1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 cent clicks

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by nevetS, Feb 4, 2005.

Just noticed 1 click during a time frame and it paid all of 3 cents. I really wish there was a way to get rid of those ads.

URL filter won't work because I'll never know which ad it was.

nevetS, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  2. Fishing Forum

Fishing Forum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, its pants as I can get click less the that!!

Id prefer to get rid of these low paid ones, and if there is no advertiser willing to pay that for the page then I would prefer to have a banner promoting one of my other sites

As in my field it can get silly the amount going on and must admit starting to think is the couple of xxx dollars worth it when I can use it to promote other sites . Been doing adsene for two years ish and it justs getting less and less a click and impressions have greatly increased

Love it if MSN or yahoo came into the market as at the moment its not competitive

Fishing Forum, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    The thing is with growing competition, the cost of ads overall will dilute. Good for advertisers, bad for publishers. People just aren't going to commit to spending $50/day on three different networks. They'll pick one, and if it's too competitive, they'll just migrate to the other and put up some 10 cent bids on the competitive one just in case.

nevetS, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  4. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    won't the massive influx of advertisers offset that

ppc has been on front page news this past week, along wiht googles earnings

ferret77, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  5. valeriya

valeriya Peon

Best Answers:
    With the adsense "Invite a friend feature", adsense is already running on every jack and jill's websites....

valeriya, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  6. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, Ive been getting more and more of them.. its really a pain. Some as low as two cents a click.

Josh

Josh, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  7. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    i get that often too, which bites. of course i chose to build a site about something i enjoy, not something that has a high demand for expensive keywords, so i may be SOL :)

wendydettmer, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  8. seo1

seo1 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you know the click is 2 or 3 cents?

seo1, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  9. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    well, when i check and have 5 clicks, and 15 cents, it's kinda easy. Mostly i just do an average and my clicks are way low for most of the keywords. Problem is you don't know which ad is producing the low payout.

wendydettmer, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  10. bigslowrock

bigslowrock Peon

Best Answers:
    My epc is really down this month too. I've seen alot more clicks too. Go figure.

bigslowrock, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  11. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    And I got another one today, just logged into my stats

Clicks: 1
    Your earnings: $0.05

*sigh* Its better than nothing I suppose.. but I am never going to get my check at this rate ;)

Josh

Josh, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  12. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I have really noticed the EPC dropping big time. Can't really understand why, my rankings are the best they have been, the keywords I am promoting are the same. :confused: Something of interest, this seemed to have occurred when G introduced the changes to user CP about a week ago.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=9425

Homer, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  13. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    My God, have I ever seen a change. My effective CPM right now is a puny $0.03! I think its time to find a good CPM banner program..

Josh

Josh, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  14. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Josh: Please let us know if you find anything...I have searched high and low....nothing comes close, that is before recent changes. I haven't had a chance to calculate and compare, now. Prior to these recent changes the best program I could find was paying approx. 5% of what G pays.

I keep hearing overature is very close. I think G is aware of how they stack up and is now making changes to the program to reflect this.

Homer, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  15. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I can recommend a few CPM programs... TribalFusion pays decent, but they require at least 2k uniques/day (i think)...

Another decent program that is more accepting of smaller sites is Casale Media (casalemedia.com). They have good real-time reporting.

I keep hearing rumors that Overture is going to be coming out with an Adsense-like product very soon...

my3cents, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  16. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you guys need to sit back and relax, You're not going to earn your first million from adsense within the first month of joining. Keep creating websites that are *useful* to the users and contain relevant content, promote them a bit and you will see your earnings grow. There are plenty of adsense publishers who receive a monthly check for well over the minimum payout.

exam, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  17. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    my3cents...appreciate the info. I will follow this up. As far as relaxing...I am always relaxed until I start to generate unexpected revenue...then I can't help but getting excited ;-)

My Adsense account generates between 500-1000 clicks per day, plus I have a daytime job...sorry I can't relax about this new found excitement. I feel like a kid in a candy store :p

Homer, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  18. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I know, the problem isnt with adsense, its my site. Low paying keywords, and low CTR, because they come to the site to browse other websites, and have no interest in the ads. So CPM would be much much better for this site, but on one or two of my other sites adsense is working quite nicely.

I dont get 2K uniques a day, on good days I get 1.5K unique a day.. I get tons of impressions though, a good 10K a day sometimes.. and I use a good 1 - 2GB of bandwidth a day. On average its like 79.55 pages/visit! Right now I am trying popunders.. and if my visits decrease much I will remove them.. but with this kind of impressions I think it would be my best bet. (If they dont decrease my traffic, but even if they do.. I am not selling anything, the site is a public resource and so I dont loose anything (aside from ad money) by less traffic.. my BW is getting to high for comfort anyway :p )

Ive heard of casalemedia, and will signup and see if they accept me :p

Josh

edit: I dont think casale will accept me, because the site must be 'rich in high content quality', and by the nature of my site, this may be a bad idea. I am beginning to think this site was a bad idea.. but then again its my most popular site, now I just need to find a way to make it worth the high hosting cost.

Josh, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  19. Hijacker

Hijacker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm, well I have been at $0.03 - $0.05 for all the weeks, but today I just got on an ~$0.5 average again :D

Hijacker, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  20. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    About 2 weeks ago I found a thread that offered a free report of AS and AW payouts on keywords. Dammed if I can find it now. At the time I went for it and received a speadsheet with all the info.

It was really helpful knowing what keywords netted the most revenue. If I could find it I would have posted it here to help. I know it's here somewhere. I can say if you find it...follow the instructions, it is for real.

I guarantee you will find it enlightening ;-)

Homer, Feb 11, 2005 IP