1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Experienced Member!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mdhoni1445, Sep 24, 2015.

Dear DP,

This is just my own feeling. In noway, I am trying to offend any of the DP mods & admins. I'm a member of DP since, Mar 07, 2010. (Almost 5+ years old). The new rules are applicable even for a person like me makes me feel so upset:confused:. I guess the new rules that they laid could be made for new people who join this DP forum. I logged into my DP account to restart my service. But, the new rules that are laid, prevented me in posting new thread in BST section. I guess, DP admins could take some initiative in handling this situation. May be they could reconsider and give relaxation for at least people who are ol,d to DP, allowing them to start new thread in BST section.

thanks & regards
    G

mdhoni1445, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    First off the rules are not likely to change due to your thread here. Instead just go about making helpful suggestions or give your opinions with vigor. I have seen countless members on here securing their 3 likes to get established in 1 or 2 days. Consider this: the rules are fair due to the fact that they are the same for *everyone*. No one is singling you out.
    Instead of feeling bad about your situation, become pro active and get to work becoming established.
    Good luck to you with this.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 24, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The rules are not *new*. The rules are more than 2 1/2 years old now.

As far as allowing "old" users to become established, that was done the first day of the new system. All old reputation points were converted to likes, which resulted in more than 16,000 members being established without needing to do anything. https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...post-in-bst-rule.2628900/page-9#post-18446105

The system is about quality not quantity... so number of posts and date since registration has nothing to do with it. If you are a quality/contributing member, you can become established right away... If you are a user who never really contributes anything good, you would never become established. Basically that's exactly how the system was intended.

digitalpoint, Sep 24, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  4. mdhoni1445

mdhoni1445 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @digitalpoint You mentioned all old reputations were converted to likes. What do you mean by old reputations? Do you mean the no of iTraders and the positive feedbacks? Based on what criteria the reputations were calculated and changed into likes?

PS: Please, don't take this is as an offence. I just wanted to know how one's reputations were calculated and converted into likes.

mdhoni1445, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    vBulletin had a system called User Reputation which was similar (but not exactly the same) as the current Like system. It had nothing to do with what you sold or the marketplace. It simply was a way for other users to say they liked something you wrote.

digitalpoint, Sep 24, 2015 IP