1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords related to SERP position?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by lonewolff, Oct 4, 2009.

1. lonewolff

lonewolff Member

Best Answers:
    Well honestly, nothing happend to the new site that I added to adwords last night. :(

But! Another co-incidence.

My first site that started this discussion, that was initially at #18 and moved to #14, took another leap. It jumped to #5 over night.

lonewolff, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  2. cyoung35

cyoung35 Peon

Best Answers:
    mine moved slower...it took a few days to go up and when i stopped them they went down after a few days. My site wasn't a brand new site though.

cyoung35, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  3. nivi

nivi Peon

Best Answers:
    Does adwords really helps in SEO....

nivi, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  4. PrometheusUK

PrometheusUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has always denied that there is any link between Adwords and SERPS. However, I have seen some "coincidences" in the past too that have made me wonder.

Thinking about it though... using Adwords could be indirectly affecting SERPS without Google actually taking the Adwords factor into account directly.

If say Alexa ranking (or just plain traffic to the site) was one of the many Google search ranking factors then switching Adwords on for a site and gaining a surge in visitors would affect both of these and this could, in turn, improve the SERPS.

PrometheusUK, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  5. rideswitch

rideswitch Peon

Best Answers:
    PrometheusUK you are dead on bro.

Adrienne DeVita is an SEO expert and she helped me SEO my site and get it ranked before my PPC campaigns went live. The difference in QS was night and day.

Will from PPC Coach also has a technique that mentions this as well.

rideswitch, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  6. daniel63

daniel63 Guest

Best Answers:
    After reading all of these posts, my take is that unless you are certain that adwords has no influence on the rankings, why not keep at least a small adwords account to potentially help your rankings? This seems like an inexpensive "insurance policy" to me. Even if you think there is no ranking benefit, you are still getting additional exposure and click-throughs at a fair market price.

daniel63, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  7. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google.

Those BASTERDS!

Apparently google was funded by the US.

Makes sence.

Screw PPC, it will only get you part way there!

nowimhere, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  8. ADIIPL

ADIIPL Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend the result of the quote ,because Google ad words sometimes help to gain SERP.

ADIIPL, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  9. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If, as Prometheus said, Google took into account traffic to a site as one factor to help you in the SERPs, then I would agree that PPC helps. But Google does not use that as a factor.

But whether you believe or not that PPC helps the SERPs, you should be using PPC for what it is intended for: get quality traffic.

Lucid Web Marketing, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  10. cyoung35

cyoung35 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think popularity of your site is a factor and the amount of traffic you get to a site through google is a popularity thing so why wouldn't google give any weight to traffic that is true traffic? Only google knows their algo's and anyone that says they know for a fact that google doesn't use this in their algo's is either an insider or is just guessing.

cyoung35, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  11. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you seen KWs consistently drop or increase in position after traffic decreases / increases? I'm telling you that I've monitored a hell of a lot of phrases and their positions and I've not seen evidence of this at all.

I'm telling you now that having an adwords account / increasing your balance, / doing PPC on a given KW DOES NOT AFFECT ORGANIC LISTINGS (apart from the chance more people will link to you after seeing your ad - and you'd need a lot of people to do this to make a difference, which I think you'll all admit is highly unlikely).

Tell you what guys, keep on thinking the conspiracy theories or take it from someone who looks at a hell of a lot of phrases on adwords and natural - up to you...

JHardy_WV, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  12. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    lonewolf, read the reference links before posting:

1) That link is about Adsense, not Adwords - they are 2 separate programmes

2) LBC results are TOTALLY different to natural / organic SERPS

JHardy_WV, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  13. cyoung35

cyoung35 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey JHardy,

I think you have an argument but are you also tracking your competitor's keywords and how much they are spending? Because without doing this you have no way of knowing if their spending more money than you are therefore not giving you true results about having evidence of this happening. I think it really has to do with the keyword and the competition that is out there for that keyword. All I know for sure is, we'll never know for sure.

cyoung35, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  14. Ckabayan

Ckabayan Peon

Best Answers:
    it is sound so good..........

Ckabayan, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  15. Motelsex

Motelsex Peon

Best Answers:
    after reading this entire post, i am actually a little bit surprised to see that no one has mentioned Alexa throughout all of this, and your Alexa ranking WILL be influenced by adwords, only in the sense that you are driving traffic, increasing your popularity and if you have the site for it, increasing the time spent on your site...
    ... so while you may not be directly affecting google's ranking system by using adwords, you are aiding your alexa ranking to some degree, which will ultimately come full circle into your google placement.

Please correct me if i am wrong about this - i'm not trying to be a know it all - but this only makes sense to me.

Motelsex, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  16. overstreet1983

overstreet1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I've had a "sales page" up for about 4 months, and it's been seeing limited success in the serps.

After restarting my adwords campaign, I've suspiciously seen a rise in the organic traffic going to this page. So, yeah ... I have to agree with others that ... it might not directly help you ... but factors such as alexa ranking may improve traffic.

overstreet1983, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  17. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think your Alexa ranking would have any influence on google? It's a fundamentally flawed system for gauging traffic, and Google has it's own toolbar/ search engine / bots and trillions of bytes of it's own data at it's fingertips.

magda, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  18. iknowalittlebit

iknowalittlebit Peon

Best Answers:
    Our Serps are terrible, yet we spend tens of thousands a month on Adwords.... so, I do not think one has anything to do with the other.... and if it does, then we are getting screwed and I would love to know how to get into the gravy club.

iknowalittlebit, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  19. lonewolff

lonewolff Member

Best Answers:
    Well, since starting this post my site is now #6 for a single keyword!

My organic traffic has now risen and I have only spent $11.00 on adwords for far.
    And whilst doing that I have made $9.70 in adsense. So, I am virtually getting free advertising. :)

lonewolff, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  20. RaymondFung

RaymondFung Peon

Best Answers:
    I have delved deep into site stats, and noticed a trend with adwords advertising and seo traffic. Might not be the case for all, but perhaps the physicological factor of people noticing your add persuaes them to organicly reach your site?

RaymondFung, Oct 14, 2009 IP