1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling ftp2rss.com - Create RSS feeds to monitor FTP directories

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Gavin Harriss, Jul 25, 2019.

Description:

Online service for creating RSS feeds for monitoring FTP directories. Keep up to date with the latest FTP file additions and updates using your favorite RSS reader.

An established and stable service that has been running since 2011.

Why are you selling this site?

The service was originally developed to help support https://www.topomap.co.nz/ by monitoring for map updates from 3rd party FTP locations. Not being the core service, the product has never been developed to its full potential beyond the most basic functionality required.

How is it monetized?

Currently the main site shows AdSense ads.

Opportunities to add additional ad revenue streams via the RSS feeds themselves (currently only the website is utilized to deliver ads).

Opportunities to add premium functionality such as RSS feeds based on password protected FTP locations, being the most common feature request.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?

No.

How much time does this site take to run?

None. It's very much been hands-off after the initial setup.

What challenges are there with running this site?

None.

What tech is used?

This is a basic ASP.NET website (no database) that can be run under a budget IIS host. Currently hosted on Azure.

Full source code will be provided.

Help with deployment to your own environment can be provided.

Why the sudden increase in traffic?

I've only recently hooked up the RSS feeds themselves to log traffic with Google Analytics, previously only the minimal web pages were registering traffic.

Why is there no AdSense report included?

I've only just added AdSense back to the site, previously the site was running ad unit sizes that Google had made obsolete, so were no longer displaying. Unfortunately I didn't become aware of the fact until I decided to sell the site.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Gavin Harriss, Jul 25, 2019 IP
  2. Randrom

Randrom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    The headline and details below it sound quite technical. Not sure what problem this site would solve for or what benefits would it bring to the new owner's audience.

Randrom, Aug 26, 2019 IP