1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does it worth To buy link from Alive Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by tulip4heaven, Oct 2, 2006.

1. kirby009

kirby009 Peon

Best Answers:
    the pr 7 link it has won't do you any good. It'll get you a little boost to your websites pr not much. it can't hurt to get one. if it's under 5 bucks.

kirby009, Oct 4, 2006 IP
    Computer(Jew) likes this.
  2. banless

banless Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll admit that I was not to high on alive at first but I must give chris props and say that he has done a very good job as far as getting in good with other directory owners. As for the pr 7, he was bound to get that sooner or later. What chris has done with his directory just goes to show that if you want to make it in this market you need to be aggressive and put out the money that is needed to make your business successful, if you do that then everyone will flock to your directory as well.

The question that remains now is, who is going to be the next one to push their directory to a higher level? Although it may suck now and is pretty much low key, but be on the look out for index-it.net in the next few months.

banless, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  3. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Me! I am just currently engulfed with work to go at it full force.

an0n, Oct 4, 2006 IP
    Richie_Ni likes this.
  4. Deadlock

Deadlock Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a big fan of submitting links to directory unless they are a niche directory. Was thinking of submitting to Alive but where I would submit has a lower inner PR and I don't think I would get many if any targeted hits. But I have to admit... It is the best directory out there. By far.

Deadlock, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  5. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    nate_king1, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  6. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Banless -> I see that you are promoting your directory index-it.net very well and you could get pr7 next update. I am also trying hard to promote my Ask Directory but I have a small budget nothing compared with chris i must go more for the “Best bang for the buck” and creative solutions :).

! Ask !, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  7. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    If this helps you decide, i just bought a featured listing at alive with my lunch money for the month :D

Ill see if i can spend my breakfast money on one for Aviva lol.

Seiya, Oct 7, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  8. anandnadaar

anandnadaar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree to all the comments... It is surely rated as one of the best and recognised directories online today. So after hearing so much of clean comments on Alive Directory you have to buy it :)

anandnadaar, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  9. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    Both alive and aviva are great, high PR, well promoted.
    But it's little too expensive for me. And subcategories have PR5 an PR4.
    So for pagerank it's better look for cheaper (on mine LinkForever featured PR4 = $7 now).
    I can't say anything about traffic, but I suspect there are better solutions.
    Anyway congratulation for both directories after latest PR update.
    And Alive is also promoted as a featured link on mine LinkForever!

dargre, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  10. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Man... i never believed. i purchased a link to get PR and was getting very nice traffic too..... man it is really cheap. You can buy a link only 36$ for unlimited. You get listed on a high PR5-6 page inside and that gives very nice traffic to you.

aditya_sfs, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  11. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    A permanent PR5 link for $34.95 I think is a very good value if you are after PR.

! Ask !, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  12. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    Talking honestly. For $36 you buy regular link which means your link can be listed on 2nd, 3rd or deeper page in your category. It doesn't provide PR6 link and even PR5. Also doubt if SE like Google will index such link so fast.
    Ofcourse it depends on category, but those popular need featured link foor good PR and some traffic. And this is over $70. For $70 I can have 10 links from PR4 fast indexed, different IP's. It seems far better for both PR and traffic.
    And in the end: I never expect huge traffic from any directory. For $70 or $36 you can have a banner or a button on popular site (PR not so important then) and get traffic hundred times better than from any directory.

dargre, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  13. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you please PM with details on these great deals 10 PR4 for $70, and $70 for a one year banner on a popular site and $36 for a permanent banner, I never found these deals.

! Ask !, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  14. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Dude whats afoot here if this is the sizzle please PM me the details

britishguy, Oct 19, 2006 IP
    Richie_Ni likes this.
  15. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the big advantages of quality directories with editorial integrity is that you are listed on a page that only lists sites related to yours, you can have a good link at a regular site, but if you are listed on the same page as gambling, construction, web development etc. in the end tell me what the bot thinks your site is about? You are confusing the poor bastard.

! Ask !, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  16. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, now with all that being said, and knowing how well chris promotes the sites that are owned and operated, what would be your analysis/take on this particular venture?

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=162055

(i can tell you i bought two myself, and have spoke to honey on an even greater improvement for the script)

an0n, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  17. blahmartinblah

blahmartinblah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you givie me some idea of which category, and how much traffic you get per month?

blahmartinblah, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  18. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I finally listed mine site after the last update and the page i'm on is PR3..this listing is a permanent link so what do you think the PR and Price will be next year??
    Humm,anybody?

FOX LORE, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  19. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can see any phpld directory being as huge as a yahoo or dmoz type of directory.

I say this with confindence, because I know for a fact that it can handle over 2,635,000 categories. And yea, i'll be adding more, because that's what i do; push the script beyond it's limits. ;)

I can see either alive directory or aviva directory being as high priced as yahoo one day. (and with great regards in why they would be)

But that's just my .02, so I guess you can take it with a grain of salt ;)

Rob

an0n, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  20. LoriVa

LoriVa Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting traffic from a directory is good but shouldn't be the only goal. When you're listed in a quality directory that passes good PR then that PR will help your Keyword Rank to rise and thus more traffic. If it's a quality directory then it's also passing trustrank which Google favors highly which again raises your rank.

I always check the site's listed in a directory before submitting to see if the listed site's link command brings up the directory for the site listed. If not I move on. Links to Alive are indexed in Google by the next backlink update.

However, I checked 6 links listed in Aviva and didn't find one of it's listed sites with a link from it in Google. The only reason for this would be if it's a new directory.

LoriVa, Oct 20, 2006 IP