1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Solution: To the Guest Post Dilemma

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by DiggitySEO, Feb 5, 2014.

The biggest topic in the SEO world right now is Matt Cutts' recent post on the "Decay and Fall of Guest Blogging".

If your SEO strategy revolves around high PR blogs as your backlink source, you might be running around like a chicken with its head cut off right about now. I've discussed this at length with other very experienced SEOs. There's an easy solution that lies right within Matt's post.

The Key Characteristics of a Guest Blog Post:
    • The linking website is a blog
    • The link is coming from an article
    • That article is written by a guest
    • Additional indicators:
      • Topic is not relevant to the website's topic
      • Using keyword optimized anchors
    Solution:
    • Establish your link sources such that they are placed on STATIC webpages, NOT BLOGS
      Cutt's emphasized that guest blogging is the problem. The word blog was mentioned 32 times in his post.

Many people don't realize that link sources don't always have to come from blogs. This is just what we're used to because its the most common format we see. Mainly because, as a site owner, its easy to take a guest's pre-written article and place it up as a post.

Get your links from high powered sites (PR, PA, DA) resources where the homepages aren't blogs, but static pages. Aim for large amounts of content per page (300 word minimum, 500 to be safe) and a maximum outbound link (OBL) of 10-15.

• Don't post links as a guest
      Insist that your link sources post the content with your link in their own voice and do not reference you as the writer of the content. These days, we're seeing the benefit of Google Authorship. Seek out backlink resources that have schema setup for Google Authorship so Google clearly see's who is the writer of the web page (not web article) in question.

• Surround your link with content relative to the blog
      Pretty obvious. A owner of a home improvement blog is not likely to post up content about 6 pack abs. Go after link sources that are relevant to your content.

• Brand your anchor text

This is a pretty well established 2014 backlinking practice. Have at least 50-75% of your anchor text be branded or URL. Example: Your site is www.AwesomePossum.com. Brand = Awesome Possum, URL= AwesomePossum.com, www.AwesomePossum.com, etc... This works to pass link juice and is completely safe because this is how people naturally link.
    When looking for backlink opportunities, keep these factors in mind.

Note: I'm considering opening up a backlinking service, providing only link sources matching this criteria. Of course, these would be the high PR/PA/DA, multi-niche, non-spammy sites that I use for myself. Extremely cheap at the launch (< $5), content included. If there's enough interest, I'll see about getting this going by Monday. Let me know either by PM or reply if you're interested.

DiggitySEO, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  2. Xtenismon

Xtenismon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the valuable information. This all makes complete sense. I'm definitely interested in your backlinks. Sending you a PM now.

Xtenismon, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  3. SEOArbiterJoanne

SEOArbiterJoanne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great post. A lot of really good advice.

You would definitely be able to get a bunch of business with this type of service.

SEOArbiterJoanne, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  4. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey folks,

Looks like there's enough interest to get this going. These are the same high quality, super powerful backlinks that I've always offered, but I'm redesigning the layout of the sites to be 100%-guest-post-penalty-SAFE.

For the launch, these sites are being offered super cheap. Only $5/month for PR3s and it scales up from there.

If you're interested in jumping on board for the launch, let me know by PM and I'll make sure you get your spot, in the niche you want. At this price, I'm going to sell out for sure, so my suggestion is to make a reservation.

As I do with all my clients, I want to make sure that this benefits you. Actually, I want to make sure you see incredible improvements in your ranking. I'll personally take a look at your onsite SEO and your backlink anchors and advise you on any changes I might recommend that will put you in a position to climb. I'll also recommend the anchor text you should use for the backlinks. If you're new to SEO and looking for coaching, this is the cheapest way you'll find it.

If your keyword research is right, your onsite SEO is right, and we choose the correct backlinks, these are the kind of results you'll see.

[​IMG]

Here's some of the typical stats for sites that you'll be getting links from:
    • Page Authority 30+, Domain Authority 25+, PR3-6
    • Maximum 10 out bound links
    • Relevant content will be written for you. 100% perfect English and copyscape proof
    • Cancel at any time you want. Change anchors at any time you want.
    • The extras that most vendors completely ignore
      • Super clean, branded link profiles. Guaranteed not to hurt your site.
      • All on separate hosting accounts
      • All using individual host owners
    PM me to reserve your niche, or if you have any questions about the service.

Regards,
    Diggity

DiggitySEO, Feb 6, 2014 IP