1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Minimum 3 Likes To Post In Bst Rule

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mac Solutions, Jan 22, 2013.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If someone *needs* to post something, they can do it on day 1 with 0 likes and 0 posts via premium membership. But like I've mentioned previously, I'm perfectly okay with less things being listed in B/S/T if the things being listed tend to be higher quality (which so far does seem to be the case).

And to be honest, this is very similar to when we implemented the whole "14 days/25 posts" rule years ago... people thought it would be the end of the Buy/Sell/Trade, because who in their right might would come back in 2 weeks to post something there? The reality is that it's actually easier/shorter amount of time to be able to post in Buy/Sell/Trade now... people can post there MUCH sooner than 14 days after registration if they have something of value to offer the site. Or if they have premium membership (which wasn't even an option before).

Yeah... I've been thinking about something like that, but leaving it up to the seller possibly... like allow them to decide what type of users can reply or bid on their auctions.

Let me know how that works out for you... I suspect people would start getting banned for duplicate threads before anything else. :)

You may want to start a petition on the White House petition website to see if they will enact a law to force us to remove the 3 like rule. :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    digitalpoint, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  2. Wizza

Wizza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Off topic, sorry - In reference to your auction reply above, have you thought about taking out the ability to reply to sale threads? Any questions can be asked via PM so threads are clean?

Wizza, Jan 31, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  3. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep, I have.

4. Andrea Bustamante

Andrea Bustamante Member

Best Answers:
    Just wondering... for how long this "like" thing has been around?
    By the amount of threads discussing it I guess it's quite new. Am I right?
    Anyway... wasn't happy as an old user to see that my signature is gone but yep, will have to deal with it.

Andrea Bustamante, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Since the migration to the new platform (about 1 1/2 weeks now).

6. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will I get an infraction if I like too many of your posts? You made some hilarious ones in another thread about fucking. lol

superrichguy, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can like anything you want on any user you want as long as it's not idiotic posts with the the intent of getting that user "established".

8. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, well I figured you'd be ok to like since you're kinda "established" even tho a couple of your posts were idiotic. lol

superrichguy, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  9. Anicho

Anicho Member

Best Answers:
    They should broaden the criteria needed to become an established member. This account has probably been registered for 5 years, coming here on rare occasions. I find myself unable to post in the marketplace now.

Anicho, Jan 31, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe something more along the lines of 2 likes per year with a 3 like minimum, or?

11. tbucks

tbucks Member

Best Answers:
    I also had got 102 - (100.0%) on the old iTrader. Wish that our previous business partners will keep in mind the good partnerships we already have with them.

tbucks, Feb 1, 2013 IP
    samanthalong likes this.
  12. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats because we at DP are not in the habit of thanking people (which is kinda sad). Other forums have a very visible Like or Thanks button and more importantly a very popular culture of thanking people. Hopefully we are getting there....

WebBuddy, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  13. TopNotchwrites

TopNotchwrites Active Member

Best Answers:
    Though i'm new to this platform, i believe the "Likes" system will help avoid spam. I have been a member for less than a week, and already secured 2 likes. Yes, first it seemed to be a pain in the a**, but gradually i started loving the idea (It's 2AM at my place, and i'm still awake, looking for interesting posts to share my limited knowledge:) ).
    In a nutshell, the guys running this website are brainy enough, and finally found a way to improve the quality, reduce spam and in the mean time make some money out of guys, who do not wish to contribute something useful. Cheers!

TopNotchwrites, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  14. Wincrew

Wincrew Banned

Best Answers:
    Guys, how many likes do you see in my profile?

Also, why the old feedbacks were not transfered or at least converted to likes?

Wincrew, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Old positive reputations *were* converted to likes. There were over 16,000 established members on the first day because they already had the likes needed.

digitalpoint, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  16. trak

trak Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, I think the main point of "like system" is to promote gratitude towards other beside acting as a spam prevention measures.

trak, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  17. flanagan

flanagan Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

For these reason we will get some good trustworthy people .

flanagan, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  18. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Took me exactly 5 posts and few minutes to get the 3 likes needed. As long as we keep on adding GOOD content, we're fine. Maybe this will cool down some of the members who barely post anything decent. Can't say I was pleased with the setting, but it's not a biggie. I am so thrilled with the new DP forums, it's hard to annoy me with anything :D

dojodesign, Feb 19, 2013 IP
    Colleen and TopNotchwrites like this.
  19. Dolerite

Dolerite Member

Best Answers:
    Having sold things in the BST section of this forum in the past, I believe that the new like system will help to reduce the number of spam posts and poor quality services that were advertised in the BST section previously. Sure, I was pretty annoyed at first because I couldn't sell what I wanted when I wanted. But I feel that the new system has encouraged me to become more involved in the forum and not just using it as a marketplace, which I feel is a good thing.

Dolerite, Feb 19, 2013 IP
    dojodesign likes this.
  20. Aleksa Miladinovic

Aleksa Miladinovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am new here, and I have been referred here by some blog because of the good marketplace and BST section especially.

Although I still cannot sell my stuff, I think that these 3 likes shouldn't take too long, even though I was thrilled to start selling, but I was relieved when I realized that you can contact members via PM, so I can apply for jobs etc.

I have just one dilemma on my mind, aren't people gonna start writing like crazy, some of them even spamming to try to get likes? I know you secure the BST forum this way, but are the other forums still ok, or they have increased number of random posts?

Aleksa Miladinovic, Feb 19, 2013 IP