1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Hair loss site with evergreen content used to make $300 a month

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Maza111, Sep 7, 2017.

Why are you selling this site?

Want to focus on other projects

How is it monetized?

Amazon, affiliate, potentially Adsense as well

Does this site come with any social media accounts?

No

How much time does this site take to run?

Just the very small monthly hosting cost. You will be able to move the site to your shared hosting account, in which case it won't cost anything

What challenges are there with running this site?

It has 200 quality evergreen posts already. Its mostly reviews along with some general hair loss content. The site used to run on a different domain until two years ago, and used to make $200 to $350 a month from affiliates.

However, it used to get only 10% traffic from Google. Most of the daily 50 to 60 uniques used to come from Bing and Yahoo and around 10 to 15% returning traffic. It used to average 3 pages per vistor, with an average of just over 3 minutes a visitor. It never crossed my mind to make the site design responsive, meaning the increasing mobile visitors couldn't view the site. It never crossed my mind to check the site on mobile. I lost motivation in running the site, this together with other commitments eventually led to allowing the domain to expire two years ago.

The site has been completely deindexed from old domain. The content is now indexed on new domain.

You just need a little patience before the site starts to rank on search engines. All you need to then do is write two quality posts a week and this site can then become a signficant earner.Just one look on Amazon and you see hundreds of air loss products there. You can review some of these.

Potential of the site

This a genuine site with quality content. With some hard work, couple of years from now it can be a $10k revenue year site.

I will put up Amazon because it converts like crazy. We put up Amazon on a few pages for a couple of days around two years ago and during this little test there were four conversions. Amazon also has great way of upselling related products. This is niche that has lot of buyer intent behind the searches. Adsense also pays high cpc and has hihish ctr.

I will provide the buyer with up to 1 year of after sale email support, menaing he or she can ask me questions related to the site, content ideas, etc.

I also provide the buyer with ideas, right after sale, for an ebook or to add a premium section to the site. This will be content that you can charge, let's say, $10, to access. The buyer will obviously need to come up with the content but I will provide the instructions and ideas for the content. You can also publish it free of charge on the site if you prefer.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Maza111, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  2. Maza111

Maza111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will be open to reasonable offers. This site offers the chance to run a genuine content and ecommerce site. Ideal for someone looking to start a site or get into the health niche.

Maza111, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  3. Maza111

Maza111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    h ttps://flipp a.com/auctions/76396/attachments/102974.pdf

Info about the site on the old domain. Close the two gaps in the url above.

This site earned around $15k between 2008 and 2013. The image below shows some of the revenues. I don't know why but lot of the historical earnings in this particular affiliate account is not showing up. I myself earned $4.5k from this affiliate account alone from this site. We sold other affiliate products as well but no longer have access to these accounts.

[​IMG]

Maza111, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  4. Maza111

Maza111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am reducing the price to $2500. I cannot price the site as if it were still earning $300 a month because I have moved the site now to a new domain and it will need a while to rank. This site will earn you $100 a month even with only as few as 30 uniques a day just from Adsense alone if you have a single well placed adsense unit. But I would promote the ecommerce side of it more, with Amazon and maybe place one Adsense at the bottom. This is a proper, quality content site, not one of those made for adsense blogs or auto generated sites that might be earning now but will most likely lose rankings a bit further down the line. If you are looking to build a quality content and ecommerce site then this will fit the bill.

This site will rank for a lot of long tail keywords and product names.

We can use escrow or paypal, whichever you wish.

Maza111, Sep 8, 2017 IP
  5. Maza111

Maza111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Final drop to $2100. This will be the absolute final price. If it doesn't sell at this, then I will keep it. If someone decided to create a site such as this, with its unique content and written by someone who knew the industry well, it will either take them huge amount of man hours to research and write the content themselves, or spend several thousand dollars to get it done. At just over $2000, this is a bargain. Remember, it also comes with content ideas, strategic planning for the site, create two new sections which lead to high conversions.

Maza111, Sep 11, 2017 IP
  6. Maza111

Maza111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We had adsense up on the site for some while. Here is a screenshot of the site's earnings on the old domain.

[​IMG]

The RPM is superb. You get a site that is already made. It will take huge amount of time if you decide to start a site from scratch, or have to pay thousands of dollars to have someone else write the content, but here, you get a site written by someone who had strong knowledge of the industry. $2100 is relatively cheap. The potential is huge.

Maza111, Sep 14, 2017 IP
  7. Maza111

Maza111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Anyone interested? This is a site that could become a proper online business for anyone who is dedicated and is able to put in some initial hard work. The site has the basis to turn into one of the best sites in its niche. People need to look past its newness. This is a proven earner in the past, so you will likely have your purchase price covered within a year (or slightly longer). I will give it a few more days before I take it to Flippa. I am not sure how much sites go for here, maybe Flippa is where the potential buyers are.

Maza111, Sep 14, 2017 IP
  8. Maza111

Maza111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Absolute final reduction to $1800. I will keep it here for two more days before I list it on Flippa. This is a bargain if you have a bit of patience. You will make money through affiliates and Adsense and it won't take that long to recoup your investment. Sites like this can be turned into a proper business and it can bring in livable income down the line.

Maza111, Sep 17, 2017 IP
  9. Maza111

Maza111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I haven't yet listed the site on Flippa because I was waiting for the site to start getting traffic on the new domain. It has now started getting traffic from search for the last three weeks. It's a trickle for now, but a start. In a few months its should start getting signficant amount. The site will rank for a lot of long tail keywords and eventually, product names.

The page RPM when I had Adsense on (see screenshot above) was almost close to $20 over the lifetime I had it on. The dollar has gained signficantly in the last year agaisnt the British Pound (mainly down to Brexit) but still the RPM would be around $14 at today's exchange rate. So you can see that its doesn't take much traffic to earn a decent monthly revenue from the site.

But it is Amazon that you really should focus on. Many of the most popular hair loss products are sold on Amazon. Your job will be to persuade people to buy larger packages e.g. 3 months or 6 months (or even 12 months). Also, another great thing is that Amazon does a great job at converting (conversions are high) and a great job at cross-selling related products (you also get paid for completely non-related products if they happen to buy at the same time). Another great thing about Amazon is that although they use a 24-hour cookie they still have a better conversion rate than others who offer much longer cookie periods. Amazon spends huge amount of money and resources on getting people to convert across their site.

Anyone serious can turn this into a $5K to $10k a year site with not too much work.

The site has around 200 pages of content (around 160 product reviews, around 30 articles on ingredients, with another 10 or so general hair loss articles). The site only needs to be updated with 5 to 10 articles a month to keep growing fast. But you can update three or four times if you wish.

I am still going to try and sell it here one last time because Flippa charges a listing and a success fee which i wish to avoid.

I am reducing the price one last time to $1500. We can use Escrow.com, bank transfer or PayPal, whichever you prefer. Once the site has been transferred, I can offer two months of after sale support if you need it - in terms of ideas or creating comparison tables for three or four different categories. Comparison tables do a great job at getting people to the review on the site itself or directly to the shopping product page.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Maza111, Nov 9, 2017 IP
  10. Maza111

Maza111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Final price $450.

Maza111, Dec 15, 2017 IP