1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bidilicious Rank

Discussion in 'Directories' started by SilkySmooth, Feb 11, 2008.

1. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    scoobby, if you are refering to WebyDirectory as the 11th in the list, then...

custom design - Agreed, you out rank it on this.

have less backlinks - Agreed, you out rank it on this.

less alexa rank - Agreed, you out rank it on this.

less indexed pages - You are both pretty much on par.

smaller pr - Irrelevant, it doesn't count at all and is only for display purposes.

less on everything - Afraid not.

WebyDirectory out ranks you in the SERPS.

SilkySmooth, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  2. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    you mean that 7 place on that
    Results 1 - 10 of about 298,000 for permanent listings.
    is better than 7 place on that
    Results 1 - 10 of about 8,260,000 for european directory.
    ????
    SERPS must be check by what the title of the site is...
    or the title of the subpages...you will see that at least my serps are very good i guess you have specific keywords to check and not the titles of the sites.
    thats must be the mistake on the algorythm you have.
    also i dont find anything wrong in the directory i am refering this directory was just provide me the evidence that the age of my directory is not the issue to rank so down...
    i dont blame you or anything,you make the algorythm you choose how it ranks sites i am just giving you a heads up about serps are for terms that are after the directories and not some general keywords....

scoobby, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  3. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    You created your own algorithm for bidilicious.com that's impressive.

kingofsanda, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  4. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    kingofsanda, thanks, it took a lot of work.

scoobby,

In this statement: "i dont blame you or anything,you make the algorythm you choose how it ranks sites i am just giving you a heads up about serps are for terms that are after the directories and not some general keywords...."

I am afraid I would have to disagree, the Bidilicious Ranking system is not just for bidding directory owners but also for directory submitters. It is intended to help them make an informed decision before they decide whether or not to place a listing within a given directory.

Therefore general keywords are more important because these are the SERPS which will deliver traffic through your web site and onto the web sites which you have listed.

Joe Bloggs the bidding directory submitter couldn't care less where your site ranks for "permanent listings" or "my directory name" because that is only going to attract other submitters and not real traffic. The only thing that gauges is how good you are at promoting your own product and not your end clients.

In addition, if I were to do as you suggest and "check by what the title of the site is".. again this wouldn't really prove anything as most sites will rank well for their own site title, so it would just create a blanket of similar scoring across all of the bidding directories.

Please don't take this the wrong way as I do appreciate your continued input into the algo, I just don't agree with you this time ;)

SilkySmooth, Mar 17, 2008 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.
  5. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am sure you know better the directories industry,i believe my field is seo thats why serps matter hurt me, because to achieve 7th position in a term that have milions of results and a 7th position for a term have some thousands is different.But anyway if i have a bidding directory and this algorythm is for rank bidding directories it will be fair not to judge for the difficulty of the keywords but for the bidding directory industry,so its fair and u did a nice work...hope you have a succes on that,as far as i know every algorythm have weak spots(even pr that is not apreciated anymore for some respected members here)but i have to admit that is very important to me because as i can see in my toolbar is the measurement of the importance of a page according to google and since google send me the most of my traffic i consider it as a important value for my progress allthought it became a really unpredicted and sometimes faulse indicator.

scoobby, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  6. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,

I have decided to put Bidilicious up for sale as I lost interest in the project and no longer have the time to maintain it. If anyone is interested please check out the sales thread, bidding starts at $20 with no reserve.

SilkySmooth, Jul 5, 2009 IP