

My compliments to the author of this great program :)

Homer, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  4. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    How much weight in total did you add to get that ranking, did you vary with different anchor text? What is the age of your webiste? Have you been targetting this keyword phrase just for now or for a long time already. Do you think it is possible to bypass the backlinks dampening factor of new links by adding more weight?

crazyhorse, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  5. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Well let me preface this by saying that each webmaster/ website will have unique characteristics.

I have experimented with many types of keywords and keyphrases. If you are trying to develop a phrase like 'Sea Kayaking British Columbia' (OV Keyword Selector Tool 241) much less weight is required to see results in serps.

If you are developing a key phrase like, say 'google search engine' (OV Keyword Selector Tool 463,000) then more weight is required to see a similar result. How much more? I can't really say but I might suggest that there is a mathematical formula that you could apply.

Yes I did vary Anchor text and pointed to other pages within my site. It has come to Google's attention that many links to your index page signifies automated link partnerships resulting in less merit.
    Also varying your Anchor text helps...LSI is here now. So you need to learn how to use ~ ;) ...then create varying anchor text.

The website is 5 years old

Good question. I have been targetting this phrase for a while but at the same time the competion has been getting fierce. Prior to CO OP I was ranked 10-20 under this phrase.

I am not sure what you refer to http://forums.seochat.com/showthread.php?t=9756 possibly? If so it seems that PR you are talking about and this tool has nothing to do with PR. IF not please elaborate and I would be happy to give you an answer based on my experience

Homer, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  6. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i have read in an article that for new websites new added backlinks dont show there full power. It seems that links over time gain more strength. I was thinking maybe one could be able to bypass this by adding more weight. But on the other hand that could trigger a filter for to many links. But what if you would vary in anchor text it might not. Im just puzzling here a bit on what to do. But first im going to wait for the next update to see what the serps will do.

crazyhorse, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  7. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Yes Crazyhorse, there are many algo changes that Google impliments on a regular basis that keep us webmasters guessing on what is the right thing to do. I have read several of your posts and can see you are intellegent, so your guess is as good (maybe better) than mine.

Your theory of backlinks is interesting and makes sense to me...over time gain more strength...another Google algo that makes sense.

In a nutshell, when I started tho CO OP I was Alexa ranked 190,000 I am now 90,000 and seeing more traffic than ever before. I have read many negative threads here and at other forums about the DP coop. I will bet you that many of the participants of DP co op bashing threads end up DP co op members :D

Homer, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  8. alias420

alias420 Guest

Best Answers:
    I like to use a minimum of 4 different ads with seperate anchor text and I also change the page they point too deep linking is never a bad idea.

alias420, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  9. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

Yup, 4 links also is the best way to optimize your weight. So you have been pleased with CO OP results?

Homer, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  10. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    New websites: On the non competitive terms i am, for the more competitive terms im a bit less pleased but i dont think that has to do with the Coop. Its Google filters that apply.

Established websites: The sky is the limit... ;)

crazyhorse, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  11. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I have heard a rumor of a Google Sand box effect for new sites? I am not sure how much foundation it has. I have heard that new websites do not make the Google index for 1 year...until they ,moreless, prove themselves. This may be your problem.

When I target non competitive phrases mye luck has been amazing...with very little weight.

Homer, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  12. alias420

alias420 Guest

Best Answers:
    So far I have had great experience my only problem is the weight calculations they seem a little buggy to me.

alias420, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  13. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Homer, Mar 30, 2005 IP