1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BST changes

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Shoemoney, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I ignore a single bad thread rating (it gives a mouse over count). I'll pretty much ignore a single rating even if it's good. I figure it is some bitter twit or the OP doing the rating in those cases. More then one vote however, and I know that it's been more then just one person doing the voting. If I saw 5 votes and 4 stars, I'd certainly figure it was a better then bad. Likewise, if I saw 5 votes and two stars, I'd certainly be thinking twice about making a deal. (I give three stars to sig threads that do not apply to me)

I have not gotten any negative feed back from the mod team about reporting anything as of yet, though I've not reported anything as being suspect of scamming. Either way though, I bet they would be happy to know, should you be offering proof of fraud/scamming (if for no other reason then to stay clear themselves).

Qryztufre, Feb 17, 2008 IP
    Shazz and Pinup Girl like this.
  2. TheCodMan

TheCodMan Peon

Best Answers:
    An issue that deserves immediate attention is one of $5 items in freebies section. This is an important issue for many of us that sell multiple services in this price range. People go to freebies for free items and it is not fair to dump paid services their, for the person looking for something free or the person trying to sell a low cost service.

A poll was started and discussion was attempted here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=728884 but it was soon closed without a solution in place. Furthermore an infraction was given to the person starting it... if you can't start threads with suggestions in the feedback/suggestion forum there is something seriously wrong. DP should be respecting its members.

While I understand the current solution is temporary it is one that is not working. We have proposed a solution: Create a $5 an under forum where no iTrader is given. What is preventing this from taking place?

TheCodMan, Feb 28, 2008 IP
    Shadab likes this.
  3. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    I'd like to offer my services of moving threads for you (free ;) ). I wont mind, though you'll need to give me a few days...

I'm not asking for mod privileges or anything other then just the ability to help clean up after any such changes like making a "$5 and under" board or maybe *hopes* breaking the link sales forum into a few sub forums. (Which I guess are mod privileges, but ya know what I mean).

I know that sorting through hundreds of thousands of threads can be a rather daunting task...so I thought it would just be nice to raise my hand and say "I'll help" :D

Qryztufre, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  4. TheCodMan

TheCodMan Peon

Best Answers:
    I too would be more than willing to help with the task of re-organizing threads following the creations of a $5 and under category or similar.

TheCodMan, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    We're all set with mods/people to move threads. Thanks for the offer.

GuyFromChicago, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  6. TheCodMan

TheCodMan Peon

Best Answers:
    When closing the thread with the poll you suggested this thread to continue the discussion on the topic. I did that as instructed and you have now given me an infraction for doing so?

TheCodMan, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  7. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    This is a thread for discussing ideas for BST, not infractions (yours or anyone else's).

GuyFromChicago, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  8. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Has anything "major" been decide for the BST area? Or is anything in the pipe to happen in the future?

This thread is a couple of months old... just wondering what's going on :)

FanAddict, Mar 4, 2008 IP
    bogart and Pinup Girl like this.
  9. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Been to the BST area lately?

They have banned swapping social bookmarking, and according to the thread about it here in Suggestions, more changes are being looked into.

Qryztufre, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    We have made quite a few changes over the past few months.

GuyFromChicago, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  11. gpearce

gpearce Active Member

Best Answers:
    And every one of them welcome :D
    It was a great idea to ban the social networking exchanges, possibly the next thing to go should be all these "complete an offer and i'll give you $0.50" threads, because the owners rarely pay, as far as I know, and it's normally against the advertising companies rules?
    Just a suggestion :cool:

gpearce, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  12. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:

I seen that :) very good changes.

What I was mainly wondering about what "structural" changes to the BST area to come in the near future?

FanAddict, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  13. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I'm also waiting for some changes in the structure. I know it will mean some work in moving threads but It will for sure make life easier on the forum.

Scriptona, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  14. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen also that social networking exchange changes , but how about those member who are selling other member's intellectual property with any rights given to them. Is there a plan included int he new structure if there is to combat them?

PinoyIto, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  15. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the Idea For a DP will be a Paid Forum is Good and also the New Thread Fees in BST.
    But I have to clear that you guys will take fees from those who have already started threads or from those who will start there service or product thread after 1 May?

Thanks

Edit:
    Oh Wait .. Is This thread is a April Fool Joke?
    I hope so it is :eek: :D

AaRGeE, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  16. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    This place is huge but if you make it PAID you'll be giving your competitors a hay day. I think if you make stuff NOFOLLOW with NO INCENTIVE to pad post etc etc and charge a FEE for listing in BST you'll make more.

Why scare people at 50$ a year when they will signup for free then if they are sellers will pay regularly to sell things?

Just My 0.02$

Flip side is if this is a April Fools Joke .... Good response ;)

Dubz, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  17. maste`

maste` Peon

Best Answers:
    DP has been famous around here cause it has been free since its beginning.
    Right?
    Applying a fee to every stuff that would be sold on the BST section, will break the original spirit.
    Becoming a paid forum would be too.

Ok, if we are going to pay a yearly FEE, admin and mods please give us some good reasons to do so.
    Will you provide us a cleaner place?
    Will you share with us any masterpiece with the money you're going to earn?

Let's afford this fact:
    Active Members: 51,521
    Let's say that just a half of the total active members will pay a fee for registering on DP.
    That's 25,761 members.
    Every member will need to pay $50/year right?
    1,288,025 $, for just a half of the total active members.
    Without even considering the posts' fee!

We all know DP server's cost are high, but we all also know that there are many reasons to join DP, and one of them was that it has been FREE.

Summing it up, i think we all need to know the reasons why you're going to turn this free forum into a paid one.
    For a sign of respect and clarity.

maste`, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  18. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think making it paid is something in Shawn's head. I think I have read Crazy_Rob saying this.

Scriptona, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  19. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't mind paying a yearly fee to access DP (keeping in mind it's reasonable).
    But if this place turns into fee based threads, i'll be leaving here... just like I did SitePoint.

FanAddict, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  20. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    mikey1090, Apr 1, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.