1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google penalize sites that are using Guest Post

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SilerBlade, Feb 6, 2014.

Quite shocking to find out that Google started to penalize sites that have been using Guest Post schemes to build backlinks.

searchengineleaks.wordpress.com/2014/02/06/guestpostshop-customers-are-penalized-by-google/

Wondering if I should delete all the guest posts I have on my sites just to stay on the safe side. I don't want to see all my hard work ruined in few minutes.

SilerBlade, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  2. Akash47

Akash47 Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. I knew "guest blogging was dead", but I had no idea that people would be penalised for still doing it. I'm not even sure how to take it.
    I think if your guest posts are "legit" and done honestly, not just as a way to build backlinks, then you're safe and should not worry.

Akash47, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  3. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is very news for us. Source of incomes are now getting limited.

unna, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  4. Asif Aziz

Asif Aziz Member

Best Answers:
    As long as you use Guest Posts sparingly & don't go crazy!

-Make sure each of your guest postings are 100% unique, in-depth & engaging (about 700-1000 words) & posted on high authority reputable sites (not spam sites).

-Make sure the blog site you are posting to is relevant to your niche & content of the article.

-Avoid using rich anchor texts.

I think the jury is still out on just how ineffective Google will make Guest Posting going forward.. Will be interesting to see what they'll call this update.. Google Bear, perhaps?

Az

Asif Aziz, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  5. AA_Shah

AA_Shah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What we think does not matter nowadays, Google is placing manual penalties to guest posting sites regularly one after the other.

We can't say anything for sure in this case. We need to wait till the dust settles eventually.

AA_Shah, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  6. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    At this point it's just like buying links, you need to be very careful with guest blogging.

Of course there's tremendous upside for guest blogging for SEO purposes, but you need to understand the risks involved. People buy links and guest bloggings not all that different. You can get away with buying links and ranking well and maybe never get caught, but you run the risk. That risk is what you need to decide on and decide whether its worth it or not.

FranksToys, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  7. SilerBlade

SilerBlade Peon

Best Answers:
    That's true. You may run with with and never get caught but in case you do, you risk having your website penalized, out of Google index for many many months to come. One of the problems is that Google nowadays is not relying only on algorithms (Panda, Penguin) but take into consideration manual reports from webmasters. So if you want to stay safe you need to make sure you're not upsetting anyone or they may report you.

SilerBlade, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  8. SilerBlade

SilerBlade Peon

Best Answers:
    I kept all the guest posts on my blog but nofollowed the links. Instantly (I think this companies are using some automatic link checker software) I received an email from somebody that not politely threatened me to dofollow the link back. Then I removed that guest post.

SilerBlade, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  9. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're getting backlinks from outside sources, simply don't have them look like guests posts. All 18 of my active websites get 100% of their links from off-page blogs (research 'private blog network' or 'source wave' to see what I'm talking about). None of them have been penalized. Here's what I do to avoid penalties like these: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/solution-to-the-guest-post-dilemma.2706070/

DiggitySEO, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  10. limitlessjz

limitlessjz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutts clarified the guest posting comment. It wouldn't make sense to penalize all guest posting. There are very legit blogs, news sources etc that rely and guest posting. There will be enough metrics in place to determine the site quality and author to give it the correct weight for guest posts. If you were just tossing random guest posts to an irrelevant website than your work will probably be in vein. Only a few legit high powered backlinks can be enough to overcome all the dirt links to your site. This is usually weighed. Think about it. Anybody can build dirt links to ANY website. Google can analyze your links and determine the value of your website easily. Especially if you're spamming out links with your juicy keywords all in your anchors.

That's a good way to let them know that something shifty is going on. But they also know that the quality of your website should naturally create a linking structure that's hard to replicate artificially. There are of course people who make lots of money using gray area tactics and that will never go away. It is just a bummer having to reboot every so often when Google finally catches up to you.

limitlessjz, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  11. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:

Yeah, Matt already discussed this quite recently. Damn Google, always changing the game...

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  12. Nick02

Nick02 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    First time I hear that. I think Google like guest posts, as long they are relevant and useful to readers.

Nick02, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  13. Mearning

Mearning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all We are respect your knowledge but i think Google Not penalize sites that are using Guest Post google only penalize site who have direct membership without any restriction like many wordpress blog direct author system.

Penguin 2.1, more popularly known as the spam-filtering algorithm, recently hit the worldwide web. Use Guest Blogging is best way for avoid panguin 2.1.Many small time blogs and websites have suffered from this update since instead of gaining the traffic they need, their content was considered as spam. As they say, Search Engine Optimization became harder because of Penguin 2.1.But, there are still some ways on how you can advertise your brand and one of which is through guest posting

Basically, guest posting is the safest, most credible way of advertising. It is actually accepted by many experts these days as a concrete way of advertising without being considered as spam.

Google will not consider your blog as spam worthy if it actually is able to generate good traffic by getting views from real people and from high quality sites.

Mearning, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  14. crazyblogger

crazyblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you start to guest post about your health blog on a tech website then you will get penalized otherwise its fine. Do as much guest post you want but make sure that it's related to your niche and your content is unique and engaging.

crazyblogger, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  15. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am really curious about something... If we create 100 quality articles and post on different blogs promoting Amazon product and if those backlinks are going to HURT amazon website, then why nobody hurts his competitor's websites! :)

patco, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  16. Jaspreet2787

Jaspreet2787 Member

Best Answers:
    This is bad, earning as well as promotions is getting tough day by day.

Jaspreet2787, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  17. jamesmorrison926

jamesmorrison926 Peon

Best Answers:
    now, guest posting is dead that is good due to more promotional link share by other people to their own blog but a person who has a grammatical problem in English so Google has given permission to write their comment in a poor Grammer.

jamesmorrison926, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  18. gorrior

gorrior Member

Best Answers:
    So, what exactly is guest posting? Is it the same as article submission with tools like GSA?

gorrior, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  19. maddy.n

maddy.n Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is bad news rite. i was getting very healthy and quality links from Guest blogging, now its dead.

maddy.n, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  20. crazyblogger

crazyblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    May be this will clear things up

crazyblogger, Feb 15, 2014 IP