1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense success stories

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tdiamond14, Jul 17, 2006.

Everyone share their adsense success (or maybe slightly profitable) stories!

Help out the newbs in the forum.
    me being one one of them

tdiamond14, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  2. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    It's hard to talk about a success story without sounding like your gloating, but here goes.

I remember when AdSense came out and I balked. If there are any two years of my life I wish I could get back it would be from that day to the day I found digital point. Now, if there ever three years I could get back it would be from that day and the day I actually joined digital point.

That said, I started off slooooow. I remember when I got a $17 day because I had an article feaured on digg.com and I was stoked. Keep in mind I make a very decent living compared to most, and $17 is a relatively small chunk of change all things considered. But just knowing that it was like, "free money"... wow. Then my first Google check. $107. I was more excited about that $107 than any other $107 I had ever earned. I can't really describe it, but I call it the ether. It's this feeling I get whenever I check my AdSense or YPN stats for the day on a really good day. Or when any checks get to my house. It's just, the ether.

Then I got on this kick. I bought mining gold, I bought the rich jerk, I bought all this crap and somehow found Digital Point again. I had passed over it a while back with nary a second look. Silly me. Since then I've been a sponge for the information here.

My best day on AdSense so far was a little over $1,100. That was my best day. My very best day. I have days where I get 1/10 of that and it's not a terrible day - but I run a lot of other networks and programs.

I love Google. I really do. Google, Yahoo and all these other companies allow me to make the kind of money I need to sustain a life where I never have to send my kids to childcare. My son is almost 2 1/2 and I have had the opportunity to spend nearly every day of my life with him, and a lot of that is thanks to Google. I could have it done it without, but really - Google is my personal savior.

So success story... Yeah I would call myself a success story. And I am just scratching the surface.

My only advice is stay creative, stay dedicated and stay honest. Do those three things and you're guaranteed success.

Greg-J, Jul 17, 2006 IP
    iskandar likes this.
  3. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice story Greg :)
    This forum is full of success stories, good idea for a thread though.

Greg, when did you start using Adsense?

longroad, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  4. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    I read an article on some guy who got a $10,000 AdSense check and posted a copy of it. I forget who it was, but he was a blogger not a webmaster or domainer. So I started looking into how it worked, the terminology and all. Then I started playing with numbers. I actually wrote the beginning of an article I want to publish called "In...." well, I'll save that for when it comes out. Once I had spent about 2 days with a calculator in disbelief how easy it could be, I signed up and placed them on the site of a game mod I was running at the time and it started making me $5 a day. I just remember thinking "that was easy, I should do this 100 times and see what happens".

There inlies the problem though. Being a UI designer by trade and having (mild case of) OCD I don't have the ability to produce these ugly MFA sites that are meant for nothing more than clicks. So I end up spending a lot of time making sites with a purpose. In the short term it kills me compared to what I could be making, but I think there's a lot of longevity in my strategy.

But when did I start using AdSense? I don't know as if I have really started using it the way it can be used honestly. But I began using it maybe a year ago. I've only had my account for a year and a half or so.

I want to hear other peoples success stories though. I don't care how much you earn, I just want to know how AdSense has changed your life.

Greg-J, Jul 18, 2006 IP
    MakeSens likes this.
  5. MakeSens

MakeSens Peon

Best Answers:
    Greg your post was so nice, your thoughts are similar to mine.. I wanna make enough to get, keep and to be with my family.. actually I have a gf, and I wanna make her more then a gf if u understand.. I just finnished the school in this month, from now on I have to decide, online money, or factory.. the problem is that I have ideas but after a few days I read DP with such failures that I get disappointed right before I start..

Sometimes DP isn't helping, here are so many paranoic people who are afraid of all, and many pessimist people..(like I am:( )

Just a question Greg: How did you start making your first website?(purposal, useful, non MFA) Did you choose a niche coz it's your hobby, do you like it, or after research? Sometimes I can't decide, make what you know or what is worth. I think what you know is better, since I`m honest and hate copiers..

Again, very nice post!

MakeSens, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  6. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cristian Mezei, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  7. MakeSens

MakeSens Peon

Best Answers:
    vai... that thread seems too long, but it makes no difference for me... I just have problems with finding the threads where I used to write:)

MakeSens, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  8. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I've posted the long version of my story more than once, so here's the short version:
    started in january.. hit the $100 at the end of feb, $350 in april, $1700 may, $2100 june.. $1000 so far in July.

Before i started my site i must have read every post here and at that other "webmaster" forum. I remember thinking "..are these guys for real, making all this money?" .. i also remember being terrified that my initial investment of $100 or so for the webhosting would go to waste..
    I loved reading all the success stories when i was first getting started.. but dont forget there are many out there stuck in the sandbox not making anything..

Tearabite, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  9. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Improved earnings nearly every month. This is my success. Not enough to make a living yet.

infonote, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  10. cahaya

cahaya Member

Best Answers:
    i'm not succes yet
    but the story is

with adsense, my life is better

cahaya, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  11. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if we did post in that, even if someone stickied "ALL THE SECRETS TO ADSENSE", we'd still get the same questions, over and over :p

Art, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  12. dreamedia

dreamedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had the same luck, & been able to be a "stay at home daddy" for every day of my 6 months old daughters life. Adsense pays for me to see her wake up beside my office desk with a smile.

There's other types of success apart from the huge checks, i prefer time over money. And thats the beautiful thing about this business, your sites work 24/7 so you don't have too...

dreamedia, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  13. przemek

przemek Guest

Best Answers:

Sounds very nice :) I take it you stared working on websites in january? That seems a very successfull few months :)

przemek, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  14. adsensepublish

adsensepublish Banned

Best Answers:
    excellent stories, hope i have my own success story soon.

adsensepublish, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  15. Munna

Munna Guest

Best Answers:
    A small success story here. I started IM in about feb this year my first website was a complete failure. I tried to jump into the IM to quickly but I think failing the first time was a good thing because you feel your way in so to speek and get a reality check. Its not as easy as the rich jerk and others make it out to be. I thought well this sucks and that I have wasted my money here so I gave it a rest for a while.

Anyway about 2 and a half months ago I started a new website on a free sub-domain because I didnt want to spend any more money. Anyway the niche I choose was something I had high interest in which in my opinion is really important. Started off making 1 to 2 dollars a day from adsense I was happy just to see a little income.

Anyway after learning more about ad placement (micheal Chenys videos really helped me) to make the most of the little traffic I did get I am making on average $12 a day. I have had a couple of $22 days and a $26 day, my goal is to be making at least $40 a day from adsense in 6 months time.
    keep the storys comming this is a great thread

Munna, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  16. Original

Original Banned

Best Answers:
    Well here is my short success story. I begin when i was 17 years old trying to find away to make money online, looking at ebooks, doing does stupid surveys, and stuff like that, then i deciding to start my own blog about a topic that i know about a lot. I worked hard on it for several months and Msn was the first search engine to send me good traffic, so i decided to do 2 more blogs about the same topic, but different types. After several months of seo work Msn was sending my 3 sites traffic and was making 5,6,7,8 and up to 16 dollars a day. Then Google pick my site and things starting to get good, and if things couldn't get better yahoo rank my sites also and the traffic sky rocketed drew the roof. I also put my ads in a better position and my ctr got way better. Now I'm making more then $150 dollars a day in average and its in amazing experience, especially with only 18 years of age.

Original, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  17. Munna

Munna Guest

Best Answers:
    Good stuff original very nice success story. My site was picked up in msn this week and is currently in 6ths position how long did it take to get up googles rankings after you got into msn
    cheers

Munna, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  18. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice story :) I havent really got a story, but i'm earning a minimum yearly salary for someone alot older than me, i am happy with where i got to with 7 months work! Someday maybe $200+ a day, but who knows maybe $1 :D

terryuk, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  19. arafatz

arafatz Peon

Best Answers:
    original; nice story. inspired by these kind of stories

arafatz, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  20. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why we have so many of these threads, but here's my little story:

I made over $1000 in two and a half months from a .blogspot blog that followed the CNBC Squawk Box Portfolio Challenge

Tyler Banfield, Jul 22, 2006 IP