1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate Content

Discussion in 'Google' started by lincolnpark, Aug 27, 2008.

1. lincolnpark

lincolnpark Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool, Im going to try to take off some of the duplicate content pages, and rewrite some of the others.

lincolnpark, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  2. MrSandMan

MrSandMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I keep reading people 'claiming' that duplicate content will get you banned or lose ranking... Yet this is so far from the truth that it could be classifieds as "Fiction". I can personally tell everyone, with hands on experience and testing, for the last year and 4 auto blogs, that there is no penalty for Dup. content.

As I mentioned earlier,
    blabbermouth.net (owned by roadrunner records)
    ultimate-guitar.com

Both of these sites are HUGE and use dup. content.

Again people, there is no proof that dup content gets you punished, but there is OOODLES of proof that dup content is safe.

And as Angela has previously pointed out, Ezine would be de-indexed and folks on here wouldn't recommended to use for article submission. Do a search, ezine is the most recommended article directory on DP!

Don't listen to these other folks, they don't know what they are talking about... they are just saying what they "were told" not what they "know". I'm here to tell you what I know... and i have evidence to back it 100%.

I can't believe all the misinformation being spewed in this thread.

MrSandMan, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  3. Geeurbie

Geeurbie Peon

Best Answers:
    I did a bit of an experiment with duplicate content. Over a 3 month period the home page appear in two locations. It had no effect on the sites ranking, but the PR dropped from a 4 to a 2. That's it.

Geeurbie, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  4. MRniceGuy007

MRniceGuy007 Peon

Best Answers:
    the only filter you'll face if you dupe content is the angry reports done by the real owner of the copy you dupe. These will result in a drop or supressed rankings. other than that I found nothing to justify a full proof Google penalty for duplicate content

MRniceGuy007, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  5. graphseo

graphseo Banned

Best Answers:
    never implement duplicate content on your site. It's like suicide

graphseo, Aug 30, 2008 IP
    bogart likes this.
  6. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a solution, something like PHP spinner ;)
    But there are cheaper solutions, for about $20 one time fee :D

NO MORE DUPLICATE CONTENT!

ilook, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  7. MrSandMan

Best Answers:
    Do you have evidence to back up these claims? Because I have STRONG evidence to prove otherwise.

Please supply proof. I'll debate anyone on this.

Google does NOT penalize for duplicate content.

Please don't mislead people with false information. :mad:

MrSandMan, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  8. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Duplicate content used to be an issue but it isn't anymore.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  9. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If your article is the same which can be found on hundreds more then the problem will be in getting ranked for the terms found in it. The dupe content issue is not about getting your site deindexed or anything like this, is about loosing rank in search engines listings. If you are using blogs and dupe content is your problem, give a look on WordPress Uniquefier Plugin which could help you.

goscript, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  10. MRniceGuy007

MRniceGuy007 Peon

Best Answers:
    the only justified means why people often said those stuff that "yada yada duplicate content is bad and Google will penalize you" is to have people make newer original content and them copying more for themselves.

isn't that funny? telling others to make fresh new content and us copying it? lol

MRniceGuy007, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  11. MrSandMan

Best Answers:
    I smell what you're cooking.. haha.

However, I don't steal peoples content. I do ask permission (though most big name, highly ranked, corporate websites don't, they just take your content). If the author is down with me using it, I do give back a 'do follow' link back to their site.

Even after doing all this, authors would be upset that my site ranked their article #1 in google while their site with the "Original Content" is back on Page #5 of google.

Whether or not "page rank" drops or not, I don't know. "Page Rank" is meaningless, unless you are selling links to people who have not clue about SEO. My PR0 and PR3 sites can rank over PR6 and PR8 sites in SERPs. And that's what truly matters. Not Page Rank.

MrSandMan, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  12. Lyn

Lyn Peon

Best Answers:
    Duplicate content is always a problem... you just need sometime to learn the hard way ...

Lyn, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  13. MrSandMan

Best Answers:
    Just like the corporate websites that are valued at $8 or $10 million dollars, and ranked in the top 600, learn their lesson the hard way for using duplicate content?

If you mean learning the hard way = increasing to the top 300 and the value of your website increases to millions of dollars, then yes, you are correct.

Again, all claims, no substance. How is ultimate-guitars getting 100,000+ visits per day for using duplicate content?

MrSandMan, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  14. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's no penalty but Google will place the pages in the supplemental index.

bogart, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  15. Bozdemir

Bozdemir Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget the fact that "Duplicate Content" is always considered as a penalty for Google.

Bozdemir, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  16. Resident79

Resident79 Peon

Best Answers:
    This sounds like your page is very new. Maybe you just lost your newbie-bonus.

Resident79, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  17. lipsigprice333

lipsigprice333 Banned

Best Answers:
    I think Duplicate content not good future

lipsigprice333, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  18. MrSandMan

Best Answers:
    They do?

Here is a link of google search engines for "metallica death magntic leak"

Notice this is a hot topic. It's a Huge buzz for the music world. Yet #1 (original source) and #3 (copied from orginal source) are sitting STRONG in google.

Both of these sites copy content off the internet. Seldom to they create unique content. Perhaps Blabblermouth's isn't the original source to this article either?

These sites use duplicate content over a dozen times per day each. Both sites are elite, Alexa Top 343 and my guess over 500k unique visits per day.

Why don't they get penalized or supplemental index? Do they have some kind of extra power over Google that other websites don't?

What is your theory on the matter?

MrSandMan, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  19. randomseo

randomseo Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience, unique content often weight higher from the points of search engines.
    You can getter better ranking if you have unique content.
    BUT, 100% unique content is rarely exist, if you write anything some portion of that is already talked by others before.
    Duplicate content is all over the internet, if you search title of hot article you will find 100s of results on google.
    IF it deserves a penalty, there should be few or only one results for the same content, but in really when you keep searching you will find many contents are copied and posted again and again which means penalty might be very weak.
    It is also depends on the ratio of duplicate content, if you have only duplicate content on your website you might be in trouble, if you have duplicate content only from one or few resources you might be in bigger trouble.
    But is you have duplicate content from various resources and also have some unique content plus some tactic of driving traffic and keeping people on your site you can live with duplicate content.
    It also depends on your site design, if your page with duplicate content comes with other stuffs related information on the sidebar you have better chance of getting ranks even for that duplicate content.
    I have build several sites using free articles on my site and getting quite good results.
    The main factor is diversity of the content and overall performance of the website, if you do some seo and link building work you might even rank out from the content owner site.

randomseo, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  20. gmmsbm4

gmmsbm4 Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for information

gmmsbm4, Sep 13, 2008 IP