1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1&1, oneandone, 1and1, one and one, sucks!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mcfox, Feb 23, 2006.

1. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you could try using one of domain name as log in name, see if that work

ahkip, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  2. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Worth a try but unlikely it will work. You are assigned a unique customer ID number with 1&1 which you must use in conjunction with your password to access your account.

mcfox, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  3. RC22Fires

RC22Fires Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow I should have read about 1&1 a little more before I registered my domain with them. It was working fine for a few days, but that was those first few day. Now my browser says: ' www.<myDomain> could not be found. Please check the name and try again. '

No reply from their support center yet, after I emailed them more than once.

I agree, 1&1 sucks. Plain and simple.

RC22Fires, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  4. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You could use your domain name as username in the front page. I tried and it works.

however, you need customer # in this page
    http://contract.oneandone.co.uk

ahkip, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  5. SoxFan

SoxFan Peon

Best Answers:
    I have two dedicated boxes with them, and have never had any issues with them. Maybe their virtual hosts are different?

SoxFan, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  6. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    when you try to cancel service, you will see

ahkip, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  7. SoxFan

SoxFan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the warning.

SoxFan, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  8. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've no experience with them, but have to say mcfox... nicely optimized post. Hopefully it gets your review to who you want it to reach.

Dominic, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  9. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Why thank you. :)

I would like to reach people who are considering using 1&1 so they can go into hosting with the company with eyes wide open if they still choose to do so; and I would like 1&1 management to sit up and take notice of the types of problem consistently encountered by people who use or have used, their services. Then to take decisive and effective action to fix them!

Someone posted this link on Namepros in the oneandone sucks thread there:
    http://www.bankraid.com/

mcfox, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  10. RC22Fires

RC22Fires Guest

Best Answers:
    Listen to ALL recordings in sequental order.

1and1.com UK call center recordings: wasitfree.com/recordings.htm
    (Coppy paste URL into your browser)

Another reason why 1&1 sucks! And is the worst registrar.

RC22Fires, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  11. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    I am still having problems with 1and1, so I have done some digging. If anybody is having problems with them also or heavens forbid, thinking of using their service read this thread on grumbletext.

http://www.grumbletext.co.uk/vt.php?t=1242&subj=complaints+1%26amp%3B1+Internet+Ltd+-+what+terrible+servce.+complaint

These guys are real crooks, they seem to be ripping loads of people off. They have it of to a real art form. I am now looking forward to their solictors letters from 'Smiths' who are according to one poster they are the same company as BFS Finance.

Another interesting fact one guy found out was this

NewBeing, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  12. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been following some advice which Consumers Direct gave me to try and get my money back from 1and1 and surprise, surprise, nothing has been resolved.

I have now reported them to Trading Standards in Slough and the BBC program Watchdog and I wanted to complain to their ombuseman which I thought was OTELO but they are not listed on the OTELO website.

Can anyone else suggest an ombuseman which they might come under?

Just out of interest, has anybody been taken to court by 1and1 for not paying the debt recovery company? In all the threads that I read, I have not actually heard of anybody being taken to court. I was just wondering whether they actually follow through with their bully boy tactics?

Some interesting websites set up by unhappy excustomers of 1and1 - www.wasitfree.com and http://www.bankraid.com/

NewBeing, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  13. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I don't know, however, I think they have a real fight on their hands with the poster, movingconcierge, over at Namepros in this 1&1 sucks thread.

mcfox, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  14. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to be honest, that doesn't sound like 1&1. Did you try phoning? Is it working yet?
    Their uptime seems to be 99.99% its only when it comes to transfering domains or closing accounts that they are a pain. (just like this thread says)
    If you want a long term website then it's great, if you buy a site develop it...get bored and want to sell it...then that's where you're going to get some agro.

James

Solicitors Mortgages, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  15. RC22Fires

RC22Fires Guest

Best Answers:
    Not bumping just replying to a quote.:D

Those were phone calls to 1and1.co.uk

And they were 100% real recordings, however from UK. Not the US.

All else I to add is, don't anybody waste your time with 1&1. Their prices are not even that amazing anyway. bluehost is the best deal you will find anywhere.

RC22Fires, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  16. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Pffft. I couldn't even get their crappy template website builder to work!

I did. Twice. Made a few changes to the text to try it out and that was the last time I got anything to work. Support (joke) told me they could get it working ok so I must have been doing something wrong. wtf?!

Avoid 1&1 like you would genital herpes is my advice.

mcfox, Apr 2, 2006 IP
    onedollar likes this.
  17. Carl05

Carl05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One and One in a nutshelll

They make a loss by undercharging for domain names, but then tie you into their services to recoup their cash. Seriously it costs around £500+vat to open a tld account and then £5+vat per domain to buy from source (proof of this can be found on nominet site)

You try and register a domain with them and point it at your own webspace

I learned this early on, that I could beat them on sales by not overcharging for a domain name and letting the customers do what ever the hell they wanted with them. I would sooner make a few pence than nothing at all. Checkout my prices at bladehost.net

Carl

Carl05, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  18. dotbeyond.com

dotbeyond.com Peon

Best Answers:
    My story: I had >50 domains registered with the devil..
    After I set 29 domain names to expire and notified 1and1 by email and phone, that i do not own fax and never signed for anything that requires to own fax, one day i found that all 29 renewed. Half of them were renewed using my credit card, and when it expired 1&1 opened me a "generous" credit line, and charged all domains. Since I did not ask for this credit, nor planned to renew those 29 domains, i refused to pay. I published article about this matter at hostingcompared.com. 2 days after 1and1 disabled 20 of my domains, which were paid, and never been part of any dispute (their logic that all domains come as "package"). It's been almost 3 month since i could use my domains...

I have started http://1and1sucks.info to collect signatures under petition to ICANN for Termination 1&1-ICANN Registrar Accreditation Agreement. I learned that there a MANY people like me,

I would really appreciate if you could post your experiences to 1and1sucks.info
    If for some reason it is not possible ( or you're just being too lazy), please place a bookmark to your "experience" into your favorite social bookmarking engine (like del.iciou.us) and mark it with "1AND1SUCKS" tag.
    Thanks!

dotbeyond.com, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  19. graymatter

graymatter Guest

Best Answers:
    dotbeyond, it gives us a good experience to not get tempted by the low prices they offer. As you are tempted, you should suffer.

Everyone here do business, how can any company can offer such a low prices. They expect you to buy their remaining products also. As you are an intelligent being, you registered only domains with them and so they fucked you.

I feel sorry for you. Good Luck. I will sign the petition now.

graymatter, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  20. dotbeyond.com

dotbeyond.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i did have hosting accounts. 2 of them. and those domains were my first purchase 3-4 years ago. I didn't know any better ;)

dotbeyond.com, Apr 24, 2006 IP