1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't add a signature why?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by AdsInfluencer, Dec 7, 2014.

I got 3 likes and been a member for over 90 days so why can't i do it?

AdsInfluencer, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  2. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am not staff nor moderator in this forum but I would try to answer your question as I could.

To answer your question, we need to read the help section available HERE. The rule stated:
    To summarize everything, you need to be Established Member to have a signature. To be Established, You need three different Established Members like the post you wrote.
    Here is step by step:
    1. To have signature => Be Established first.
    2. To be Established Member => Get three likes from three different existing Established member.
    It seems you were failed in second step. It is true you were receiving 3 likes already.
    Snap-2014-12-08-at-14.17.19.jpg
    However, if we look carefully on your profile. The first people whom giving you likes were not established yet. ca4nul perhaps is an established member in the past but he/she is no longer Established Member when you receive your third likes.
    Snap-2014-12-08-at-14.21.26.jpg

It means you were:
    1. Having Two likes from two different Established members (From Rebecca and Alpha_mental).
    2. One likes from Ca4nul (Was Established Member in the past but No longer Established when you receive your third likes).
    To overcome the problem, you just need one more likes from an established Member and the option to have a signature will be available automatically.

In my opinion, it is not mods/staff whom stopping you to have a signature but it is a system which didn't allow you to have signature until you fulfill all requirements.

About Ca4nul, He/she probably become non-established member after losing two likes. There are lots of reasons for this such as:
    1. The user whom gave him/her likes take it back (unlike the posts)
    2. The system remove the likes because it is not in accordance to the rules (breaking rules)
    3. The posts where the user receive likes were removed (thread/post removed)
    4. And much more.
    I am not staff nor moderator so I have no idea what caused it. :)

Last, don't think too much about likes. I believe you will get one or more likes just by helping another members in this board. :)

ARICK

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    Arick unirow, Dec 7, 2014 IP
    Avener, Content Maestro and sarahk like this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Good detective work Arick!

sarahk, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  4. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just like @Arick unirow got for his post.:)
    Yes, and apart from that I also appreciate the time he has spent for it and the way he has explained everything in such an amazingly detailed way!

Content Maestro, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  5. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    I learn from the best. :)
    I used to write detailed posts while working with my professor in the past. I really like this forum because DigitalPoint encourage all user to write 'useful and helpful post'. I think the rules will have positive impact for all users. I get so much benefits for doing that and I believe everyone would gain lots of benefits too just by changing their styles in writing post/content. I used to say "The best SEO is writing useful content". In my opinion, anyone whom writing useful post/content would find it easier to rank sites. :)

I believe DigitalPoint would always become popular and favorite forum because it keeps quality rather than quantity. It just about times all search engine will slap low-quality forum and rank high-quality forum as it supposed to be (once trusted and usefulness level become the first parameters to rank forum).

By the way, English is not my primary language and that is the reason I often edit my post multiple times just to make it readable (correcting some typos). :)

For OP, I see you already get signature. Congratulation. :)
    I was trying to find the answer and I remember Shawn ever said:
    So, it could be your first (and probably second) likes were actually 'positive REP' from the old system which is translated into 'likes'.

There are many user whom already have lots of likes in the first day when this forum introduce 'likes' as the requirement to be established member. They are members whom having lots of 'Positive Reputation' in the past. It seems you are another member whom receive likes from your 'positive reputation' in the past.

ARICK

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Arick unirow, Dec 8, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  6. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When I joined the forum, the rule of '3 likes to become an Established Member' had already been implemented. I have none of my likes converted from my positive reputation in the past.
    Anyway, I truly appreciate the time you take to help out newbies and people who ask queries.:)
    Cheers.

Content Maestro, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  7. Sumaira Haque

Sumaira Haque Member

Best Answers:
    Really appreciate your efforts Arick! BTW, I wanna know how can I like someone post if I found that useful? I didn't see any option so far

Sumaira Haque, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  8. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    it take about 12 hours for the system to give you signature adding permission after you got 3 likes. So i see now you have got the permission.
    Sumaira same to you, you need 3 likes before you can like other post.

Naina S, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  9. Sumaira Haque

Sumaira Haque Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Naina

Sumaira Haque, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  10. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    To likes someone's post, you just need to click/press likes button available in the bottom of each post.

You will see them in near future after three established members like the post you were writing. Just focus on helping others and you will get more than three likes. Writing useful post is another easier method to get more likes. I believe you should start doing it from now on if you want to be established. :)

Here is the screenshot of 'likes button'
    Snap-2014-12-09-at-17.11.25.jpg
    @Naina S already answer your question on how to be established member and use the likes button. It is nice too see you in this board. You were registered less than a month and already established, well, that's good. I like it. :)

@Sumaira Haque, here are few links which may useful for you:
    1. FAQ for Old and New Member
    2. Help section about Established Member
    3. Proper ways to thank someone
    4. How we get likes
    Last, I wish you could be helpful member in this board. I am looking forward to see you being established member. :)

Arick unirow, Dec 9, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  11. Sumaira Haque

Sumaira Haque Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I like analysis and fixing SEO issues as I belong to the same field, it helps me to improve my analytic skills as well.
    Thanks Arick for your appreciation, it means a lot to me :)

Sumaira Haque, Dec 9, 2014 IP