1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelancer.com is full of scammers, has no support

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by umarbukhari, Dec 28, 2010.

Above lines are from a freelancer support member named "Michael"

It is the response of a ticket that I open up for a wrong decision of freelancer support.

Look at this post

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2025503

Just read the first paragraph and think about his mentality, When a buyer is trying to save his amount after getting the solution then how will he accept to withdraw it. Specially when the Buyer is not any other person but freelancer itself.

In second paragraph they accept their self that they don't concern about providers, they just concern about their percentage and their earnings.

and at the end they openly are saying that there are no rules for them, they will close my account forcefully.

I openly call them for a challenge that if the problem will be in script then I will pay then whatever they want. But if the problem will be in his computer then freealncer.com will have to pay me whatever I want.

Are they able to accept this challenge?

There is another challenge.

If any one can think that this platform is very secure. Contact me. I will tell him that how can any buyer blackmail to providers.

I believe that freelancer support team has no sense and have no rules. All rules are to increase their earnings. They were able to read all discussion between me and client by that each person who has sense can understand that client was a fraud, but freelancer did not read that and award the dispute to buyer, they only read PM from my side, they did not read any single PM from client side.

now freelancer want to close my mouth by saying these words

It is their justice... . LOL

umarbukhari, Dec 28, 2010 IP
  2. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    It is going to a very funny situation, After one month I m getting same message from freelancer support,

What a funny response.

If report incomplete works both way then they should show me the details of project that was not completed and reported as incomplete by this buyer,
    http://www.freelancer.com/users/feedback_1288026.html

What is the use to show comments only in my profile?? how other providers will come to know that this buyer is fraud and love to post report incomplete every provider.....

I dont know that every person can understand this situation, can understand what I m saying. But freelancer support team has no mind, I think they are brainless. Thats why they come up with 1 month old argue, I already explained it. And when I explain them a straight forward thing,, they come to me by saying
    They can not do any right favor for providers.

umarbukhari, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  3. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    freelancer.com scammed me in $220. I charged back in Paypal but that didn't work and their support tell me that they need papers of my identity, habitat, and bank account (anything else). They cut $80 for... I dunno why they cut it and I can't withdraw the rest.

Be careful of that SCAM!!!

omarabid, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They sit back and collect deposit fees all day along...whoever owns that site never has to work again...
    even if you cancel your project, you dont get your money back, it is just returned to your account...not
    only do they collect deposit fees plus other coding fees....I wish I had a money ball site like this....

ChargeBacks do not work as they once did, I had two legit chargebacks, and my own bank declined
    to return the charges. My own bank sides with a merchant they do not business with over their own client.
    and paypal will decline any digi chargeback - instantly....you already lost...

dscurlock, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  5. guineapirate

guineapirate Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's harsh, I've used freelancer.com a few times and had really excellent work done for me. Do you have any suggestions to avoid stuff like this happening? I've always only gone with workers who have positive feedback from the US and never ran into any problems.

guineapirate, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  6. omarabid

Best Answers:
    keep away from it.

omarabid, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  7. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Dear,

Actually freelancer.com is supportive for buyers only. Not for providers.... Just think about it that a buyer come to me to find out and solve the problem in his site. Keep in mind that at that time I had 116 reviews with 10 out of 10 rating.

I sort out the problem successfully. The problem was only in his pc. I ask him to give me access of his pc so I can solve it out. He did allow me to access his pc, Then I ask him to check out this problem on some other pc. He clearly said that I can not check it out on some other pc. Now I open up a dispute that I solved out the problem, and I spend about 1 month to convince the buyer that problem is only his pc. But he was not interested to pay me.

In the PM board of freelancer.com, there is clearly mentioned by buyer that all 6 providers behave like me. That means all 6 providers told him that problem is in his pc.

BUT

Freelancer's support team did not take any attention to these wordings and canceled the escrow completely to him. Not only cancel the escrow but also post a report incomplete on my profile.

And now they are saying me to compromise with client. What a stupid solution.

If I were able to compromise with buyer then what was the need to open up the dispute?? If it was only solution then why freelancer providing dispute system?? If dispute system is only to award dispute to buyers only then why they are playing this drama all over the world??

Is there any rule to stop these kind of fraud parties?? Is there any rule that can stop freealncer.com to do these kind of stupid resolutions???

I will only say that freelancer.com is only a fraud Party.

umarbukhari, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  8. Yuuko008

Yuuko008 Member

Best Answers:
    That's what i'm afraid of. At first i wanted to try freelancer.com to get some work for myself. But i think it's pretty "stupid" to pay for the fees to get some jobs. I like it in DP because the transaction will be between the employee and the employer, which is I think is better.

Yuuko008, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  9. digital_baller

digital_baller Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you're luckier.

digital_baller, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  10. DocuMaker

DocuMaker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dump freelancer and move over to vworker. Problem solved!

DocuMaker, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  11. Jerlene.net

Jerlene.net Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That sucks to hear because they just merged with webmaster-talk. I guess I won't be bothering with that forum anymore.

Jerlene.net, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  12. hell0world

hell0world Active Member

Best Answers:
    has the poor experiences with it as well

hell0world, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  13. paulledelll

paulledelll Peon

Best Answers:
    i was scammed by FREELANCER.com too.. my client paid me $55 dollar, but when i withdraw it, the y banned my account,, i contact them why is this, they just say the there are "fraud activity" in my account, then i have complaint more buy telling them that it is not true, and guess what they say?,..
    "They have the RIGHTS to banned WITHOUT GIVING EXPLANATIONS"...

bullsh*t website i have ever joined, stop joining that site, DP is the best! and will always stay the best! freelancer.com is 100% scam site!!!

paulledelll, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  14. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I tried freelancer a few years ago and stay away from it... as OP said it's full of spammers and cowboys.

Never ever I'll use it again.

As Yuuko said... even DP is much better.

praetserge, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  15. aadamm

aadamm Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree stick with dp where possible

aadamm, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  16. iphoneunlock

iphoneunlock Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys if you looking for cl poster in freelancer forget it and contact me
    Regards

iphoneunlock, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  17. templbi

templbi Peon

Best Answers:
    Scary stuff. I think I will stick to DP. A few bad apples hear but if you stick with people with good I trader seems to be ok. On the flip side giving guys with low Itrader has burned me a couple times already.

templbi, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  18. omarabid

Best Answers:
    DP is okay, but make sure you get paid in advance.

omarabid, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  19. Altalena

Altalena Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys, first post here, I'm new to the online freelancing world: what is DP?

Altalena, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  20. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    once i hate them when i used them as worker in 2008
    now I love freelancer.com i am member since they were getafreelancer they helped me a lot promoting things not allowed on other platforms even some times signup to my reff link etc so i think this is its best use

MrPJH, Jan 10, 2011 IP